It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihadi Instructions For Fostering Anti-War Sentament In US By Using Forums

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just read through an article here with step by step instructions for how to increase anti-war sentiment in the US using discussion boards and various blogs. Some suggestions included saying you're American and making up stories about soldiers you know personally.

"Raiding American Forums is Among the Most Important Means of Obtaining Victory in the Fierce Media War… and of Influencing the Views of the Weak-Minded American"

"There is no doubt, my brothers, that raiding American forums is among the most important means of obtaining victory in the fierce media war... and of influencing the views of the weak-minded American who pays his taxes so they will go to the infidel American army. This American is an idiot and does not [even] know where Iraq is... [It is therefore] mandatory for every electronic mujahid [to engage in this raiding]."

"It is better that you raid non-political forums such as music forums and trivia forums... which American people... favor... Define your target[ed forum]... and get to know it well... Post your contribution and do not get into... futile arguments..."

Original story from here, but is in Arabic and requires registration.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wow! You mean to tell me that all the bad things i've read about Republicans and the War, was made up by Jihadists? OMG! I've been a fool to mistrust the Government!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
Wow! You mean to tell me that all the bad things i've read about Republicans and the War, was made up by Jihadists? OMG! I've been a fool to mistrust the Government!

Somewhat yes... I can think of at least 2 on this board that fit the description of pure propagandist.. one hasn't been on in a while though and the other pops in randomly spews BS and never replies.. yet people eat it up..

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
hrm... perhaps I didn't lay the sarcasm on thick enough.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The sarcasm came through loud and clear. The article quoted was from Mohajroon, though, not WhiteHouse.gov or something.

Did I bring this to light because I think everything the government tells us is completely accurate? No, of course not. However, there is a concerted effort to influence American and Western opinion through such efforts. Sadly, we seem to so want to vilify ourselves that when evidence of such operations is presented, so many immediately dismiss it or try to turn it around.

And for the record, it's not just the Republicans Jihadis hate -- it's Americans. Both sides of the isle. Germany made the mistake of believing that as long as they appeased Islam they'd be fine before the train bombing event took place. Many Germans since have woken up to the fact that it's not injustice as we understand it that has the middle east so upset -- it's our entire way of life they want to change. This is why, if you look for it, you'll find many stories of Muslims trying to incorporate Shari'a law into western nations.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

This is why, if you look for it, you'll find many stories of Muslims trying to incorporate Shari'a law into western nations.

I submit that the Right-Wing Christian groups have that covered.

I don't doubt your story. My opinion is that they need little help, if any, in destroying the credibility of this Government. Our Government does a good job of that all on it's own. There is no Left or Right anymore, there is only Right and Wrong and this Government has been consistently WRONG.

We could argue forever on that point but, lets just agree to disagree.

Fine. Jihadists (whomever these nebulous enemies are) are spreading propaganda on American websites. How does this startling revelation add, in any significant way, the growing dissatisfaction and disgust with the policies of the current administration? I'd say next to none.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
See, even when you tell the idiots what they have been doing, aiding the enemy, they still think its a "republican" ploy.

listen up all you antis who are trying to appease the radical muslims, it isnt working. They view you as a weak minded infidel!!! You have done nothing but make yourselves appear weak and stupid. :shk:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
You have done nothing but make yourselves appear weak and stupid. :shk:

I must disagree with this statement.

They have also applied the same pressure they've learned in our American classrooms to subvert the good sense of Americans who don't know any better.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Jefferson wrote from experience. He and others rebelled against THEIR OWN Government. There was no American government in 1775. It was the British Colonies. The Constitution was written, in large part, to protect the Citizens of this country against THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT.

If Americans don't understand quickly, that this government has been taken over by Criminals, the Muslims will be the least of our worries.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Now here's a real mind twister for you. Are we sure that it's really jihadists that are making this stuff up? Or is it select individuals from the Powers That Be posting this stuff to try and pit people against each other, in the hopes that it will drive us to all abandon the last bastion of freedom that we have, the internet?

The only reason that this medium is so free is the relative anonymity that it provides the basic user when posting comments to forum threads such as these. If the Powers That Be take that away from us, what will we have left to voice our concerns about anything? I fear that we're being stifled intentionally, so that an elitist regime can take total control over the population, leaving us as the peons in their ever-growing peasant class.

