It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal expirence working at the Stanley Hotel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
PSP here you go...

Here is a nice visual tour of the Stanley hotel, and the concert hall.

Here is an excerpt from TAPS where they aparently catch an EVP they caught on tape.

Here is the Taps Team messing arround on the 4th Floor The hotel because it's so dry makes it real easy to build up static electricity.

PSP

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hey dude thanks for the fast reply!
Im just gonna check those vid's right now!

Edit after seeing the vids:
Well im pretty inpressed about the second movie, you clearly hear YES but it proberly could be a movement that maked a noise, but i think there must be something there!

Im gonna be more often on ATS, one year ago i get kicked with a weird reason from ats, but im ok now.

If you have anymore movies you need to post them

[edit on 18-3-2007 by PSP]

PSP

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Dude i found some new stuff on this hotel your talking about!
www.youtube.com...
Go to 2:50
And there you see the text: Do you see the face of someone looking down from the window at the Stanley Hotel.

Is that a place in that hotel your talking about men?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey there,Whatuknow,great video tour of the Hotel!
After looking at that ,I am just dying to go there.well ,dying may be a poor choice of words but damn I'm pumped now .I think I may spend my whole vacation over there!That old Hotel looks gorgeous and what a great view of the surrounding area.The night shot does look a bit spooky but still not enough to keep me away.I can't wait to get there!

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's a great place to visit. I highly recomend that you check it out. If you want to go I can tell you what restaraunts to go to and get something to eat. And when to go to the national park to check that out. Estes is a wonderfull place.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ok this is new, My sister has a photo from when she stayed at the stanley a few years ago. I was able to scan it and I have a good shot of a mist behind the hotel.

It was a rather warm night (summer) and nither of us were smoking at the time. However we caught this on film when there was nothing that we saw with the naked eye.

Just cause it's a cool pic of a moth and to show that there was nothing wrong with the camera.

Sorry for digging up an old thread of mine but this is new stuff that I just got ahold of.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hi, I just just wondering if i could email you some questions about your experience working at the hotel because i am doing a research project on it, and i need to interview someone, and you seem like a person that would know a lot about the paranormal activities going on in the hotel.
Thank you

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Very interested in hearing the stories about the Stanley Hotel. I've been wanting to go there for awhile now because of the ghosts, and hearing stories like ones i read here makes me wanna visit the Stanley Hotel even more.
Great Stuff!!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Thanks for starting this thread... I can't wait to read all of your stories! Staying at the Stanley is on my bucket list.
But seriously though, I hope to do it soon. S&F from me!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Yea thats pretty typical, so much so that most staff there that had been there for a while wouldnt even flinch at most of that. we had gotten a new general manager at the hotel and as he was touring the property he went to the fourth floor and every door on the floor opened up and then slammed shut at the same time. I didnt see that one personaly but that was cooberated by a couple of managers that were with him that day.

Doors would open and close all the time, chairs would move on their own, these things would happen often. Seing things out of the corner of your eyes there is pretty normal. Not many people could deal with the night shift, especialy because they would be completely alone.

Just about everything that the ghost hunters saw and expirenced at the hotel I think at one time or annother happened to me and other staff. Except the little girls voice in the tunnel I never heard any voice in the tunnel, although I wasnt down there too often. So it could be.

The fourth floor is especialy haunted. It's pretty creepy up there sometimes. I would get complaints about the little girl on the 4th floor often. As far as the footsteps, it could have been the little girl but I always atributed it to the raccoons that hung out at the hotel. they would always get in and some nights I would spend hours catching them and taking them outside the hotel to let go.

Why do you think this place is so haunted, and what makes a place like this or any place for that matter haunted?

I've never understood why certain places are , but I do believe in these things happening..

there are just too many stories from all over the world from different generations of people to all have been a hoax or for all to be lying.

not everybody enjoys lying and deceiving people......

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Here's what I believe, now this isn't concrete facts, it's just a belief.

Sometimes places like the Stanley become haunted due to strong memories of that place for a person.

The Stanley is such a beautiful hotel in such a picturesque part of the world it's no wonder that some would have an attraction to the place and leave behind a mnemonic footprint.

Some people haunt a specific place due to a traumatic event. This isn't the case for those at the Stanley with the exception of the little girl and perhaps a maid.

It was told often that in room 313 it was haunted by a maid that worked at the hotel that got involved with a married man. Well as Estes is a tourist town and people come and go after a season, he left her. So distraught she became that apparently she hung herself in that particular room.

I honestly don't know if the story is true or not, but more than a few times guests have been asked to leave in none to polite a manner in that room. I have had guests that ran down the stairs, throw the keys at the front desk and take off out the front door.

Next to the main hotel is a smaller building called the Manor house. One night in late winter one of the afternoon Guest Service Agents put a lady up all alone in the manor house for the night. About 2:30 3:00 am I get a call from her to ask the guest next door to please quiet down as they were apparently having a party. I informed her that she was alone in the building and no one else was staying in there.

She had me relocate her to the main hotel right away and when I met up with her clenched my arm in a death grip and would not let go until I got all of her belongings to her new room.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Very cool! I always loved ghost stories and esp ones from well known place like this.

I would be so curious to go on the fourth floor though.
I love a good scare.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just wondering how much cost a night in there?
edit on 22-10-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Depends on the date and what kind of room you want.

stanleyhotel1-px.trvlclick.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I think about 3-4 am is probably the best time to go out ghost hunting at the Stanley.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your stories. Glad this thread was pulled out of the ATS gem mines.

There's so much in the ATS archieves I'm totally perplexed when people complain about the content on ATS. I feel these people just keep refreshing 'recent post' and not searching the depths of the site.

The Ghost Adventures episode last week was very cool.
With all the stories from employees like yourself, Stephen Kings experiences, and the rich history of The Stanley this is definately on my list of places to visit!

Keep posting & we'll keep reading!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I think about 3-4 am is probably the best time to go out ghost hunting at the Stanley.

I would so go there! I am looking at going there for a weekend staying there on a Friday night. I wouldn't care. It would creep me out and I would love it. Some people like to sky dive for a thrill, I love a good old scare.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
That must have been an interesting place to work. It sounds like a lot of places I've worked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join