It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Reasons for Worshiping God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
God exists and is love. To me, the first and primary reason for worshiping Him.

Edn

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Trying not to go off topic (i know that happens a lot in this forum) but why would god if it exists want to be worshiped? It just doesn't make much sense to me that such a powerful being who apparently understands everything would require worship. Of course this is assuming that this god is a god of love etc. etc. Such a god would never need to be worshiped or prayed to because when you die you would ascend to heaven (or wherever) and this god would gladdy welcome you with open arms regardless of what you believed and what you worshiped (if anything) when you were alive.

So my conclusion, if gods exist and they were indeed true loving gods then they would never need anyone to worship or pray to them so there is no reason to worship a true god.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
Trying not to go off topic (i know that happens a lot in this forum) but why would god if it exists want to be worshiped? It just doesn't make much sense to me that such a powerful being who apparently understands everything would require worship. Of course this is assuming that this god is a god of love etc. etc. Such a god would never need to be worshiped or prayed to because when you die you would ascend to heaven (or wherever) and this god would gladdy welcome you with open arms regardless of what you believed and what you worshiped (if anything) when you were alive.

So my conclusion, if gods exist and they were indeed true loving gods then they would never need anyone to worship or pray to them so there is no reason to worship a true god.

Edn, I will make a brief statement. God partly reveals Himself through human beings. As such, do not all human beings enjoy an occasional praise or compliment? I certainly do. I believe that life is partly based on giving true credit to where credit is due. Read God's word in the Bible and find in the Psalms how exalted the praise of God can be.

Back to the original post:

God created His Son Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. Another reason to worship God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
God created the Holy Spirit. Another reason to worship God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
God created the Virgin Mary. Another reason to worship God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
God created Angels. Another reason to worship God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
God created saints. Another reason to worship God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Because you want to.

Because He is unique to each of us (to our unique perceptions).. belief

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
God created words. Another reason for worshiping God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
God created numbers. Another reason for worshiping God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
God created symbols. Another reason for worshiping God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
God created drawings. Another reason for worshiping God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
God created vision. Another reason for worshiping God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
God created hearing. Another reason for worshiping God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
God created the sense of touch. Another reason for worshiping God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
God created the sense of taste. Another reason for worshiping God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
God created the sense of smell. Another reason for worshiping God.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Because he is the creator, he is everything and in everyone. He created us in his image, he gave us the sunsets and the winter frost. He gave us life and love from his children. He gave me my loving family, for that I will always be thankful. He rescued me from pain, gave me a glimpse of his love and peace in heaven. He gives me hope and salvation through his son. He is the Father and I love him as such.....not just for what he has done for me but for who he is.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Because he is the creator, he is everything and in everyone. He created us in his image, he gave us the sunsets and the winter frost. He gave us life and love from his children. He gave me my loving family, for that I will always be thankful. He rescued me from pain, gave me a glimpse of his love and peace in heaven. He gives me hope and salvation through his son. He is the Father and I love him as such.....not just for what he has done for me but for who he is.

kinglizard, beautiful statement. You give me inspiration and I am sure that you inspire many others.

Edn

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Edn, I will make a brief statement. God partly reveals Himself through human beings. As such, do not all human beings enjoy an occasional praise or compliment?

I would expect most do but there are those who do not require such praise for anything they do as they them selfs already know that they have done the right thing or not, sure its nice to get the occasional complement or thanks but its never required, and if I never get a single complement, thanks or praise for anything I do even if you would expect to get such a thing it would never bother me and I would never think different about anyone who didn't give such praise or complements, I would expect the same from any gods that may exist.

Originally posted by GreatTech
Read God's word in the Bible and find in the Psalms how exalted the praise of God can be.

Mans word not gods lets not mix the two up.

I can see your point, people will praise or worship the gods they believe in as a sign of respect for what there gods created around them however I believe there is a line between thankful worship and obsessive and forced worship that most people participate in today.

A reason to occasionally worship gods if they exist would be the creation of everything around you, except of course for anything man made.. or the air you breath.. or well just about anything that grows, dies and reproduces which well.. would be just about everything in the known universe unless of course you deny free will in which case it doesn't matter because god will make you worship him or not.

So really the only thing I would expect any gods would want me to worship or thank them for would be the original creation of the universe as there technically isn't anything else that any gods directly created because everything apparently has free will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join