It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if it's all connected?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Fossils, as we learned in grade school, appear in rocks that were formed many thousands of years ago. Yet there are a number of fossils that just don't make geological or historical sense. A fossil of a human handprint, for example, was found in limestone estimated to be 110 million years old. What appears to be a fossilized human finger found in the Canadian Arctic also dates back 100 to 110 million years ago. And what appears to be the fossil of a human footprint, possibly wearing a sandal, was found near Delta, Utah in a shale deposit estimated to be 300 million to 600 million years old.

Source:
paranormal.about.com...

Here is a thought that I just had.

I was reading the article above, and I thought what if it's all conected? The article below states that sometimes, scientists find human handprint fossils that date back 150 million years ago and can't explain why.

My question is, what if we as a human species have been on earth that long? What if We have previously had nuclear war destroying much of the population on earth and only a few survive. Like Atlanteans for instance. Some could have escaped earth with their spacecraft and recolonized elsewhere in the universe and later come back to earth to reseed the population and let them be and advance as a species on their own. The government could know about this and the aliens that we call today could actually be the Atlantians of ancient coming down to bring technology, knowledge to the government.

It's just a thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fixed spelling in title and added 'ex' tags for quote

[edit on 23/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
1) YOU are NOT alone. There are MANY that would agree, given the opportunity, and ALL the evidence.

2) YOURS is the best statement I've seen ANYWHERE on this site. YOU are challenging THE WHOLE PLACE to simply RIP THE BLINDERS OFF!!!

OUTSTANDING!!!

I concur with this school of thought... I think we've been played like a bunch of mice in the Proctor & Gamble Medical Laboratories. ONLY WORSE.

SPout

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Its an interesting theory.
Maybe thats the big secret, the big experiment, to see how long humans take to self-distruct themselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's a possibility that human history could have been created and destroyed many times before and these ancient mythical people, cities or whatever were actually history.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Good post Jack.

I agree with your hypothesis that "humans" could have been created many times before, but somehow caused their own destruction and/ordemise everytime. We are currently just another iteration of what has come many times before

This kind of relates to the theory that the ancient terrans (first inhabitants of Earth) were driven to another realm or inside of the planet after some sort of cataclysm and may have left some sort of clue for later inhabitants of this planet.

I dont know how the ancient impossible fossils relate to stories of that nature, but given that there have been other technologically advanced races of people which no longer exist except in text (Atlantians and Lemurians), I do think that the origins of this fossil could very well play into any one of the scenarios of past civilizations.

Great find!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Definately an interesting theory but why wouldn't they come back and help out the human race?. And if we keep repeating the same event (nuclear war) then why are we in a loop?. Does it just wipe the whole human race clean except for the smartest people who will have offspring that can advance the human race?. What if we came from people who were stranded because their UFO crashed?.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This thread www.abovetopsecret.com... has a few pages on the subject, one in which I personally believe to be true.

AAC

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
hey great find, & also a Intresting thoery and probably one of the most logical ones iv read so far, it could explain the Ancient Indian literature and the interpretation given that they were a advanced civilisation millions of years ago.

Just one question do you have sources or any proof with the fossil findings that date back millions of years? I know the article you gave mentioned it but i would like to read up abit more with more professional credible sources/websites, i cant seem to find anything on the net. Usualy just getting searches that say the oldest human fossils found were only thousands of years ago

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
www.subversiveelement.com...

This link has a few article on these footpints. I hope this helps

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Interesting theory. I've thought about that to. I've even went as far as wondering if the government of the future in this time or ancient time keeps coming back to change things. Time travel or something like that. Maybe when they try to change the past it doesn't always work out the way they planned it. And they're still trying today to right all the wrong. I really can't see us living in the Jurassic time with dinosuars. How can we explain that one?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I personally do not believe Atlantis was as advanced as we are today, I think it was a great city with the likes of Rome. However if they had this kind of technology I believe we would of found some remnants of it for example computers. We have found dinosaur fossils. Where is the highly advanced technology that they had, it just don't disappear. As far as us having a nuclear war millions of years ago I have to say that is rubbish. There is absolutly no evidence that this occured, I believe natural causes may have brought there world to an end. Floods, war, famine, disease, or a astroid may have destroyed there civilization.

If these fossils that are from homo sapian and not a neanderthal this is very strong evidence that the 2 or not connected. Not sure if this has anything to do with the topic or if I am correct in that above statement, I am no expert on paleontology. Maybe there is no missing link and homo sapians coexisted with neanderthal man and destroyed them throughout time. Anyways just some thoughts.
Peace guys.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
who's to say we had to of killed ourselves, seems to me there could have also been almost cyclical events that caused rapid and life threatening earth changes

maybe they are setting up global warming to take the fall for any and all coming earth changes so people don't panic as much and also so the public takes the blame while others hide in underground cities

[edit on 24-2-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It could have been a natural disaster or maybe they actually found a way to leave this planet. Maybe previous cycles of human races didn't have the secrecy and wars we have today. Which would have made the whole human race all working together towards improving itself and the technology they had. I think if the world governments were an open book and for the past 2000 years (for example) were all sharing info and all focusing on migrating to other planets we would have a long time ago.

Politics and dictatorship alone have held us back many times throughout our recorded history. Maybe the previous human races on earth were civil?? Who knows.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by leafer]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
Definately an interesting theory but why wouldn't they come back and help out the human race?. And if we keep repeating the same event (nuclear war) then why are we in a loop?. Does it just wipe the whole human race clean except for the smartest people who will have offspring that can advance the human race?. What if we came from people who were stranded because their UFO crashed?.

Maybe this is all just some sort of sick experiment to see how many tries it takes before we catch on.

