It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate Declaration: Intrepid, Libertarian.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Mahree
I would like your opinions on term limits for Congress...

This is not possible, nor a good policy imo. You would have to get the members of Congress to basically cut their own throats, that's not going to happen. Also once you've implemented this you are taking the choice out of the peoples hands. Don't like your congressman, vote him out.

Thank you for the reply. You have given me a different side than I had been considering and it makes more sense. Thank you

...and what criteria would you use to appoint Supreme Court Judges

QUALIFIED people that have demonstrated non partisan judgement. They must also be constitutionally aware and demonstrate that they will keep to the document.

Good answer. Thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If I may, I'd like to elaborate on my recommendations (speaking as his running mate) to Intrepid:

Originally posted by Mahree
I would like your opinions on term limits for Congress and what criteria would you use to appoint Supreme Court Judges?

I agree with Intrepid's reasoning, and would add that since I *don't* believe all politicians are corrupt (I've known a few local politicians and some of them I really respected. They worked hard for their constituents.) I think that having limits would create a perpetual campaign environment, and I'd rather they were there to do a professional job than to turn Congress into a type of beauty pagent.

As to Supreme Court Judges, this is an issue that's near and dear to my heart. I'm a liberal, but I firmly believe in balance of powers. I would pick my slate from nationally known and respected lawyers and judges, and my first question would NOT be "do you support my party line."

That wouldn't be my last question or any question in between.

I want known Constitutional scholars, who have studied the Constitution. I'd want judges who have written opinions and papers, and I will go through a portion of their writings with a scholar's eye to see how they reason. I would prefer a court that has three liberals, three conservatives, and three moderates and would shape my recommendations to that end.

I would prefer a Richard Posner ( www.washingtonpost.com... ) to an Alberto Gonzales. I would also seek out female judges to recommend and non-Caucasians as well. The more the court resembles the people, the better served the people will be.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thank you, Byrd, for expanding on the answer, especially the choice of the Supremes. I could live with that fair a method of choice. Too bad it doesn't happen in the real world.

[edit on 3/22/2007 by Mahree]
Seem to be "brain dead" tonight

[edit on 3/22/2007 by Mahree]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
intrepid
byrd

now, what is your stance on education policy, particularly america's lagging in science testing?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
intrepid
byrd

now, what is your stance on education policy, particularly america's lagging in science testing?

If you check out the platform, which is the OP of this thread, you'll see that education is EXTREMELY important to Byrd and myself. As to what an administration can do about lagging science testing, you have to be careful about stepping on states toes as this is their purview. What we CAN do though is use the NEAP program to see where there are better test scores and see why they're more EFFECTIVE. Then make suggestions to the states that are lagging.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think we've answered the questions. Are there any more?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Oh, oh, I have a question.

When do you think the primaries will be?
and
How many other candidates do you think you'll actually end up running against?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Oh, oh, I have a question.

When do you think the primaries will be?

Dude, if I knew I'd tell you. I'm chomping at the bit to get this going.

and
How many other candidates do you think you'll actually end up running against?

Another I can't answer. I'm not sure how many are still interested.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I did'nt expect you would know, I mean it would'nt exactly be fair if you did,
so I did'nt expect you would, I'm just curious when you personally theorized/thought
it might be.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well Intrepid, you have my vote.

Wanted to ask you though, would you do away with Corporations having the same rights as a private citizen?

We can work on that if need be, your other positions are already enough to tell me you'd have my vote.

Get up there and give it to the American people straight, do what you say and bring America back to Americans!

X

Shame it's not gonna happen though.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys

Wanted to ask you though, would you do away with Corporations having the same rights as a private citizen?

Which rights do you mean? I just want to able to address your question fully.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sure that is a good question. Specifically:

Investment, Petition, and Lobbyist groupings by corporations that have much more funds than your average person which makes them much more powerful in the economic/political realm.

Some examples of the specifics are here:

Investor/Lobby etc

10 ways to democratize the global economy.

The Meta-Program for Global Corporate Rule

More furnished upon request.

Keep going

X

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xatnys

As to the global economy, I think we should concern ourselves with OUR economy first. I know they are linked but home grown matters need to be addressed first. Getting government on a paying basis is but a beginning.

Read the OP as to how we will deal with lobbyists. This porkbarrel is messing with good government, has for a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG time. This needs to end.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join