It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Largest Underwater Cave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

World Largest Underwater Cave

news.yahoo.com

A pair of cave divers said Monday they have found subterranean passages in Mexico's Yucatan peninsula that constitute the world's longest underwater cave system.
British cave diver Steve Bogaerts said he and Robbie Schmittner, of Germany, found flooded underground passages connecting two previously known cave systems — a discovery that shows how interconnected and vulnerable the Yucatan's fabled underground water system is.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This shows underwater and underground areas can be hidden form human detection for long periods of time. Remarkable

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
How is this new news? They have been talking about these underwater caves for years now...

Look no further than here for evidence of the length of time that these caves have been known about. I'm still amazed at the sudden shock of the discovery, seeing as we've known about them for so long.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Unfortuneate as it may be statistics do change making information "new" and "old". New information is considered "news", old information is just information. While I am in agreement that this is not a "new" concept by any stretch of the imagination. The fact that it is considered to be the largest Cave system in the world certainly is.

[edit on 17-3-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

[edit on 17-3-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I believe that the new news is that these divers discovered a tunnel linking the two known caves making it technically one large cave system. That is why the water system is now vulnerable because any affect to one affects both.

top topics

join