It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC nets YouTube deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

BBC nets YouTube deal

Source Link: www.smh.com.au

The BBC announced Friday a "ground-breaking" deal with YouTube owners Google to make clips of its news and other programmes available on the popular video-sharing website.

The BBC hopes to reach YouTube's monthly audience of over 70 million viewers and generate wider interest in its programmes, its own website and eventually related content on its proposed BBC iPlayer commercial download service.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.betanews.com
www.theregister.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
BBC News Reports Building 7 collapse 23 Minutes before it collapses.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is also translated as:

Look for the BBC building 7 collapse video to removed from YouTube soon.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I found it pretty suspicious myself. I mean, yes, it could be a coincidence, but I'm looking at the bigger picture here. If you have business ties with someone it's far easier to influence them.
The stange irony here is that the BBC wants to get noticed with this deal by getting their clips up.
If you're trying to get recognition then you don't have clips taken down for violating copyright laws. And I've also heard that the WTC7 clip didn't violate anything due to Fair Use, but that's another story.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
In a way NBC did the same thing. They made YouTube take down all their copyrighted material and then put it up on their own.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
lol yeah BET made them take down like almost all the rapcity freestyles....comedy central made them take down the stand up they had on there.....but people still get stuff on there....lol if we all talk at once they cant silence all of us

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
lol yeah BET made them take down like almost all the rapcity freestyles....comedy central made them take down the stand up they had on there.....but people still get stuff on there....lol if we all talk at once they cant silence all of us

Good lord, completely pathetic cable networks have been taking clips down? Don't they understand that in the 21st century if you don't roll with technology you'll be left in the dust. I could understand it if these programs were available on DVD, but even then, a CLIP isn't going to hurt DVD sales.

Regardless, somehow I doubt the BBC will be selling 911 coverage DVDs, and I also doubt that they will be re-running it anytime soon (unless it's in a world court as evidence). So the only logical answer is that something is fishy. Of course, lets not rule out an illogical answer, these are network executives we're talking about.

new topics

top topics

join