It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experiences for Discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I’ve been an ATS member for a short while now but I’ve been reading peoples experiences and comments for some time now. The 2 experiences I wish to share are from 1988 and 1995. Please bear in mind that I was born in 1978 so I was only 10 in 1988 and 17 in 1995. I do have and always have had a very good memory so please feel free to ask any questions.

I would also like to state that I’m not a time waster just because I have no proof but camera phones are a recent luxury and how I wish I’d had one for both to prove my worth. Any way here goes.

Exp 1. I used to get picked up from school by my mum and she; along with my friend, his mum and my sister (a baby at the time in pram / pushchair to all you americanos) would all walk back together as he lived just off my street. I remember that it was a hot day and we had finished school so it would have been around 3pm. The walk home took about 10 minutes maximum. We crossed the road and started to walk down the main street. As my friend and I walked in front we didn’t notice that my sister had caused a stir by being a typical baby so we unknowingly ended up about 10 – 15 meters ahead. At this point we both saw a bright orange, slim, oval shaped disk static in the sky, probably about 2 miles away and at least 25,000 feet. I used to live on the flight path to Manchester Airport so I know the typical size of a craft in the air. This thing was definitely bigger than a plane. I’d say 3 – 4 times bigger. It was very high and set back in the same view (not on top of, but to the side of the sun) as the sun. Please don’t think this was a case of looking at the sun, blinking and thinking we saw something. No, no, no. We both saw this thing and checked back to each other and then looked again and it was still there. My friend immediately turned to get the attention of his mother however; both my mum and his were distracted by my sister being naughty. As we were around 10 – 15 meters in front we turned back to look again and it had gone. We both explained to our mothers what had happened and that we had both seen the same thing. Obviously they laughed and probably put it down to an over active imagination. Who wouldn’t if their 10 year old kid says they’ve seen a UFO?? I tried a few days later to explain it again to my mum and she seemed a bit more interested and finally after swearing on various lives she told me she believed me and looked quite concerned. Whether she did or not I’ll never know (I can’t ask her anymore unfortunately).

Exp2. In the summer of 1995 I lived at the same house and went to the local college studying Law, English & Psychology. During this time I had a dog, Ben. One night as we went on our usual walk, we ended up on the field near to my house where he could run around and do his doggy business. It was a completely clear night and I started to gaze in to the night sky. I’ve always done this on clear nights as I do think that we don’t, and never will know everything that’s out there. While the dog was doing his stuff I noticed a bright “star” come in to view so I looked again at it. I thought to myself, “Is this thing moving?” and again I looked away for a second and then refocused (it was late and I did think that my eyes were playing tricks) but it was moving very, very slowly in the night sky. As I watched it made prefect straight lines but then it would turn at perfect right angles. This wasn’t happening at any great speed it was all very slowly done. Now what freaked me even more is that after one of these right angle turns another “star” came in to view following the same path as the other. Wherever the 1st “star” turned, the 2nd “star” would make the same turn at the same point and follow. After watching this for about 20 minutes with no way of telling anyone, recording it or sounding like an idiot on the phone to any authority I decided to go home. I lay awake nearly all night and didn’t turn up for college for 3 days while I tried to work it out. Obviously I couldn’t and I’m now telling you lot about it.

I’m here to answer any questions you have but please don’t ask for any proof, I don’t have it. Thinking about it, on here you can have what some may call “proof” and they just get humiliated. If I wanted that I’d make a phone call to one of those numbers in the magazines.

Just sharing but also looking for people who may have had a similar experience with an orange, slim, oval disk / saucer type craft or “star” trails in the night sky. I can’t think of another way of wording it, sorry.

Remirah.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
well there's something i didnt expect............. not a bloody word

not even someone saying i'm seeing things.

Remirah

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
well poeple are still reading it, that must be a good sign????

Remirah

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well, I believe you saw something. I think the majority of the people on here have either saw something in their lives or know someone who has. I for one have been a witness to 2 occasions where there was something questionable in the sky. When I say questionable - I mean an audible question of "Um... WTF is that???"
lol

so, don't take offense to people not responding to you - its just many people have similar experiences... and yes, a picture factor comes in to play - people want pictures. I never got to take pictures of what I saw, I wish I did - but both instances where witnessed by multiple people.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Your first experience, I don't know... But the second, I'm pretty sure are just satellites. I've seen same thing (dunno if exactly same ones) but first I saw just the 1 moving fairly slowly, and then noticed a second close to it - heading exactly same direction. They're spotted quite often.

No offence, but as you probably know (if you've read other experiences), there won't be much response with just a short discription of the experiences... especially as there have been countless of people in the past that presented pretty much the same old story. These days if you want to get the attention, you'll need a pretty good picture/video... or a really good story. Give us something we havent heard/seen before and we're ALL yours.

Unfortunate, but that's how it is these days...

All the best,

Navieko

[edit on 5-3-2007 by Navieko]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I never thought about satellites y'know Navieko, cheers. I'll go along with that and I'll say, for now, that's what it was.

As for the 2nd one I was mostly wpondering how many bright orange daylight sightings. It was to see if anyone else, around the same time coudl remember anything.

the only way I coudl make this more interesting is to say "They Probed Me!!!!!!", bu they didn't.

