It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Russian assassin in my backyard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you have heard about Paul Joyal being shot in his own driveway at his home in Adelphi, Maryland. Apparently, his friend, former KGB Major General Oleg Kalugin, thinks something is not right and that the Russian government may be involved.

Why is this so significant to me? I am currently a student at the University of Maryland, in College Park, and Paul Joyal's home in Adelphi is within running distance. So basically, I may very well have a Russian assassin lurking outside my apartment right now.

This is very worrisome. The past few years, Russia has made it almost blatantly clear that it will make people pay for openly challenging the administration of Vladimir Putin. I'm not going to be an ignorant alarmist and that its a new Cold War, but its definitely a sign that we've got ourselves a new, more dangerous enemy at our hands. And I am very upset to know that a Russian assassin may be just a few miles away.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
lol, I wouldn't worry about him living near you, it's not like you could be on the hit list... or anyone in your neighbourhood for that matter.

Aside from that, I have seen some changes myself in the Russians lately. I seriously doubt they are trying to restore the former Soviet Union, however, I do believe they are trying to get back into the seat of power.

They have been playing the influence card alot lately. The latest bit of news is the deal they struck with North Korea, getting them to agree to cease nuclear research.

I don't think they have it in mind to be an enemy to the commonwealth, more like they are just doing what they feel is necessary. If the Commonwealth want's them as an ally, I feel it would be a good time right now to start getting on their good side.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I know, it was really tongue-in-cheek, but at the same time its really unsettling to know that a Russian assassin or spy is in my immediete area.

I also don't believe Russia is trying to restore the Soviet Union, mostly because they just simply can't. But even when the best door closed, another door opened that wasn't so bad. There are many extremely wealthy Russians and they seem to have a lot of stake in what goes on in the world militarily and politically in addition to economically.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
About assassin in you backyard- it far more likely than you think. You better post some pro-Putin articles and put an "I Love Putin" or "proud supporter of the KGB" bumper sticker on your car- maybe that will calm down his thirst for blood. Also put out a bottle of vodka in you back yard. No Russian assassin can resist vodka. That way he will be too drunk to strangle you with a piano wire.

Last I heard actually, there are 40 million Russian assassins around the world- all working for Putin. Thats about 1/3 of Russia's population mind you- but that way they can single out all Putin-critics.

And about Russians planning something sinister- right on. They actually never stopped planning world domination, and all that 90's Russia-weak thing was just a cover up. And forget communism- what they are really trying to bring back is world Feudalism. Thats right. They are going to install KGB lords in every city in the world to power, to whom you will pay taxes and your first-born child. Don't believe me? Do you really expect anything better from the evil people of the north who brought to the world such terrible destructive inventions as vodka, balalaika, borsch, and KGB.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by maloy]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It is my understanding that Putin is trying desperately to wrestle control back from the oligarchy who stole the country and it's assets at the end of the cold war. THEY are trying to set Putin up. I believe that a few have sought refuge in Israel, which is sympathetic to there cause.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
See, there is so much uncertainty in this matter. Putin's involvement is just a theory, but the more of this goes on, the more plausible it is becoming that the Russian government is indeed complicit.

We think terrorism is some sort of unique, urgent threat, but terrorists are nothing compared to what a high-level enemy can dish out.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Seems like everyone who is anti-Putin now a days is killed ....

Seems like a pretty good setup or Putin really doesnt like people talking trash on him

top topics

join