It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you become a sucide bomber?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I was thinking about all the sucide bombings in Israel and Palestine and I saw a CNN video sometime ago where college students vowed that they would become sucide bombers if Israel doesn't get out of their land.

Would anyone here become a sucide bomber?

If yes, what situation would take your there?

And why?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
No, its much easier to get a rifle and start sniping Israeli's. Why kill yourself, when you can just pick off the Israeli's and still live. I guess that's the part I will never understand.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
I was thinking about all the sucide bombings in Israel and Palestine and I saw a CNN video sometime ago where college students vowed that they would become sucide bombers if Israel doesn't get out of their land.

Would anyone here become a sucide bomber?

If yes, what situation would take your there?

And why?

if they promised me a big fat paycheck and a steak when i was finished, for sure i'd do it. how could you lose?
i went to the class and the instructor said, 'i'm only gonna show you this once".
you'd have to be pretty frickin' oppressed to resort to suicide bombing. poor people.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Desparation. That's why you cannot comprehend the Palestinian plight. I am sure psychologists have a field day in analyzing the rationale as to why people kill themselves for a cause. And the answer is simple. DESPERATION. Having their land taken from them, their liberties, basic human rights. I dont condone it, but I can understand where they are coming from.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
U mean would I fight if my land was being occupied by a foreign invader?

You bet your ass I would!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

There is a differance between fighting and blowing up innocents civilians and yourself. If the Palestinians targeted military or # like that, they would get alot more legitimacy. Blowing yourself up, is not fighting, its giving up.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Me to!! But not using the methods the Palestinians do. I would kill civilians no doubt if they invaded my country but I couldn�t blow myself up. Also I couldn�t kill children I would have to be a sniper or something when china comes over from Mexico! I love that thread by the way #ing hilarious.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Dreamz: Agreed
However, the Palestinians do not have the resources to fight back in a fair manner. They do not have the militay experstise or funding that Israel does. This is because of the USA's unconditional support of Israel. It's as if the only option left for the Palestinians is killing themselves in order to achieve their freedom. I agree, the killing of innocent people is totally wrong. If anything, the suicide bombers should target military installations, government officials, and the like. Their cause would receive much more endorsement then, and hence, the illegal occupation by Israel may come to an end.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
NY, I feel for the Palestinian people, I really do. But their "leadership" has recieved large amounts of income from the US and international community before and for many years. They never used it for infrastructure. They couldve used it to build economies, hospitals, general service such as Garbage men, postal workers and such. Instead Arafat pocketed it and bought weapons with the rest. If I am on the Budget Committee in the US Congress, I am not sending any more money to Palestine until they prove they are serious about become part of the civilized world.

If Arafat wouldve spent that money he recieved properly, we wouldnt have all these terrorists because Hezbollah and Hamas wouldnt have to supply food, hospitals and other services, all the while spreading their hatred of the Jews.

The people of Palestine are not the problem, its the leaders who refuse to acknowledge what is best for their people.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Killing invading soldiers is honorable, but killing children?

If I was given the choice to die as a sucide bomber, I wouldn't no matter what they have done to my country.

There is always a way out. You just have to find it.

I agree with NewYorker, Palestinians are better off if they stop all the sucide bombings and try in other means.

Ofcourse it is going to take years, but in my mind it is better than killing children.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Why? Kill myself, PLUS a sh1tload of others around me... so then who wins? Apparently everyone loses then! Starting with myself. Why kill anyone, period? Self-Defense? Oh ok so you decide your life is more important than someone else's... or your country's.... or your family's.. just as your potential killer thinks HIS life is more important. How about, life is not important PERIOD? It's very brief, and you have a HUGE case of amnesia anyway (you have no idea why you are here or where you came from or ANYTHING!). So why just senselessly go invading/attacking/ anyway when you can spend your time LEARNING and figuring out why you're here... so you can LEARN your lessons and move on as a wiser person... or would you rather go down as a war hero who ignorantly followed orders of an elite psychopath who is power/money-hungry and just uses the sheeple for his own purposes... Ah it's always your choice, but maybe you should use your HEAD before making a choice.. it's quite obvious really...

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Killing invading soldiers is honorable, but killing children?

If I was given the choice to die as a sucide bomber, I wouldn't no matter what they have done to my country.

There is always a way out. You just have to find it.