For Freedom of Speech,
TheBorg

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There are ACTUAL people in the world who want the destruction of America.
Not everything is a government ploy.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You would think that we would be smart enough to not allow our enemies to influence our opinions and policies, especially after the success of North Vietnam and characters like Hanoi Jane. But here we are again, 30-some years later, letting our enemies undermine our support for the very war that aims to defeat them.

bin Laden was right when he said that the Americans cannot tolerate casualties, a lesson learned when we ran out of Somalia with our tails between our legs. It's extremely disheartening when I see American citizens spewing the same propaganda and defeatist rhetoric that bin Laden and others pray daily for them to do.

Hopefully our government and our military will do what is right and get the job done without listening to opinion polls here at home and abroad.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Hopefully our government and our military will do what is right and get the job done .

The sad thing is that the government has really never specified what is "right" and what the "job" to be done is.

Is it killem all and let God sort em out?

Is it end the civil war?

Is it capture ben lauden?

The "job" seems to be constantly changing depending upon which way
the political wind is blowing and the ever changing military leadership.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Actually, I think our military is well-aware of their mission on the ground. In any war or military operation, as time goes on and events develop the mission and the objectives will sometimes change. Obviously, some of our goals will not change and have remained the same since day one. Those include capturing or killing members of al Qaida and remnants of the Saddam regime, developing and protecting a representative government, and rebuilding and training a disassembled and defeated Iraqi military.

As we are now faced with the threat of a civil war, it will be our job to defeat those whose goal it is to incite such a thing. As the terrorists and insurgents have mostly switched from targeting US forces to targeting innocent Iraqi civilians, we must defeat those threats and protect those civilians. Since it has become apparant that weapons, training and funding of the insurgency is being imported from neighbors such as Iran and Syria, we must do our best to install a military presense on the borders of those nations.

Those are just some of important parts of the "job" to be done by our military and government officials in Iraq. But more importantly, we must do our best to breed an Iraqi military, government and infrastructure that is capable of taking over all of the above-listed "jobs" in a reasonable time span so that our brave fighting men and women can return home to their families.

I, for one, have always been comfortable and understanding of our military's mission in Iraq, despite my previous defiance to the idea of our troops serving as nation builders. But times, they are a changing! And while there may still be some confusion over our original reasons for toppling the Saddam regime, I feel that the mission itself has always been well-defined. And so long as our military officers on the ground are able to fight this battle in a way that they see fit, rather than in a way that career politicians and clueless political activist citizens in the US see fit, then I have all the confidence in the world that they will achieve this mission. The American people need to understand that war isn't pretty. And this new war against this new enemy who hides in crowds, doesn't wear a uniform, targets innocent civilians and doesn't adhere to any of the established laws of war, is going to be long and hard. Finding and destroying these enemies of liberty is not a simple task. So long as civilians continue to shelter them or allow them to live amongst them without reporting their location, then we will continue to see civilian casualties result from coalition and Iraqi operations. No one wants to see innocent men, women and children die. No one wants to see American troops die. But we must not allow those things, in their current totals, to weaken our resolve and our support for the troops and their mission. Losing over 3,000 troops is a terrible price to pay... but its a price that we paid on single afternoons in the Pacific during WWII, or during a single battle of our Civil War. I just ask the American people, when forming their opinions on this conflict, to put things into perspective. We can do for Iraq and Afghanistan what our brave men and women did for Japan and Germany in the aftermath of WWII.

And of course capturing or killing Usama bin Laden is also high on our list of objectives, or at least it should be. But killing bin Laden won't be the end-all, be-all of this war. If our relative safety at home over the past 5+ years is any indication, then bin Laden has either already been killed or has been deemed completely impotent by our efforts. Capturing or killing him would be a huge propaganda victory for us, but it could also be a huge propaganda victory for al Qaida if we turn him into a martyr. As much as I have a thirst for revenge over the 9/11 attacks, and all the other al Qaida attacks over the years against ourselves and our allies, I may just well prefer a weak and ineffective bin Laden over a martyred bin Laden.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Rasputin 13, you did an admirable job in expressing the current "official"
version of the war in Iraq. I just don't happen to believe it.

