It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush luring babies to TV and the damage it can do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Looks like Bush has been using his State of the Union address to promote a social engineering agenda:

CCFC to President Bush: Luring Babies to Screens is Not Heroic...

www.underthecarpet.co.uk...

The 15 ways in which too much TV wrecks your child's health

www.underthecarpet.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Im pretty sure TV, having a rating system of 2+, has been quite harmful to people long before Bush.

Perhaps parents should not have TVs in their homes?
Maybe explain to their children what it does to them?

Same thing goes for the internet. And music. And any other media. The worse offenders are those that come at you like TV and radio. The internet will be there soon as ads become more embedded and "surfing" becomes more automatic as your browser learns your interests and "guides" you.

I dont think Bush is to blame for people just not turning it off. Of all the things he can be blamed for, TV? C'mon.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I wasn't necessarily blaming Bush for kids watching too much TV....I just thought it was a bit of a weird thing to promote at a State of the Union address ...and wondering whether there might be an agenda behind it.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It seems really strange to me that Bush would hawk any kind of commercial product from a national pulpit like that, let alone in such hyperbolic terms.

They are a symbol of "the great enterprising spirit of America"? Why, because somebody finally figured out how to make infants profitable?

Aigner-Clark acts out of "heroic kindness, courage, and self-sacrifice" to bring us these tapes? Bush uses the same vocabulary to peddle videos as he does to push bad foreign policy.

This is really bizarre... I didn't notice these statements in the State of the Union transcript I went over, but I certainly wish I had. Surely Bush was at least paid off for this?

Edit-- I'd love to see Bush do a commercial for Froot Loops. "The undying courage, the vast selfless dedication of Toucan Sam has brought America into an age where we, and one day our children, may once again feel safe when we ask "what's for breakfast?"'

[edit on 27-2-2007 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
lol...

yeah...I can't understand who would have the power to get Bush to plug their childrens video series in a State of the Union address.

I think it must have been the choice of the script writer to add a bit of grass-roots enterprise into his speech for effect....but the choice of Baby Genius , which implies that it'll make you babies intelligent by just sticking them in front of the TV when in fact it will probably produce negative effects, is suspicious to me.

Do you think it could be as sinister as the promotion of something they know would contribute to the dumbing down of america?

I wouldn't be surprised.

top topics

join