It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the reasons for the power downs before the 9/11 attacks?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

Start adding bro, cause right now you are selectively picking stuff you think you can de-bunk cause of what some government hack on a web site said...

No, its me picking things that I dont have to spend all night typing in language you can understand.

And once again Swamp takes his eyes off the ball and goes for the player. Nice job Swamp, you pretty much destroyed what little credibility you had left with that ignorant post.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Try to stick to the topic, guys. I didn't make this thread to bash other posters.

Only to get answers for another strange event that seems to fit well with the explosives theory.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Errrr... since when do you need to cut the power to wire up explosive charges??? Primers are triggered from low voltage DC, NOTHING to do with mains AC. The 'explosive' energy is stored in the primary charge as potential chemical energy.

True, but cutting the power would disable the security systems, Einstein...

I think it would be great if people would stop coming in here and posting their theories and ideas as facts...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I guess this is yet another one of the thosoe "strange coincidences"!!!!! It seems like a lot of coincidences happened that day!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If no one talks you can't find out the details of any wiring.

You got to get the names and ask those workers.

The plant of most of the devices, if this is the case, must have been
done over time.

The power down was just the final set up.

If any one knows about the wiring tell us about it.

[edit on 3/19/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That's a good question. I can't imagine needing to cut power for half the building unless there was major electrical work being done. On a smaller scale like a regular household you can turn off different circuits in the house by turning off the breaker to each one. Only in the case where you need to replace the whole electrical breaker box or run a new entrance cable would you need to kill the power to the whole house. I’m sure it isn’t much different even with a building as big as the WTC. It would have to be something like replacing a transformer or something. That is a major job, and somebody should be able to give a reason for it and show what work was being done. If they can't, then that should raise some flags.

Definitely worth looking into IMHO.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOcean
[...] cutting the power would disable the security systems

That could potentially be one of the reasons for the power downs. The video mentions that the security cameras could not record what the engineers looked like, because they were all powered down.

The second reason, of course, is to remove any employees, giving the engineers a work area all their own, without anyone to check on them.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think another important question to ask about the powerdowns is why does only one guy remember it?

How did a powerdown that would have effected thousands of people, and half the companies in one tower only get remembered by one guy?

Alos, let's remember that Forbes claims that only half of one tower was powered down. How did they get explosives in the building without a powerdown?

[edit on 19-3-2007 by LeftBehind]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If you watch the video, you will see that he wasn't only him that knew. The video also gives account to other witnesses, and one of the posters here gives Scott Forbes's account as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
I think another important question to ask about the powerdowns is why does only one guy remember it?

That's a good point. There should be more than one person that would know about it. Likewise if it didn't happen, there should be people that can say that as well. I would think there would be a maintenance log book, but it could have been destroyed. If an outside contractor did the work, they would have records.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
If you watch the video, you will see that he wasn't only him that knew.

I couldnt get past the first minute, especially after they all laughed at a controlled demolition joke.

But I have seen others like it, however most people are just parroting the claims of Scott Forbes. If you have another witness, please let me see a link to what they say, as I have never heard of someone else corroborating it.

In fact there are pro demolition sites that don't believe his story.

911review.com...

After being posted on scores of websites for over a year, this story has failed to elicit any corroborating reports, even about the identity of 'Scott Forbes'. Aside from the fact that the sourcing of the story doesn't meet the most basic journalistic standards, its content is thoroughly implausible.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

But I have seen others like it, however most people are just parroting the claims of Scott Forbes. If you have another witness, please let me see a link to what they say, as I have never heard of someone else corroborating it.

Try watching the rest and you will see there is another witnesses other than just Scott Forbes.

The video lists Ben Fountain as a witness as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Do we have to go over TV history to find that the power down
was announced on local NYC TV news.

It might even be in some History Channel tales unless the government
sensors take it out.

The power down was most certainly common knowledge among TV
watching New Yorkers and Trade Center workers.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I see. Well I'm not going to waste 8 minutes listening to hearsay.

Especially if they use Ben Fountain to back this up, as all he ever said was that they had lots of evacuation drills before 9-11. Nothing to do with a powerdown.

I'm sure the video shows people parroting Forbes claims, however if they don't give any sources maybe you shouldn't take what they say at face value.

They seem less than trustworthy if they are trying to twist Ben Fountain's quote into corroboration of the power down.

What Ben actually said.

screwloosechange.blogspot.com...

Ben Fountain, 42, a financial analyst with Fireman's Fund, was coming out of the Chambers Street Station, headed for his office on the 47th floor of the south tower. "How could they let this happen? They knew this building was a target. Over the past few weeks we'd been evacuated a number of times, which is unusual. I think they had an inkling something was going on." [People]

So, if there are others who can corroborate Forbes story, I would appreciate a link, since now your video has two strikes against it, one for laughing about a supposed mass murder plot, and two for lying about Ben Fountain's testimony.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, Tesla, if it was "common knowledge", perhaps you can find someone who can back up the Forbes story.

All of this is ultimately irrelevant anyway.

1. It takes much longer than 72 hours to set up a building of that size for demolition.

2. There was no powerdown of the other tower, so how did they plant bombs there?

Does anyone have a picture of the towers from that weekend at night. That wouldv'e been quite the site, with half of one tower blacked out.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So, if there are others who can corroborate Forbes story, I would appreciate a link, since now your video has two strikes against it, one for laughing about a supposed mass murder plot, and two for lying about Ben Fountain's testimony.

Ben Fountain confirmed the evacuations, while Forbes gave the reasoning for it. Why will you doubt two witnesses to the event?

I didn't lie about Ben Fountains testimony. It sounds as if you don't want to hear anything other than your theory, as you yourself didn't even want to watch more than a minute of the video.

They laughed because of Dan Rather's remark, as he too noticed the relation of the building's "free fall" to that of one that is being deconstructed.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Ben Fountain confirmed the evacuations, while Forbes gave the reasoning for it. Why will you doubt two witnesses to the event?

I didn't lie about Ben Fountains testimony. It sounds as if you don't want to hear anything other than your theory, as you yourself didn't even want to watch more than a minute of the video.

They laughed because of Dan Rather's remark, as he too noticed the relation of the building's "free fall" to that of one that is being deconstructed.

The two testimony's contradict each other. One guy says there was an unusual amount of evacuations, the other said there weren't.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I think you are reading Ben's testimony wrong DJ.

Ben Fountain is saying that around that time there were an unusual amount of evacuations, he does not say that he was evacuated for a powerdown.

Frankly I don't see the connection, especially since, as snoopy pointed out, Forbes and Fountains testimony are at odds, not corroborating.

Please, if you have a quote or a statement from Ben, or anyone who was there, that even mentions a 72 hour powerdown I would be glad to see it.

I have heard these claims many times, I am not dismissing this out of hand, I am still skeptical due to the amount of years this has been around and the lack of corroboration.

If you have another witness, it would be news to me.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by LeftBehind]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotator
Just a wild guess, the work being done by the suspicious workers required a power down. Happens from time to time in big buildings.

Yes, both wiring a building for CD and replacing electrical lines require power downs, including other things. He is asking what.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join