It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swollen Earth may reach Sun's temperatures and turn into gigantic H-bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Swollen Earth may reach Sun's temperatures and turn into gigantic H-bomb

Source Link: english.pravda.ru

Earth is a living object. And every living thing is bound to die. There are many theories regarding the origins of Earth. Scientists are also trying to find an answer to another important question: How much longer will the planet be fit to live? Some scientists believe that the fate of Earth has been predetermined i.e. life on Earth will be burned out and destroyed even if each member of the human race should join the “green movement” one of these days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I would'nt trust anything Pravda has to say, as it is the equivalent of
the Weekly World News.

The Earth itself is not alive, it is host to living things, but it itself is not
a living thing.

The Earth does not 'grow', and it certainly will not become a star,
well atleast without a great deal of artificial influence through the use
of technology that will nto be available for another millenia.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This looks like another fictional piece from our friends in Russia.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Of course you followed the link and read the story before you jumped to your conclusion that the earth isn't growing or isn't a "living" organism.

So educate yourself-please.
Keep your mind open and think about what you
read.
And spend a lifetime living in the middle of nowhere(everywhere) with mother nature all around you and not come to an understanding that this is not just a rock you're just catching a ride on.

www.nealadams.com...

www.nealadams.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I did read it before I posted, and I demand that 6 minutes of my
life back.

I stand by what I previously stated.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
..."This is the way that the world shall end,
this is the way that the world shall end,
this is the way that the world shall end,
not with a bang but a whimper."

T.S. Elliot

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Most of that Pravda article is fairly accurate, especially by their standards. Just ignore the last paragraph which appears to have been made up by a journalist with a very vivid imagination (and very little knowledge of geophysics)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Experts in geodynamics gathered irrefutable evidence about the ongoing movement of the Crimea

Yes, that's called plate tectonics, nothing to do with growth, nor with stars. Bees smell fear, and the weight of the human head is approximately eight pounds.

The point is that Earth’s tectonic and geologic processes portend the end of the planet and its subsequent transformation into a star.

Not possible. Not only does the Earth have the wrong composition, it has nowhere near the mass needed.

It is getting increasingly harder for Earth to revolve around the Sun.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

According to estimates by Prof. Sergei Novikov, the day grows longer by 0.0023 seconds every one hundred years. As a result, the distance between Earth and Sun grows by 22.6 m per year.

A "bees smell fear" fact - the length of the day is growing, coupled with an incorrect non-sequitur - that this is a causal factor in the distance growing between the Earth and the Sun. The rotation of the Earth has nothing to do with its orbit around the Sun. The day length is growing due to tidal interactions with the Moon.

There are two reasons behind the continued increase in Earth’s size. The active tectonic processes are one of the reasons.

BS. Go take a pile of dirt. Pick some of it up and drop it on the pile. Did the pile increase in mass? No. Bzzt.

Thermonuclear processes similar to those occurring in stars will go under way in the depths of Earth in billions years. A chain reaction will begin in the bowels of the planet once the mass exceeds a certain critical level. The effects of colossal pressure will make Earth look like an H-bomb; it will heat up to temperatures observed in the Sun.

Yeah, and that's why Jupiter is a star now. Wait...it isn't.

I can't believe you guys are even reading Pravda.RU, as someone said above, it's Weekly World News in Russian.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Most of that Pravda article is fairly accurate, especially by their standards. Just ignore the last paragraph which appears to have been made up by a journalist with a very vivid imagination (and very little knowledge of geophysics)

They are not accurate in the least. Yes, the Earth will eventually be void of any life, and it might be possible that millions to billions of years from now a new life cycle will begin, or the Earth will become another planet like Venus, or Mars. We can't predict for certain what will happen to Earth, but such a change will take millions if not billions of years. This is not going to happen "any day now" as they claim and certainly as the member above me stated earth will not become a star. The only planet in our solar system which could have become a star, but never did is Jupiter.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Pravda is a tabloid, like Weekly World News. They don't feature Batboy, but they have the same lack of accuracy in reporting. They sell entertainment... not facts.

So we've seen all sorts of silly nonsense from them, from two-headed alien cows taking over the world to ancient maps created by dinosaurs.

It's great for a laugh, but don't believe anything they print.

top topics

join