I agree with NewYorker, Palestinians are better off if they stop all the sucide bombings and try in other means.

Ofcourse it is going to take years, but in my mind it is better than killing children.

Notice I said "fight". Never did I mention Killing children. If I were the palestinians I would only go after government and Military targets and try to avoid any innocent civilian deaths.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Dreamz: I agree with you 100%. However, do not hold the Palestinian people hostage for the actions of their leader. It's beyond their control to over throw him or bring about a policy change. The Palestinians are a largely uneducated people, ignorant to the point of not knowing any better. Instead of funding money to Israel to build more tanks to displace more innocent Palestinians people, the congress should allot more funding toward educating and enlightning the surpressed Palestinians, no?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Why? Kill myself, PLUS a sh1tload of others around me... so then who wins? Apparently everyone loses then! Starting with myself. Why kill anyone, period? Self-Defense? Oh ok so you decide your life is more important than someone else's... or your country's.... or your family's.. just as your potential killer thinks HIS life is more important. How about, life is not important PERIOD? It's very brief, and you have a HUGE case of amnesia anyway (you have no idea why you are here or where you came from or ANYTHING!). So why just senselessly go invading/attacking/ anyway when you can spend your time LEARNING and figuring out why you're here... so you can LEARN your lessons and move on as a wiser person... or would you rather go down as a war hero who ignorantly followed orders of an elite psychopath who is power/money-hungry and just uses the sheeple for his own purposes... Ah it's always your choice, but maybe you should use your HEAD before making a choice.. it's quite obvious really...

Exactly. Great post.

If someone tries to kill you, doesn't that mean that he thinks his life is better than yours?

Here is a question to all people who love their nation? What is national feeling? When do we get it? Why kill and die for it?

If there were no nations, most of all the killing would be eliminated. Don't you agree?

Besides killing a dozen doesn't mean you win, only means you have brought your nation's name down more.

Many sucide bombers in Palestine kill only civilians, most of their targets are buses or markets. How does that increase your chances of victory.

If I was on the Israel's side, I would hate Palestine more and try not to leave. Wouldn't you?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Israel belongs to the jews. The arab and their old empire took it from the romans who then took it off the jews.

The owner of the house has came back to reclaim it, but the theif believes it is his.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I recall seeing on television, Two jewish soldiers locked up in a arab police station and about 200 hundred arabs outside in rage. Then one jewish soilder was thrown from a window about 10 meters up and the crowd just stomped on him till the guy died.

I said to my self those people are just SAVAGES. The world has no pity for people like that.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Also rememeber they celebrated the sept 11 terrorism attacks.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
"If there were no nations, most of all the killing would be eliminated. Don't you agree?"

I totally agree. So many problems in the world would be solved if there weren't any countries or governments.

There would be no fighting over borders because there wouldn't be any.

Governments wouldn't start wars over petty stuff. I think alot of the worlds problems would be solved.

Villiayth

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Villiayth
"If there were no nations, most of all the killing would be eliminated. Don't you agree?"

I totally agree. So many problems in the world would be solved if there weren't any countries or governments.

There would be no fighting over borders because there wouldn't be any.

Governments wouldn't start wars over petty stuff. I think alot of the worlds problems would be solved.

Villiayth

No then you would have warlords trying to overtake the village next door because the village leader slept with another village leaders daughter. Our world is screwed up and war will almost always be inevitable between someone or another. It just happend to be us recently, and quite often.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The owner of the house has came back to reclaim it, but the theif believes it is his.

exactly. the 'palestinians' have no claim to the jews rightful country, and personally im suprised the israelies have been this gentle in dealing with them. when a suicide bomber blows himself to hell (yea, guess what, thats where youre going!) the international 'community' says not a word.

israel retaliates for their people being blown apart over a dispute for land that is THEIRS, and its an outrage. DEAR GOD, THEY KILLED CIVILIANS. HOW HEAVY HANDED. WHAT HORROR.

well #, i think those rotten kan-aye-dians stole my 'rightful land'. let me go blow myself to hell and see if anyone sympathises with me over it... you think they will? i dont. and i refuse to sympathise with these mislead fools in the same manner.

edit:
humans cannot live without conflict. its part of our everyday lives, and people define themselves as such. live with it, or die. either way, im not losing any sweat off my ass...

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by forsakenwayfarer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join