It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my night in jail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
ok i tried to edit out the bad words and it wouldnt let me without erasing the entire post so i am reposting the same story minus the bad words i didnt even think about being in it. I copied the post into word to edit and then pasted it back on here

About the purses, i actually have two bags i consider a purse and the one in the car is a messenger type bag that stay in the car almost all of the time, or i take it with me when i will will be somewhere for a long time and need things like juice and legos or hot wheels and markers paper etc. So while i did forget my purse they did actually go through my purse as well if that makes sense.
Anyway here is the original post edited for proper language
at about 6:30 last night my nephew and i decided to take a break from the soaping marathon he was helping me with ans run to go get something to eat. My cash was in my back pocket and i didnt even think to grab my purse, mistake number 1.
2 blocks from my house i got pulled over for not giving enough time with my turn signal as a warning before turning.

They came to the window and asked me for my ID, well i didnt grab my purse so no wallet or registration, i dont keep it in the glovebox anymore because DS has rifled around in there one too many times.

They go and run me and come back telling me to get out of the car with my hands up and put me in cuffs behind my back and sit me on the curb in the pouring rain.

They say they suspecy my car might be stolen and they smell something suspicious WTF!!!

They keep questioning me about the inspection sticker on the front window from 1998 from texas, i bought the car in late 98 and the sticker didnt want to come off so it has stayed, they ask me about 50 times when i got the car, how i bought it, where it came from, whos name is it in etc etc. The title and insurance are in my name, run it and see.

Finally they take me across the street so we can sit on the curb under an awning of a funeral home out of the rain. They refuse to let Casey who is not in any trouble or in cuffs get my hoody so i am shivering and soaked in a tank top.

They consistently ask what our relationship is, why i am i hanging out with an 18 year old boy....um im his legal guardian

They ask me where i work and i tell them from home, they say oh reeeaaaally, doing what???? I make Soap, they dont buy it until they later search my car and find some soap with my contact info on it

Finally cop number two comes over and tells me i have an outstanding warrant for Dog at large, from 2001, i paid that and went to court over it, but nope its flagged as a bench warrant.

They keep asking if there is anything illegal in the car, i keep telling them no, finally they say they have to remove my license tag and are going to put it in the back of my car, is there anything i dont want them to see, i say nope go ahead, but why did they need to remove the tags?!?!?!
Well i guess that was permission to search because they went through my entire car tore it apart, pulled a tent totally out of the bag and unrolled it, opened my Coleman lantern box and dissasembled it, emptied out my purse and make-up bags, the glovebox everything. I didnt consent to a search i said they could put the plates in the back of the car.

Finally they find the source of their suspicious smell. It is a japanese wooden box with brass handles and latch that i got for my DH, we keep our smudge pot and turkey feather, medicine bags, herbs like lavender mugwort and lemon balm, a big bundle of white sage, sacred tobacco, my brian froud fairy oracle cards, his medicine path cards, some relavent books, rocks and stones etc. None of it smells remotely like pot or anythig else illegal or looks like it either and all of the herbs are clearly labeled for that exact reason.

Thank god the tobacco pipe wasnt in there to or i would have been even more screwed.
So he rifles through the box, unwraps all of the cards and has a good hands on look at them, dumps out the tobacco into his hand and then when satisfiesd brushes it off onto the ground. Opened the medicine bag and questioned everything in them, and finally looked at me and said Why on earth do you have a box of herbs in your car......WTF its not illegal buddy and have some respect.

I told him the reason it was in the car is because we went to sulphur last weekend and put my Husbands Father's ashes in the ground with his mother's body and we took our religious instruments with us. To open and empty someones medicine bag is highly offensive, i wouldnt dare even ask to look inside DH even though he has shown me the contents and tells me when he thinks something new is going to go in it, DS is 6 and he has one he puts things that seem important in and even that is his own personal decision.