To me it's not about lofty spreading of democracy but about oil and corporate profits at the expense of our fine people in the military.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Rasputin 13, you did an admirable job in expressing the current "official"
version of the war in Iraq. I just don't happen to believe it.

To me it's not about lofty spreading of democracy but about oil and corporate profits at the expense of our fine people in the military.

I think the large majority of ATS members would agree with you. Perhaps even the majority of Americans. But whatever our real motives are, the mission and the job still remain the same. All of the goals which I have mentioned are noble goals regardless of the motive. Does it really matter that a select few instigated the decision to go to war simply for oil profits, so long as the Iraqi people and eventually the greater Middle East are better off for it?

I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with you. Perhaps I'm playing devil's advocate. But if a democratic, independent and peaceful Iraq is the by-product of a few rich people getting even richer, then isn't it ultimately worth it? And if you are correct about our true motives then I would say it's a good thing that Iraq has the amount of oil it does, or else they'd be in even worse shape and we would have never intervened.

Of course this all assumes that we do succeed in Iraq and that it does become a better place for its citizens and its neighbors. And I believe in the long run that it will. But one of the things that does contradict your oil theory is the fact that some of the biggest oil contracts to be awarded so far have gone to countries like China and India. Now, is that something we did intentionally to attempt to dispell the kind of thinking that folks like yourself have? Or are we making money no matter which country or which company these contracts end up going to? Perhaps American and other coalition companies who have the boots on the ground realize the true nature of things and think the investment is far too risky. Maybe in the end we are really sticking it to the Chinese, Indians, etc. who are forced to spend a lot of money on risky ventures like Iraqi oil in order to keep up with their growing domestic demand.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13 Maybe in the end we are really sticking it to the Chinese, Indians, etc. who are forced to spend a lot of money on risky ventures like Iraqi oil in order to keep up with their growing domestic demand.

Any thoughts?

Actually, we are only sticking it to the American Taxpayer and the people that want Iraq for Iraqi's.

Let the Iraqi's determine what kind of country they want to live in. If it is anarchy an chaos, so be it. I don't care about them anymore. I just care about my friends and relatives currently serving in that God forsaken country. Bring them Home!!

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Rasputin13 Maybe in the end we are really sticking it to the Chinese, Indians, etc. who are forced to spend a lot of money on risky ventures like Iraqi oil in order to keep up with their growing domestic demand.

Any thoughts?

Actually, we are only sticking it to the American Taxpayer and the people that want Iraq for Iraqi's.

Let the Iraqi's determine what kind of country they want to live in. If it is anarchy an chaos, so be it. I don't care about them anymore. I just care about my friends and relatives currently serving in that God forsaken country. Bring them Home!!

news.yahoo.com...

Thankfully the American government didn't share your opinion with regards to post-war Germany, Japan, England, etc. The world would be a much different place today if that were the case.

I think if the Iraqi's are truly to have self-determination then we need to do everything we can to leave them with an Iraqi military that is capable of protecting their choice from enemies abroad and within.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by Smack

Somewhat yes... I can think of at least 2 on this board that fit the description of pure propagandist.. one hasn't been on in a while though and the other pops in randomly spews BS and never replies.. yet people eat it up..

I can think of more than two who fit this description but that's not going to add to this discussion...My thoughts are that people vent their frustrations out on this board and are provolked to do so by anti-government comments made by some whether they are Jihadists or not, I do not know but it is certainly possible if not probable. Hats off to Jake for a thought provolking post on this subject. I agree with the comment made that our government has been taken over by criminals who actually seem to be working against our best interest here in the U.S. handing over our sovereignty to the rogue institution of the U.N. full of closet communist's who cant wait to see the fall of this great nation. Maybe the only reason the powers that be see fit to leave the internet alone for now, is that all this venting going on relieves the pressure building among so many americans who see that things decaying within their beloved country, pressure that in earlier times would have been spent in action to intervene in government as to bring about change. Now we just sit and talk a good game. what a shame.................

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me. There are a lot of interesting on here, but also a lot of BS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join