It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE Insect found in Iraqi Desert.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

That's sick.

I would like to see that happen to you see if it would put a little empathy in your mind.

Selfless, it's a freakin bug!!
I personally can't stand any kind of bug and kill them on sight. Not to be mean but if they invade my space, my living quarters and such, that is their mistake..

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
D'ya know what, i've only just seen those videos and I've changed my mind.. i would either run or kick it over the moon... they are vicious! It could probably eat a baby person.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It looks like a Xenomorph from the Alien Movies.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
irony: people complaining that other people don't read ALL the threads, and then there is a stream of people answering a question that was answered in the first response.

(ie. THEY didn't bother to read THIS thread)

on a another note, how about some pictures of giant camel toes for a change?

Now THAT was funny.

I live in West Texas and we have scorpions, tarantulas, fire ants, army ants, wasps (along with about half a dozen "wasp likes" like hornet, dirt daubers). We have lots of bugs, and i used to do "battles" to the death in this giant, 5 gallon pickle jar i had. With ground bugs i would just put them in and watch. the arena was large see through from every angle. We could screw the lid on for the flying bugs (catching them with nets). Bug fights were always fun.

One thing i noticed: webspinning spiders fare well against scorpions, while jumping spiders (like "wolf spiders") do poorly. Also, windex is a good way to slowly make a bug more ill, just for added effect. Funny...now I am a near pacifist and would never kill a bug needlessly. But, in my preteens it helped pass the sumers when it was too hot to stay outside for long.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Cripes, that looks like a sand demon. really, that's a pair of camel spiders. Ugly blighters aren't they? not really dangerous though.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
THAT IS A CAMEL SPIDER. THET LIVE MAINLY IN IRAQ BUT ARE KNOWN TO LIVE IN OTHER DESERTS AS WELL. I DID SOME RESEARCH ON THEM. APPARENTLY IF yOU GET BIttEN BY ONE YOU GET VERY SIK OR DIE WHOO!! THAT WOULD RUIN MY DAY!!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'd hate waking up to that crawling across my face. YEESH!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
bugs make children cry and me screem

HATE THEM

link   
went to the web site - my daughter played with one of these at London zoo during touch feel session - they are so they say pretty harmless and i can see me setting up a new vivarium to keep a couple - they look like nice pets

link   
went to the web site - my daughter played with one of these at London zoo during touch feel session - they are so they say pretty harmless and i can see me setting up a new vivarium to keep a couple - they look like nice pets

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
yea bro that is a camel spyder for sure i seen a few in iraq i am in iraq now and there not poisonus but they put a toxic on your flesh before the bite you and it is to numb the skin and tissue so they can eat and you wont wake up but you will wake up with a hole in your leg if you not carefull plus there called camelspyders because they say they kill camels and then lay there eggs in its stomach lol they are creepy and weird and they can jump and they shadow you when you walk and it looks like they are following you it is weird but if you shoot it with a 9mm they got cool insides lol later

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by souls4everbound
I lived in Walker Lake Nevada while working at the Army Depot . They Had those there as well.

They have them in the southwest as well. Not as big, but FREAKY looking. Out there they call them wind scorpions.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm damn glad I live in New England. No bugs larger than an inch or two.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I'm damn glad I live in New England. No bugs larger than an inch or two.

A country of little bugs. Must be nice! Right now we are having problems with house centipedes. Way to freaky to have to live with.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have also found these out here in Las Vegas. My exterminator had no idea what the hell they were, so he took them to the local Dept. Of Ag. office to find out.

They are big (for a spider anyways), a light opaque color, and fearless.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
A country of little bugs. Must be nice! Right now we are having problems with house centipedes. Way to freaky to have to live with.

Same country, just too cold in the winter for bugs to get too big. It also means freezing my @$$ off when the heat goes out. It might be worth the trade off.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
it's deffinately a cammel spider

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
lmao at all the people in this thread bent over heals because these are photos of camel spiders and they have already seen them

i, for one, have never seen a camel spider and i still dont think i wanna see one (IRL) to scary for me

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey everybody, I'm from New Mexico and there are plenty of these "Camel spiders" here but we call them"child of the earth" or "Sun spiders". They can get about 6 inches long full grown, but like anything if left alone can sometimes get larger like the catfish in China. The picture of the two (yes I said two) Camel spiders thats been circulating around from Iraq is taken at an angle that makes it look a foot long, it's just photo trickery. Leave them alone, check your boots, clothing, sleeping bags, and anywhere they may be trying to to get out of the sun and heat. They serve a purpose too, just as the soldiers in Iraq. I would rather be bitten by a sun spider than stung by a scorpion, so let them be, they're just ugly. All Gods creatures have a reason for being so "Let them be".

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join