His response.....to laugh and say "you dont look indian", at which point Casey whipped out his CDIB card and choctaw nation health and ID cards, the cop said oh thats nice.
They put it back in the car with the bags all opened and spilling and somehow the oyster shell smudgepot got cracked in the process

Oh and i still had the rubbermaid tub in the very back of the car with the camping cooking and eating suppplies, some pots and pans, salt and pepper, a can opener, wet wipes, paper towels, silverware, plastic plates, and 2 cheap ass dollar store steak.kitchen knives, they threatened me with concealed weapons charges but i think they were bluffing, i hope they were anyway.

So they tell me to stand up and put my hands cuffed in front of me instead and tell me to take out my nosering, well i cant get it out, im still cuffed for christs sakes, and casey couldnt get it either because it was hurting me too bad. They refuse to let me look in the mirror of their cop car to try or uncuff me even though i have been totally cooperative and up front.

cop number 1 tells me thats fine if you wont take it out they will just cut it with snips at the jail, i said thats fine.

So they put me in the car and tell casey who they know has no liscense that whatever he does to take my car home after they leave is fine with them.

They take me to jail book me, and cant find the wiresnips so the cop puts on rubber gloves and says this is gonna hurt like hell but we have to do it, he wrenches the damn thing out of my nose as fast as he can with no gentleness, it hurt to the point that i started crying again and yelled out OW OW OW STOP< STOP!!! then he threw out the post because it had blood on it and they couldnt sterilized it there, It was a opal and cost me almost a hundred dollars. I was still cuffed behind my back so i couldnt even rub it or have a tissue to wipe the blood off, they wouldnt let me near it until right before my mug shot when a female officer wiped it off with a hard dry bathroom paper towel, guess they didnt want me bloody in the picture.

I was never read my rights, i still dont know what i have been charged with because the bond was over 800 dollars even though the single paper they gave me with a charge said $104 for that one outstanding ticket. They never told me what i was charged with or why.

My DH posted bail at 9:30 and i was dressed and about to go into a pod before someone pulled their head out of their ass and brought the bond paper in to them at about 11:45, i then sat there until 3:30 in the morning waiting to be released, in the same hallway as about 60 men waiting for either intake or outake, and one other female. And remember the cop wouldnt let me have my hoody so im sitting in there in a wet tanktop, making things even better.

There are guards around and they arent supposed to talk to the women but that doesnt stop them from staring and gesturing and talking amongst themselves, it is humiliating.

I have two different court dates on monday at 8 am and tuesday at 9 am of next week, which means i cant even call the court house ahead of time to find out my charges or get an appointment with a lawyer without having to pay triple the cost for a weekend appointment.

Im a freaking stay at home mom with no criminal record, no history of drug use or violence of any kind why was i treated this way.
I know my grandfather is on all sorts of watch lists, as he is quite politcally vocal and is always writing his representatives and the papers and magazines and quite a few of his letters have been published as editorials by the persona he uses of "man in the street" or "MITS" MY mom is an active member of Naral and often works their booth at the fair and takes part in their local fundraising efforts. Lord knows i have said and posted and read some pretty politically charged and often unpopular political views.
Im not trying to be paranoid but i really wonder if some flag didnt pop up with my name causing them to react this way to me.

I dont have a problem with police, Dh is trying to become one and works with them on a regular basis, i am worried this could affect his chances or his employment reputation.
But right now i cant stop crying and i feel so violated and victimized and downright angry. I managed to stay dry eyed and tough while sitting in the jail out of self preservation but the minute i got in DHs truck i fell apart again.

Im scared to death to go to court monday morning because i have no idea what im facing and what to do about it, i will be expected to enter a plea when i go. Sure they didnt read me my rights or tell me my charges and they freakin hurt me taking out the piercing but its my word against theirs and i know who will win that one before a judge.

