It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprising Activity at Yellowstone Supervolcano

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1

I seriously doubt it. The area that would need to be hit is WELL under the surface.

Plus, if you can get a nuke, it would be alot more effective to just blow it up in the middle of New York, in my opinion.

HARRP would prob do it nicely. Still thinking tsunami could of been HARRP

[edit on 19/3/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
IMO that sort of thing is one thing we can't blame HAARP on. However it could be possible if it were a small thing changed that sets off a cascade of events that culminates in a super eruption or tsunami.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
THe last time that I visited the park, the potential for a super volcano erupting was definitely on my mind.

This volcano has the potential for an eruption that would stagger the imagination.

My St. Helens was apparently a small burp by volcano standards whereas this would be a full fledged mind boggling event.

from what i have seem, St. Helens wasn't a "burp", its just fell to pieces flattening everything in its path. lots of ash being exploded up as the north face caved in, which eventually ended up some 10 or something miles away.

Yellow stone i think would be pretty big, i just wonder if it will be in this life time...
im sure i heard something on it where it will block out the sun for a year or more and cause global temperature decline, which given our current situation with global warming would be a good thing, apart from the large death brought on by the volcano it self.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It is speculated that if yellowstone erupts fully, it will be very devastating to the human race. The ash will initially stop most of the transportation system and the drop in sunlight will negatively impact the growing seasons. Famine will be worldwide.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Last night I got back from vacation. I spent 3 days at Yellowstone. The place is incredible but I did notice some things.

I saw a number of dead trees that were obviously killed by something other than fire.

I noticed quite a few closed trails and roads.

A couple of times on the east side of the park I saw steam/gas venting through cracks in the street. Nothing major. But it seemed new.

I saw no large animals on the east side of the park while seeing plenty on the west side.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
I saw a number of dead trees that were obviously killed by something other than fire.

I noticed quite a few closed trails and roads.

A couple of times on the east side of the park I saw steam/gas venting through cracks in the street. Nothing major. But it seemed new.

I saw no large animals on the east side of the park while seeing plenty on the west side.

Did you ask any of the park rangers or whatever they are called about it?

Dead trees, I think are killed by the CO2 coming up from underground or the heat from the ground, but I'm no expert on that. I think I saw somewhere that the paths were closed due to unusual thermal activity, but we need to remember that the signs are that Yellowstone does it all the time.

When you say the east side, do you mean near the lake?

This is the most useful map I know of, it shows recent quakes too, seems to have been a small group near the lake actually.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Apex... I didn't ask a ranger about it. They are basically going to tell you that there is nothing to see and move along. There is no way of knowing whether there is really nothing to see or whether they are trying to hide something. I drove the loop all the way around the park. Long drive. That is how I noticed the lack of animal life roaming around the east side. The most excitement I got on the east side was a road runner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join