It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions needed, Alien travel theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hey all

What do you make of this idea;

Aliens do not travel time or dimensionally, they do in fact travel distance.

That being said, the sheer distances involved are mind boggling. Even communications on a light beam would take 7 minutes to get from Earth to the sun !

Moving large ships with supplies for living beings is another "matter" all togeter

Lets assume the aliens can fold or warp space to an extent to shorten the trip, but they can't "pop in" like a teleporter or star gate. Lets assume it takes hundreds of years. Like 500 years for them to get to us.

Would that explain the biology of the "greys" ? Large eyes, grey, but otherwise like a lump of clay ?

These bodies seem to be low-energy requirements (small) small physical power requirements (narrow, non muscular limbs), yet huge eyes and long fingers. Like they were specificaly designed or engineered for one job, a really long, boring road trip collecting specimens and sending messages back to home base ?

I was thinking maybe

the ships are like droid probes, long distance data gathering ships, and the "pilots" are possibly bred or actually "grown" during the trip ?

Maybe these beings are like test tube pilots, and the "real" alien biology back on "7 zark 7 " is completely different ????

This is probably a really old idea, just wanted to throw it out there.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Makes "sense" to me. If the science allowed it:

- send off ships for years (send many, some will not make it)
- backup their minds to large block of flash memory
- include their DNA or whatever
- include a birthing machine or droid which can later replicate their biology when they "get near the destination" by activating the DNA for the being.

- Generally, a "freeze dried and packed for shipment" technology

If such biology is like insects or some animals, they become somewhat operational just after birth. Then, import stored minds from the flash memory banks. Just need materials which will store information over long time periods.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If you understand the principles involved in ZPR/ZPE and some quantum physics such as tachyons you will realize that the faster you go the less mass you have there for requiring less energy to go faster. Opposite the theory of relativity. Once this is realized traveling great distances takes relatively very very little time.

I would say there are two competing woo woo theories on the Greys. We have all heard the one where they are simply biological robots so to speak acting as a collective to do the bidding of a more advanced race (ie. the reptilians, bigger greys, insect race, etc.) The other theory is they have evolved to a point where physical prowess is not so necessary as their power to control their surroundings through thought is much more effective.

If you would like I can get more into the details of the physics behind this and how it works...

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
this is my main problem with ET piloted UFOs, If they travel a great distance how do they survive or do it within a reasonable time. Its one of the main reasons i dont think UFOs are ET piloted craft..however...

you make some very interesting points and i suppose alot of them are theoretically possible.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i think the only way possible is if they don't limit themselves to the speed of light. They probably can go faster. If gravity has a speed, and light cannot escape the pull of a black hole, dark matter, then there is something faster than light.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You know I never thought of the idea of say the alien being born mere years before arrival at its destination. I like that idea.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
You know I never thought of the idea of say the alien being born mere years before arrival at its destination. I like that idea.

Since I think they may be little more than large bugs....(oddly jointed arms and legs, skinny little neck)...What if the 'craft' are a larval or pupal form of the critters?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
just thought of this, time and speed are related, so to travel at those speeds they practicly have to time travel. and since time proceeds slower when you go faster it is possible they can almost freeze time when they engage speeds greater than or equal to light.

but just a theory from things ive heard...

and after doing a bit of research i found this

start off with both ein and stein at 25 yrs old. set the ships speed to 99.99% at the speed of light and launch it to bellatrix (approx 470 lightyears away from here) and watch the ages of both.

and according to some sightings they are really fast. so i dont think they are biological engineered robots or anything (if they can bio-engineer, why not just make a pair of brains, stuff it with info and attach it to a mechanical robot so they can get make the long and boring trip to earth and get all they need to return and be reused? sounds a lot easyer to me, and a lot more efficient since robots dont die and since you cant create something from nothing it also seems a lot cheaper to me)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
the biology makes all of it so much more difficult, doesn't it ? G-forces on the fluids in the brain must be very tough to deal with from an engineering perspective.

It's probably more likely they are totally automated or robotic ships for the most part.

thanks for all of the input !

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You are all thinking inside the box... I will make several posts because it will not fit in one....

What he did, apparently, was acquire a high voltage power source — a DC (direct current) power source, and he took a couple of quarter-inch-thick copper plates about a foot in diameter, with a lead coming out of the middle of each one at the top and the bottom. [Then], he basically embedded them in a type of plastic resin like polycarbonate or Plexiglas, or some other kind of clear resin where you could see the plates, and you could see the material. Apparently, he did everything he could to get all the little air bubbles and stuff out of there, so there wouldn’t be any pathways for the electricity to break down the material and arc through them. The experiment was to see how much voltage you could put on this capacitor — the sub-plate capacitor — in this arrangement; how much voltage could you put on this thing before the insulating material begins to just break down?

Well, he got up to about a million volts, and the thing would begin to float, and it floated in accordance with principles that had been described in a patent that was filed back in the late 1950s/early 1960s by a gentleman called Thomas Townsend Brown. Brown and another individual by the name of Dr. Biefield had done this, so this effect became known as the Biefield-Brown effect. Well, [Stambough] apparently duplicated the experiments done by Biefield and Brown, [and] the one aspect they found about this arrangement was that the levitation or movement would occur in the direction of the positively-charged plate. So, if you had two plates, one is negative, and one is positive because of the direct current system. If you have the positive plate on top, it would move in that direction. If you had it on a pendulum, it would always swing in whatever direction the positive plate was facing...continues Disclosure Project Briefing Document (Scroll 2/3rd's down the page to find chapter '3.8.5 Technology / Science' subtitled "Testimony of Mr. Mark McCandlish, US Air Force")

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Posting work written by others. **All Members Read**

[edit on 5-3-2007 by sanctum]

new topics

top topics

join