Im going to go into the piercing place in the morning and have them look at my nose and see if its too #ed up for them to put another on in, right now it is so swollen and sore im not sure if they will be able to, but i love it and i dont want it to close up.

im just so upset by it all and really hate feeling this helpless and scared, and i hate that im still crying but it scared the crap of me.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by gluetrap]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Do not do a thing without a lawyer. You are far too upset to go into where you are going without professional assistance.

I am very pro-police and law and order, but having been there and worked it for a while, I will say, once you get on the bad side of them, no matter whose fault, it ain't a good thing.

Do yourself a large favor and be sure you have professional help. It will shortcut things and keep you (who are not legally trained, I assume) from making some "silly" unknown mistake that puts a bad mojo on you.

Good luck! It sucks to be where you are, but the only way out is to be very careful.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Sounds messed up,
might want to edited you post and take out the (A word)
might want to take out how they emptied your purse since you left it at home
and I'd wait on the piercing till after the courts dates ( they tend to frown on that - I know )
Ask for a public lawyer, try to be calm in court, and state the facts.
Also if possible ask if you can counter suit harassment, embarrassment , and such.
Bring in your nephew for a witness, and any other support you can, if the heat goes on ask to be judged by 12 then 1 which will push the date back to get a payable lawyer in which you can charge em back all the fees.

( these are not all correct terms I'm using cause I'm tired lol )

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
the scary thing is, i dont even know where i am

i have no idea what my charges are, and how do i find a lawyer on a weekend without spending a ton of money that we just had to plop down on bond.

My husband is cleet certified for private investigation, armed security and currently works loss prevention management for a major regional company, he works with cops all the time and i am very law and order as well. He also has his applications in with the sheriff's department hoping to get hired on.

But frankly even if i had an unpaid dog at large ticket, and really i might have missed something or gotten messed up and not realized i had more than thing from the time the neighbors called because she like to visit their dog under the fence but is that worth the treatment i recieved

I dont think all cops are bad, but i do know there are many on a power trip, but frankly as a middle class white female i havent had to deal with the sort of crap that you hear so much about, i now know firsthand how helpess and scart it is when faced with men with authority on some sort of ego power trip.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
gluetrap I feel for you, I dont know how to stop you cry, except I wish you luck in getting out of this quickly and nicely. So that you can move on from this and forget about it.

Ive had a few experiences with cops, in london, but luckily not as bad as yours, but what I find is that some have a mentality that they are better than you, they are VERY rude and have NO respect.

For example one time I decided to stand outside a food store for 2 minuites, so I can rest a while before going in to shop. Then suddenly I saw all these policemen come down the stairs (about 8)and I knew from then they were out for some fun.

They came straight to me, I havent done anything wrong but it seems being a young man is a crime these days in london. They asked very personal questions, about many things in my life, in a very rude way, their tone of voice was like they were better than me, and that I was a typical young criminal, I did nothing wrong. After they got bored of me, because of my great charm

They started to pick on another guy that was also waiting outside, he wasnt very happy, because they were also VERY rude to him, they decided to search him, they cuffed him, for no reason? searched all over his body, asking him multiple questions, surrounding him, intimidating him, standing very close to our face, feeling very threatning.there were like 8 policemen, wasting time doing this instead of sorting out real crime.

Everyone was looking at us as if we were criminals.

Anyway there are nice cops of course, but some cops are starting to act like gansters, thugs.

Now Ive been robbed by thugs before, and these police followed the exact same pattern, first they ask you questions about your life, then they want to search you and threaten you if you resist, exactly as the police. Gangs!

Anyway with those thugs I resisted and things got pretty rough lol, but thats another story.

