It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group finds toad the size of a small dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Group finds toad the size of a small dog

news.yahoo.com

An environmental group said Tuesday it had captured a "monster" toad the size of a small dog.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I know the article says this toad is huge, But does anyoneknow if there have been bigger?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
From the OP Source:

With a body the size of a football and weighing nearly 2 pounds, the toad is among the largest specimens ever captured in Australia, according to Frogwatch coordinator Graeme Sawyer.

Not big at all compared to fossil amphibians. Ancient amphibian life forms were several times this size.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Living in close proximity to a French Restaurant, we could here cries of "Sacre Bleu!" when this story came out.

A local news station had a special on the street interview. Here are some snippets:

"Huuugh, huuugh, those frog legs would bring in a very nice price in my restaurant!" Jaques Perrier - Restaurantier

"I will be dreaming of those tasty legs for days to come..." Pierre LaQuoix - Hungry man.

"Think I could buy that frog on the Ebay?" Jean-Pierre Deveraux - Entrepeneur

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The Rococo Toad is said to be the largest species, but not much bigger than the Cane Toad. As for the largest single toad ever found, I don't know.

Has anyone tried licking it yet?

Edit for Spelling

[edit on 3/27/2007 by WellSee]

top topics

join