It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rail Gun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Does anyone know about the rail gun. It is a weapon that uses a EM feild to fire a metal object at a target. At Area 51, they made one that can fire very large metal bombs at a far away target.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobody
At Area 51, they made one that can fire very large metal bombs at a far away target.

got a link?
as far as i know area 51 is for LO technology triangle aircraft

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
nonono you have it all wrong nobody, I rail gun is simple and you dont need to have that area 51 paranoia for this simple weapon design. They test these things at Los Alamos and will be in service by 2012. What it is is you place basicly a rail made of a heavy metal like depleted uranium. That rail is stored in this container like a bullet in the shell. The EM field which can be made to repel objects much the same way a Maglev Train is propelled. So it shoots out at a much MUCH higher velocity then artillery because lets face it, that tech is very very old. The sheer velocity of the rail its self is what causes the damage like a "giant metal bomb" when it fact you just get hit by a spike traveling at hypersonic velocity.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Area 51 is not a weapons testing range....nearby Nellis is more likely....

The above answer is basically correct, except that most of the modern designs for rail guns are firing out metal flechettes versus spikes.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Does anyone know about the rail gun. It is a weapon that uses a EM feild to fire a metal object at a target. At Area 51, they made one that can fire very large metal bombs at a far away target.

You state that as if it's a known fact...Where did you get this information? And by very large metal bombs, do you mean cannonballs?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When Reagens missle defence (star wars) was in the news rail guns were looked at as a possible terminal defence weapon. Some basic info can be found at,

www.rit.edu...

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Jeez, I wish these guys would give a link or at the very least a further explanation to substantiate their claim -
A51/Groom Lake most probably does not handle weapons testing such as is mentioned here... White Sands, maybe China Lake, Eglin, and other places are known for this sort of thing...

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by intelgurl]

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Rail guns are fairly old tech; they've been around for awhile. Remember the old urban legend about the chicken gun that tested the impact of birds on cockpits?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rail Gun= Gauss Gun= Gauss Rifle

This stuff has been covered here

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Let me remind you that I work for Area 51. I am one of the leading researchers. I fired the Rail Gun in Chamber 9, it is underground so don't bother trying to find it. And there is NO Area 51 main web page with all of our secrets on it.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Can I just remind people to take claims of secret knowledge - such as Nobody's outragous claim above - with skepticism... as if a leading researcher would bother to post here, some dumb teenager is stringing you all along...

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
nice avatar buny it suits you well ,
ps .watch your back ,cause i am

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Let me remind you that I work for Area 51. I am one of the leading researchers. I fired the Rail Gun in Chamber 9, it is underground so don't bother trying to find it. And there is NO Area 51 main web page with all of our secrets on it.

lmao...a rail gun built at area 51 that fires a very large metal bomb...LOL! Rail guns are not new or anything, they're not top secret, and they wouldn't be working on one at area 51
Supposedly they are used for shooting down satellites and such...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
DOD wants Area 51 to make it better, to make faster and cheaper. To make it more powerful and have to ability to fire an entire tank back at the enemy.

How else will I know about Area 51's projects if I am not one of the many people who work there? We are allowed to tell about everything but just not the Top Secret Projects that not even the founder of ABTS could dream of.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   

k, so you ask us about it then you say:

so WTF? your asking us about it, then tell us you knnow about it. note, next time you have something to say, say it. you wont looked at so strangely, at least by me.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think its quite obvious that nobody seem to be a rather pissweak imitation of good old Dr. Beniek. It would be a good idea for him to substantiate or cease with these claims before he gets banned.

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by Kano]

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

DOD wants Area 51 to make it better, to make faster and cheaper. To make it more powerful and have to ability to fire an entire tank back at the enemy.

How else will I know about Area 51's projects if I am not one of the many people who work there? We are allowed to tell about everything but just not the Top Secret Projects that not even the founder of ABTS could dream of.

Why in the hell would anyone want to use a 100 million dollar tank as ammunition?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
remember that to fire at object the size of a tank at a decent velocity, a HUGE electric current would be needed (in the millions of amps). Simply because of this, i think that railguns are un-suitable for military applications, as the capacitor bank for even a small rail gun is heavy.

check powerlabs.org... for details on smaller railguns.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
I think its quite obvious that nobody seem to be a rather pissweak imitation of good old Dr. Beniek. It would be a good idea for him to substantiate or cease with these claims before he gets banned.

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by Kano]

I'm in total agreement... I think nobody needs to take down the blackout tape from his windows and give his x-files season collections a rest...

And by the way... if you have any questions about reverse engineering of alien technology... I happen to be president of the Alpha-Omega Future Reverse Engineers of Alien Technology Fraternity...let me know if you wanna join!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i saw with my own 2 types of riaal gun being tested at at Camp Peiry in Va. Iwas cutting grass. one was on a hummer the other was fired like a T.O.W but the noise wasnt loud and the round had no rocket.

<<   2  3 >>

join