Good luck, please keep us updated.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by _Phoenix_]

[edit on 31-3-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
They consistently ask what our relationship is, why i am i hanging out with an 18 year old boy....um im his legal guardian jack***
[edit on 31-3-2007 by gluetrap]

I'm sorry but I was laughing so hard when i read that. But yeah that sucks, but it happens all the time. But like you said your a middle class white femal so Im guessing this has never happened to you before. I'm not to fond of police, I dont hate them as people, b/c i dont know all of them on a personal level like that but I dislike police officers in general. I have too much to say on the subject so I'm gonna stop before I start ranting. Anyways I hope all works out well for you in court.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i just wanted to add that i edited my first post to remove offensive language and it wouldnt let me do it directly so i had to copy into word, edit and repaste it here, no details are changed, only some words taken out and few spelling errors, there may be more that im missing but im worn out and dont know if i caught them or not.

about the purse
I explained in the first post but will re-explain here in case someone misses it.
I actually have two bags i call a purse, one that stays in the car most of the time and a smaller easier to carry sensible one my wallet was in at home. So while i did forget my purse they also went through my purse in the car if that makes sense

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Wow. I am so sorry that happened to you. Craziness.

I could be wrong, and if I am, someone please correct me, but, by not reading you your (Miranda) rights, anything they find or whatever is generally suspect.

Also, from the experiences of people I know, in NYC and elsewhere, a public defender is not as likely to do his job well, as a paid lawyer. It's worth the investment.

Again, I'm sorry. I wish you the best of luck with court, and please keep us updated.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
First off what state are we talking about, that does have some effect on things.
Secondly, who are DH and DS? (I am guessing its son and husband)

They came to the window and asked me for my ID, well i didnt grab my purse so no wallet or registration, i dont keep it in the glovebox anymore because DS has rifled around in there one too many times.

It is a crime now to not have an ID on you at all times, and present it when asked for by a law enforcement officer. I know that sounds crappy and un-American, but it’s a fact for the moment with such things as the Patriot Act and Nation ID Act in effect. Its one of the first steps in the whole National ID debacle, which I am not even going to go into here.

Now from the time when the officer asked you to step out of the car, did you in anyway refuse a lawful order, or give them a hard time. When I say a hard time, I mean asking them “Why? What for? What have I done?”. Did you threaten them “I know my rights and you cannot do this”, or anything alone those lines? Did you yell, scream, cry, or otherwise throw a fit? Really, the only option that you have at the time of arrest is to request a supervisor, and possibly a female officer if you’re a women.

They keep asking if there is anything illegal in the car, i keep telling them no, but why did they need to remove the tags?!?!?!
Well i guess that was permission to search because they went through my entire car tore it apart. I didnt consent to a search i said they could put the plates in the back of the car.

As to them searching your car, they have that right if they feel that there is a reasonable suspicion. They do not have to put anything back away after they are finished searching either. You might be able to recover something from property they damaged, but I doubt it for a shell, and I would guess that it is going to require a trip to civil court. Just spotting a bag of tobacco sitting in a box, or something they consider to be drug paraphernalia is defiantly grounds to get your car searched, and knowing some of the things that American Indians use in ceremony, there are things that could have provided them that right.

Why they removed the tags I don’t understand unless they were from a stolen vehicle, or maybe expired.

Finally they take me across the street so we can sit on the curb under an awning of a funeral home out of the rain. They refuse to let Casey who is not in any trouble or in cuffs get my hoody so i am shivering and soaked in a tank top.

They are going to refuse to let your cousin go into the car for anything while its being searched as they do not want him removing evidence or grabbing a weapon.

They consistently ask what our relationship is, why i am i hanging out with an 18 year old boy....um im his legal guardian
They ask me where i work and i tell them from home, they say oh reeeaaaally, doing what????

To me this implies that they suspected you of either selling drugs, being involved in prostitution, or both. If you were in an area know for this, then that also can be considered reasonable cause.

Finally cop number two comes over and tells me i have an outstanding warrant for Dog at large, from 2001, i paid that and went to court over it, but nope its flagged as a bench warrant.

