It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Simpsons be cancelled within the near future?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is not the last season, but do you think that htere will be a spinoff of the simpsons, like Futurama. Futurama was an awsome show, even though it only lasted 4 or 5 seasons, it never gets old. I watch every episond over and over and over... well you get the idea. But the question is, do you think there will be a spinoff?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I also love futurama, but I don't think there will be a spinoff, unless bart is older or something. There aren't any really good characters that can go it alone, other than the immediate Simpson family.

Something new and fresh like Futurama was would be cool...

[edit on 16-4-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ho wlong do you think that the spinoff will last? Will it last as long as the Simpsons?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by galm 1
Ho wlong do you think that the spinoff will last? Will it last as long as the Simpsons?

I don't know, you bought up spinoff's to begin with, I was stating that I don't think any characters in the Simpsons could go it alone, They need all characters or NONE!

But at a shot at answering your question, 2 weeks, look how popular friends was, then they made Joey go on his own, even though he was the funniest character, he needed all the others to make it work.

You see what i'm getting at now?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I see what you are getting at now.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The Simpson's 400th episode is comming in May!!!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think its had a good enough run and has gotten old and tired really, i believe futurama had a lot going for it and it would of been a good replacement, not an actual replacement as such of course but if i had to pick it would be futurama.

SR

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trancer
I thought Matt Groanings plan was to finish the show at season 21 making it the longest running show above another show I cant remember atm

buuut i maybe wrong, and does anybody know if Futurama is coming back?? i heard there's a new season and I love that show.

Yeah it was meant to have ended cause FOX decided to scrap it but there has been a new season made and talk of four straight to dvd movies i was happy when i found out.

Wikipedia:

On April 26, 2006, The A.V. Club published an interview with Futurama co-creator Matt Groening, in which he discussed plans to create four straight-to-DVD movies. Groening noted that co-creator David X. Cohen and numerous writers from the original series would be returning to work on the movies.

On June 22, 2006, Comedy Central announced that at least 13 new episodes were to be produced, to air with the reruns in 2008. Comedy Central also confirmed that Billy West, Katey Sagal, and John DiMaggio would return for the new episodes, with a 2008 debut planned;however, an unofficial fan site reports that the new Comedy Central episodes would consist of the straight-to-DVD movies, each split into 4 episodes (making 16 new episodes) rather than additional new material. According to an interview with David X. Cohen, the Futurama team are around half way through writing the new season, and Rough Draft Studios have just started animating. The new season will be set two years after the events of the last season, and will re-visit Fry and Leela's relationship and unanswered questions about Nibbler, dark matter and Seymour the dog.

The first movie, currently under the working title Futurama: Bender's Big Score, is in production. The film is written by Ken Keeler and David X. Cohen, and will include return appearances by the Nibblonians, Seymour, Barbados Slim, Morbo, Robot Santa, the "God" space entity, Al Gore, and Zapp Brannigan. In an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Al Gore confirmed that he would appear in the movie, playing his disembodied head. David X. Cohen later confirmed that he would also appear in the new season, and would be involved in a storyline which will show "what really determined the outcome of the 2000 Presidential election"

In February 2007, Groening clarified speculation as to whether Futurama had been revived in episodic or feature-film form, saying "[The crew is] writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes."

[edit on 1-5-2007 by SR]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
family guy is where its at guys. I honestly think that simpsons is done.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
They should have canceled the Simpsons years ago. The new episodes are NOT FUNNY. I watched a new one a little while ago and didn't laugh once. I use to laugh all the time at the older episodes. They were worth watching.

These new ones aren't even remotely funny. I fail to see any humor at all in them. I hope they cancel the Simpsons soon as theses new episodes are tainting the simpsons legacy.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What are you talking about!?! The simpsons should not be cancelled! the new episodes are funny. Just like the new episode on last Sunday. They are all funny!!!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The Simpsons has been unacceptable since Bush was elected and they refuse to touch him.

If Bush is not shown in the movie, it gets automatic thumbs-down from me.

Cowards are never innovators. It's impossible.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Family Guy has taken on the role of making fun of George Bush. The Simpsons got the FOX network started in the late 80's. They have been a part of the FOX network for over 20 years.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
They should have canceled the Simpsons years ago. The new episodes are NOT FUNNY. I watched a new one a little while ago and didn't laugh once. I use to laugh all the time at the older episodes. They were worth watching.

These new ones aren't even remotely funny. I fail to see any humor at all in them. I hope they cancel the Simpsons soon as theses new episodes are tainting the simpsons legacy.

I would be very happy for them to continue, I enjoy seeing new episodes, But if they are gonna cancel it then so be it, I just hope there is something new from them to, not replace it but just (I don't know what to write here, I would hate for them to replace it but I hope its good)

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The 400th episode is comming in a few days!!! This tells me that it won't be cancelled anytime soon.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The 400th episode came and went. Now, I can't wait for the 500th episode!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Does anyone else have an opinion about this?

<< 1   >>

join