It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Favor Health Care For All

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Majority Favor Health Care For All

Source Link: www.nytimes.com

A majority of Americans say the federal government should guarantee health insurance to every American, especially children, and are willing to pay higher taxes to do it, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News Poll.

While the war in Iraq remains the overarching issue in the early stages of the 2008 campaign, access to affordable health care is at the top of the public’s domestic agenda, ranked as far more important than immigration, cutting taxes or promoting traditional values. Only 2
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: fixed link]

[edit on 2-3-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Thats perfectly fine as long as Im allowed to opt out. Not pay for it and am left free to seek private options and my own healthcare free of government obstruction.

Otherwise, this little poll doesnt take into account the vast and grand ignorance of how much things actually cost. They dont know it will cost 7 trillion just to fil in the gap the boomers will create once theyre all sucking on the system.

Im not saying we dont have 7 trillion. We waste 7 trillion all the time. But we cant just keep printing more money as the fed likes to do. Sooner or later the fact that it isnt backed by anything will collapse our economy and nobody will get any kind of free ride.

But if I were to completely disregard the financials and keep my view sighted as short as the next election than it would certainloy look and sound like a good idea.

Reality will bankrupt the system and destroy us. It has an uncanny way of doing that.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How will it "bankrupt us"?

Somehow every other modern industrialized country on the planet has a national healthcare system, and they're not bankrupt.

What's so different about the US?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
How will it "bankrupt us"?

Somehow every other modern industrialized country on the planet has a national healthcare system, and they're not bankrupt.

What's so different about the US?

Germany is pretty clos to the brink. So is France. One of the driving factors behind the creation of the EU was the dwindling bank roll of each nation.

Maybe this is why the US is so eager to form a union with Mexico and Canada?
It would be a terrible strain at first but as people get used to less quality care and waiting lists they costs= would be easier to float.

The people who benefit most from government healthcare are the dying and the healthy. Anybody caught in the middle will not get preventative medicine and only be made a priority once theyve achieved dying status.

Germany
France

[edit on 2-3-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I agree that children should have free health care in this nation and that people should be able to afford health care taking into consideration that we all going to need it one time or another.

In a nation that so much money goes to pork it should be more going to the people that support this nation.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It is a mark of a civilized country to have a free Medical service or at least free for low income earners. I find it appalling the cost of medical care in the United States.

apc

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree that children should have free health care in this nation and that people should be able to afford health care taking into consideration that we all going to need it one time or another.

I'll agree with the part about the children. Whether the parents are fat, lazy, worthless and leeching off the system, or the parents are legitimately disabled and unable to provide for their children, the children should not have to suffer.

But as one would expect with anything coming from the NYT, there's a problem...

A majority of Americans say the federal government should guarantee health insurance to every American, especially children, and are willing to pay higher taxes to do it, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News Poll.

Nearly half said they thought it would be unfair to require all Americans to participate in a national health care plan, financed by taxpayers.

Is one half bigger than the other half? Or are they going with a 51/49 "majority"? Majority tyranny, more like it.

top topics

join