It does not matter if you paid the fine or not, a bench warrant is served for being in “Contempt of Court”. This is normally issued when you forget to show up for a court date. Going to court when supeana’ed is not an optional thing, they don’t give out sick days. Your lucky that your not still in jail to be honest with you, they did not have to let you bail out and could have continued to hold you:

Bench Warrant
the person is immediately taken into custody by authorities, rejailed and a hearing is held at which time new bail amount and conditions are set and a new court appearance date is scheduled. Often, if a person is arrested on a bench warrant, that person is held without bail until they can appear in court for whatever incident it was that they failed to appear to address originally.

2 cheap ass dollar store steak.kitchen knives, they threatened me with concealed weapons charges but i think they were bluffing, i hope they were anyway.

They did ask you if you had anything in the car, when asked this they also mean anything that can be considered a weapon. Hard to tell if they are kidding or not, I think it would have to do with their location in the car. You would be surprised at the things that it’s illegal to carry in your car. For example, I bet you did not know that carrying tools beyond what is required to change a tire is considered “having tools of burglary” in some states such as mine. This is what the police call fishing laws; it gives them an excuse to search someone’s car or arrest them for litterly no reason.

If you don’t like those laws, then your best bet is to lobby to get them changed.

So they tell me to stand up and put my hands cuffed in front of me instead and tell me to take out my nosering, well i cant get it out, im still cuffed for christs sakes, and casey couldnt get it either because it was hurting me too bad. They refuse to let me look in the mirror of their cop car to try or uncuff me even though i have been totally cooperative and up front.

Yes, they would. Once you are under arrest they cannot take your handcuffs off, especially if your struggling, and they cannot let you retain anything that could be used as a lock pick. I am willing to bet from this whole nose ring deal that you were not being quite as cooperative as your trying to make it sound in hindsight. Did at some point you end up on the ground during this? Did they have to drag you to the car or did you go along without a fuss?
The reason why is right here:

cop number 1 tells me thats fine if you wont take it out they will just cut it with snips at the jail, i said thats fine.

At this point the cops are ticked off with you, and they are starting to give you the hard path in life. This tells me you were resisting more then your letting on. I know how this goes, I have seen it a thousand times as most of my friends are officers.

So they put me in the car and tell casey who they know has no liscense that whatever he does to take my car home after they leave is fine with them.

Whoever was with you was an 18 year old, so they are perfectly allowed to tell him to do with the vehicle as needs to be done, and leave him there. He is an adult at 18, and their other option would be to tow the car. They actually saved you some money at this point.

They take me to jail book me, and cant find the wiresnips so the cop puts on rubber gloves and says this is gonna hurt like hell but we have to do it

Sorry, I am not buying this one. The only way this went down was if you were again resisting. If an officer has to so much as give your arm a pinch, then it has to be written up in a report called a “Use of Force”. There is no way that you walked around with a bloody nose from an officer pulling a piercing through unless you were struggling when they tried to remove it. Most all jails and prisons are covered almost 100% by video, and a booking area I can pretty much guarantee it to be the case.

I was never read my rights, i still dont know what i have been charged with because the bond was over 800 dollars even though the single paper they gave me with a charge said $104 for that one outstanding ticket. They never told me what i was charged with or why.

It should be on your booking paperwork.

I was never read my rights

Rights are now done for everyone, all at once, on some form of close circuit TV at the jailhouse. This is to ensure that everyone gets read them, and read them exactly. They no longer read your rights upon arrest.

Im a freaking stay at home mom with no criminal record, no history of drug use or violence of any kind why was i treated this way.

I am going to guess that when they told you they were going to take you down town for a bench warrant, that you freaked out on them, which made it really hard on yourself.

Im scared to death to go to court monday morning because i have no idea what im facing and what to do about it

You need to get an attorney. It’s going to cost you about $500 to retain one, but at least they can help you figure out what the deal is all about. Just make sure you tell him everything, and don’t slant it to make it sound better, or yourself more innocent then you were. If you resisted arrest or something then your best bet is to make sure you let the attorney know that up front as most jails and cops are covered by video tape to stop anyone from making accusations like the ones coming up here, and it is not going to help if they have you on video resisting.