Remirah

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Remirah

Exp 1. I used to get picked up from school by my mum and she; along with my friend, his mum and my sister (a baby at the time in pram / pushchair to all you americanos) would all walk back together as he lived just off my street. I remember that it was a hot day and we had finished school so it would have been around 3pm. The walk home took about 10 minutes maximum. We crossed the road and started to walk down the main street. As my friend and I walked in front we didn’t notice that my sister had caused a stir by being a typical baby so we unknowingly ended up about 10 – 15 meters ahead. At this point we both saw a bright orange, slim, oval shaped disk static in the sky, probably about 2 miles away and at least 25,000 feet.

Both of these are intriguing.

how did you assess the altitude of the object? In my experience, that is very hard to judge, especially when you have no idea of the size or lateral distance.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
disownedsky,I lived up until recently, the last 6 months, on the flight path to Manchester Airport. The trails left by planes are extremely visable on a clear day and the object was at the altitude of the highest trails but thicker and a lot larger than a plane looks at that height.

Feel free to ask more.

Remirah

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I never thought about satellites y'know Navieko, cheers. I'll go along with that and I'll say, for now, that's what it was.

As for the 2nd one I was mostly wpondering how many bright orange daylight sightings. It was to see if anyone else, around the same time coudl remember anything.

the only way I coudl make this more interesting is to say "They Probed Me!!!!!!", bu they didn't.

Remirah

I don't believe that what you describe there is attributable to satellites. They don't make turns and aren't visible to the naked eye for 20 minutes at a time. Space debris re-entering the atmosphere can make apparent turns, but these are typically brief events, and meteors are even briefer. If this behavior persisted for 20 minutes, then it wasn't a re-entry.

Flares don't seem very likely either.

I'd leave it as unexplained.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Can anyone else back up disownedsky on the satellite theory? I can't say I know much about satellites and thier movements in the atmosphere.

I do have to question the perfect 90 degree turns and I can definately say that the "stars" in experience 2 didn't change colour, or didn't seem to change colour at any point. My idea was some form of cloaking tech that was being experimented with. Or, obviously, on/off world alien tech.

I know some experiences take seconds but this was definately around the 20 minute mark. I had a border collie and they need good exercise.

Remirah

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Can anyone else back up disownedsky on the satellite theory? I can't say I know much about satellites and thier movements in the atmosphere.

If you are out on a clear day, away from city lights you look to the heavens there are many objects orbiting the earth that can be seen with the naked eye. These objects in orbit are usually satellites, which do not make sudden turns or movements, because they are usually communications satellites.

I do have to question the perfect 90 degree turns and I can definately say that the "stars" in experience 2 didn't change colour, or didn't seem to change colour at any point. My idea was some form of cloaking tech that was being experimented with. Or, obviously, on/off world alien tech.

I know some experiences take seconds but this was definately around the 20 minute mark. I had a border collie and they need good exercise.

Remirah

The definition of UFO is –noun, plural UFO's, UFOs.
any unexplained moving object observed in the sky, esp. one assumed by some observers to be of extraterrestrial origin. (dictionary.com)

If what you saw adds up to that definition, then you saw a UFO. Stars/Planets/Satellites do not usually show signs of intelligent control, unless the observer is under the influence of drugs or alcohol (which I assume you were not).

I constantly question what I saw, but every time I do question the 2 sightings I come to the same conclusion: Unidentified Objects that were seemingly under intelligent control that defied current technological understanding.

I saw a UFO - as have many.
Krom

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Nope, no drugs.

Remirah

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Remirah

Let me just clarify - many satellites CAN maneuver, and on rare occasions those maneuvers are fairly large, but they never ever make right angle turns. I've been involved with some of the largest low earth orbit satellite maneuvers ever attempted, and if they were illuminated by the sun and you had been watching at the time, you wouldn't have seen much change in the motion, and nothing abrupt. Nearly all maneuvers are much more subtle nudges to keep the orbit wiithin specification.

I should also point out that you won't see a satellite unless the sun is shining on it. This is somewhat seasonally dependent, but in general satellites are seen in the West in the evening and in the East in the early morning. It's almost impossible to see one at midnight unless it's very close to the horizon.

If what you saw is accurately described, then I think it was anomalous. However, it's not great evidence, because as far we know only you saw it, and there's no known collaborating evidence. If we knew the exact date and time, then there might be some hope of finding another witness.

And that is just how it usually goes. I saw something quite odd over the Eastern United States in the Summer of 1995 while out walking my dog, but I failed to note the exact date and time and no one else saw it or noted it that I know of, so I'm stuck there. It remains just a personal experience.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by disownedsky]

[edit on 5-3-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have relatives who saw something interact with a plane at high altitude (they saw it from the ground), but again, date and time are not exact, and it is left as an unknown.

I'd like a little more information on both events, so here is a question or two:

1) With the first event, how far from the sun was the phenomena? How far from the horizon was the sun?

2) With the second observation, with reference to what backframe were the lights changing angles at 90 degrees? The stars?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I'd like a little more information on both events, so here is a question or two:

1. I would say from memory that probably a thumbs distance if you held out your hand "thumb up" with the sun and the object either side.

2. Yes, the stars. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I would say that they did look like stars in shape and size to the natural eye.

I hope that clears that up Ectoterrestrial.

disownedsky: I can definately say it was around the 10 - 11pm time as that's when the dog would get his last walk of the day.

Cheers

Remirah

top topics

join