I really advise you at least retain an attorney, or speak with a few. I would hate to hear that you show up in court and end up facing a resisting arrest charge, a concealed weapon charge, and/or battery on a law enforcement officer, all from just not going quietly when you might have just faced contempt of court if you had.

Good luck and let us know what you find out…

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is a sad tale that is so common nowadays. Let's hope the pig gets his soon enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
at no point did i resist, give them attitude or not be totally upfront with them about it all. these guys were making my life miserable from the get-go

i am very small, not by any means someone used to having run ins with the law and not about to go freaking out on cops, yes i was crying but i was scared to death by the whole thing.

Really i am a work at home mom, the classroom mom for my son's pre-K class, we go to soccer and t-ball games, and on camping trips with our son and nephews. I know that being a parent doesnt preclude someone from bad behavior but really at this point in my life i am one of those soccer moms people joke about.

Like i said before my husband works in private law enforcement has good friends on the force and is hoping to get on at the sheriff's office. I dont have a problem with authority or the gumption to mouth or resist cops when i am sitting on the curb in handcuffs.

These two policemen were also very young, i would guess between 21 and 25, 30 tops and that is stretching it, im guessing they were new on the force and wanting to make as many busts as they could for as much as they could.

I actually wanted them to snip the outside ball off of the nose piercing so it would have slid right out, it is not completely healed and still had a bit of swelling, which can take several months to totally subside even though it isnt really noticable to the naked eye. I really could not get it out on my own, i tried.
The cop knew it was going to not come out easily and hurt when he did it, he readily admitted this but said they had no choice as the snips were missing and it had to come out. i knew it had to be taken out, you cant have any jewelry, or even something like a hair tie in the jail, that is the policy, but spending more than 2 mionutes trying to locate the snips would have been a good thing, my nostril is now inflammed and infected and the pirced hole is torn and i wont be able to put a new piece of jewelry in it. This was a small single piercing on the side of my nostril that was so unobtrusive most people dont even notice it unless i point it out, so i would have chosen to put it back in to finish healing if i had that option even with court coming. somethihg like a septum bull ring or lip rings, or other large pieces i would see leaving out.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Only in Oklahoma can citizens be routinely abused like this. In Oklahoma, the fact that bond has been posted "proves" that you can afford an attorney, so no public defender will be provided. I think your tribe may help you though. Do you mind telling me which city this occurred in?

[edit on 4/6/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have to agree with Defcon5 here. Something sounds a bit odd, and I don't think you are giving the entire story. That's my opinion, and I may be wrong however.

But, it is against the law to drive without a license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration. You didn't have those, so you broke the law. Add to that the bench warrant, and I think you got off very lucky.

Did you take pics of your nose? You should if you want to fight this. I'd like to see pics of it as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I know a woman who had an experience just like what you described.

She let her dog off its leash at the park and got a ticket, which she claims she paid.

When she was stopped for a minor traffic violation, she was handcuffed and carted off the jail.

I know very little about her personal life, but I do know that she's a registered nurse and her having been arrested put her job in jeopardy, mainly because of the missed shift.

I've had a couple of similar situations in my life and I just shake them off and move on.

I have nothing to hide and in the end, I have faith that justice will prevail.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i am sorry you had this experience. clearly they had nothing to do in the first place because they pulled you over for a BS reason. i think once they talked with you, they realized that you were different so they wanted to make it hard on you.

the police want everyone to fall in line with the rest of the mindless drones roaming america and if that means pressuring the heck out of you and those around you, so be it. i know it sucks, but that's the way it is in america. i've had quite a few run ins myself. but luckily i learned at a young age (13) that the police are not here to serve and protect but they're hear to use, abuse, and lie to you until they get their desired result.

one day one will not stand for this kind of oppressive action. in the end, it's going to cost $$$. but those bogus charges would never have held up in court. cops have ruined countless people's lives and they love to meddle in others' affairs. they're just the street warriors for the judicial system to milk the public as they become a ginormous cash cow.

and as for judges...come on! they are lawyers afterall. it makes so much sense that they want you to pony up the cash and work the system the way their brethren see fit.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

as most jails and cops are covered by video tape to stop anyone from making accusations like the ones coming up here, and it is not going to help if they have you on video resisting.

i'm sure some cops also know the very areas that are not covered so they can slap around those who they see fit. this is true in big cities. have you seen the videos of Chicago cops? they don't mess around but they might mess you up.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What we have here in Oklahoma City is a Sheriff who "loses" video tapes of inmates being beaten. There have been several deaths. The D.A. we had who was just ousted would not bring charges on any police officer or jailer for any reason. Part of the reason he's gone, no doubt. Now I know that cops have to deal with the scum of society daily, but there's no excuse for 250 Lb. jailers to beat a 130 Lb man to death because he cursed them. There are many very good officers of the law.

Judges know that cops lie in court because they lied for them when they were prosecutors.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I feel bad for you and I know you have been through alot of stress due to this event. Like the above posters have said you need an attourney A.S.A.P. I too support the police because they put their lives on the line everyday to protect the civilian population and they are so woefully underpaid and overworked. But like in any profession, there are bad apples in every bunch. Get yourself a lawyer, sue the officers that arrested you without giving you your miranda rights and sue the city for good measure. Goodluck to you --- I am chanting over my medicine bag for your succesfful outcome from this most unfortunate incident.

P.S. Do the best job you can for DS and your family. Remember, you can overcome this incident and move on with your life. I know you can.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
dude call a lawyer any lawyer call the news channels too and tell them your story the police dont help anyone, they sure have let me down in a big way the only way to get anything donne is to make it public

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As far as I know and someone correct me if I'm wrong but cops aren't required to read you your rights if being arrested on a warrant.It's when you're arrested for suspicion of a crime that your rights are read.

If your husband is training to be a L.E.O. he should know this.

If you did indeed pay the fine for the dog at large charge then you should have kept the receipt.Showing this receipt would have your current charges dropped if that's what the warrant is for.I should know I had to go thru the same thing over a fine..I was arrested on a warrant for failure to pay a fine...Once I got to the jail I explained to the booking officer that I did pay the fine and that they need to check the records with the court clerk to see that.They did check but no proof was there that I paid it so bond was set for me and I was given a court date after making bond.

Once at court(first court date)I never even got to speak to the judge to show him the receipt from the court clerk and the money order receipt I had for paying the fine because they told me I needed to talk with the public defender..That freaked me out so I asked why I needed the P.D. for something as small as this...well come to find out I was also being charged with probation violation when I've never been on probation in my life. A new court date was set and my appointment with the P.D. was set for the same day as my court date...so much for being able to prepare a defense.

Second court date I show up at my scheduled time to see the P.D. and he doesn't understand why I'm there because he said my court folder had case closed stamped across it.So I showed him my receipts for paying the fine and he immediately took me to the court room to talk with the Prosecuting attorney...needless to say all charges against me were dropped and my bond was refunded to me minus court cost of course.They never could explain to me why I had the probation violation charge.

At that point I was very unhappy and let them know it.I spent two days in jail while my family came up with the money needed for bond..had to take off two days of work for court and then I'm not even told sorry because they screwed up their records?

My arrest wasn't anything like yours though...I was arrested in a neighboring county and taken to the county line where a Washington County deputy picked me up..while waiting for the W>C deputy the other cop let me have a smoke and sat there shootin the breeze with me while we waited.He was going to lunch when he pulled us over an said I shoulda told him I had the warrant and he wouldn't have bothered running my name..I told him that was all well and good but I had no clue I had the warrant

Hope it all works out for you.

Simon

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join