Or maybe we have some sort of weird disaster like zombies and this time around they gave us guns to deal with them World War Z- is a fictitious book of what could happen if zombies were unleashed The Zombie Survival Guide- is also fictitious but deals of what you could do to keep yourself alive during a zombie attack.

While zombies could be a little far fetched but I believe that it is possible
however, it is not so far fetched to think that the same thing that wipes all but a few humans keeps coming, but this time we have better technology and the cycle repeats itself.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by wolfsnguns]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The buddhists talk about past lives... and how theres multiple levels of existence... and that you have to pass through one level to attain the next... basically have to go through life lessons... as the soul assends it enters a state of higher being... as for the human body it is difficult to attain... animals plants micro organisms... they are all souls... they will work their way to the point of "human" and need to experience as needed... it is believed that many cataclysms have been experienced here on earth... each time a civilization rises from the ash and goes forward to the pinacle of their existance and then it ends... billions die...and it starts again... each time the earth "cleanses" it releases HUGE karma... thats the whole challenge... to release as much as possible... look at our civilization even now... within the last 50 years the popullation has gone from a billion to many billion... and within the next few years they expect it to increase even further... so many souls are taking a human body... which maximizes their experience and increases the amount of karma shed... if youve noticed how many of the worlds popullation exists in 3rd world nations... where disease strife war and natural disasters are common... point being so many people talk about how this age is coming to an end and a "new age" is coming on us... its just a cycle... souls come into existence... they reach a point... some move on and elevate... others end up staying... others end up dieing and entering a different state of existence... this is the view of the taoists at least... but according to what your saying in this forum there seems to have been many cycles already past... it would make sense in a way...

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is a theory i've been throwing around in my head for the last couple of years, but not to the point of serious research or anything like that (and i've only just discovered ATS so its a blessing to finally be able to talk about this with like minded people, instead of my friends thinking i'm some kind of loony). I'll start by saying, that whatever i'm about to say is all theory and nothing more. Maybe not even a theory i'm willing to believe 100%, but definitely a theory i'm willing to explore.

My version of the theory has us being "reset" by asteroids every so often and us having to start over, and never really making it to a point (yet) where we can escape this loop (kind of like a groundhog day).

So...what if the meaning of life is something like this....its a big challenge...a race.....to see which loop is the loop to break-out. By breaking out, I mean, by getting off this planet, going out into the universe, and seeding all over the place. This would ensure our long term survival, and would increase our chances of being a successful race (have you ever wondered why they call this the Human Race, by the way?).

It does'nt have to be a natural disaster that keeps resetting us, however. It could just as easily be man-made, and doesnt necesarily have to be nuclear. Who knows, we may have been further along in technology in past loops than we're going to get on this one, or we may have had different technology to destroy ourselves with. We may do things differently on each loop, desperately trying to find the right combination that gets us out of here and to safety (if we're divided all over the universe as a race, we can never trully be wiped out....whereas at the moment, we're all in one place....and it would be easy to do it).

And when whichever loop (I use the term loop in the same manner as "group"), but whichever loop finds the way out, then maybe the game starts all over again wherever we go. Maybe we are destined to be our own gods and creators. Maybe thats the gift thats been given to us.

Originally posted by sandman441
Does it just wipe the whole human race clean except for the smartest people who will have offspring that can advance the human race?.

That could be possible, and when you think about it, that supports the idea of natural selection. Only the fittest and strongest (i.e, smartest) survive to carry on the next loop, so on each loop, we (supposedly), get smarter and smarter until we find that critical breakout point in our intelligence which allows us to diversify before we self-destruct. Each loop gets to have a go, and if it fails - we start the gig all over again and try a different set of combinations, all the while supposedly getting smarter. Just an idea.

If this theory WERE to be somewhat true, I've got to be brutally honest and say that we're not the ones....looking at how the world is today and the direction we're headed, I wouldnt be confident that we belong to the successful loop......thats kind of a sad and depressing thought, so I wont dwell on it, because this is all just theory anyway.

All of these thoughts are general and i've never bothered researching this to any great degree, so everything I said could probably be blown out of the water.....but thats why i'm here, to explore......its a really interesting theory and its cool to see other people on the same lines, props to the OP for starting the discussion.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
WOW!

Thanks for all of the great replies! Alot of your input and views have really been interesting. I was using the Atlantians and nuclear war as an exaple. I don't necisarily believe that was the way it happened, I was just it as an example. My main point to get across what was each and every one of you stated. That life is in some sort of cycle or has been created many times over.

These posts have been great and thought provocing.

JackCash

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
THIS question gets asked by multitudes of people. They have this look of concern on their face... it demonstrates in an instant their concern for humanity. It shows that THEY CARE.

YOU, the reader, you have asked this VERY question, have you not? WHY oh why would someone NOT come and RESCUE US FROM OURSELVES? Why would they not come SHOW US THE WAY... so that we could be happy again... so that we could be healthy again... so that our WORLD is SAFE for our Babies AGAIN...

Right?

Let me ask you ALL something VERY serious, and VERY personal, ATS...

Are you NOT assuming too much? Are you NOT giving "them" just a little too much credit? Are you NOT demonstrating precisely just how VAIN mankind has TRULY become? Do you NOT comprehend that YOU are "created wonderfully"? Not to all "bible" but even Christ said "Have I not told ye, that ye be GODS?".

Is it POSSIBLE that mankind does NOT realize just how significant HE is in the grand scheme of things? Have ANY of you taken the arrogance of MTV off JUST for a moment... to realize that a being so beautiful that it can achieve HUMILITY voluntarily... one that can LOVE and have COMPASSION as WE DO...

Yet this is "just the way it is..." to us... right?

WHAT IF "WE" are the reason ... and what if they are NOT helping, because they actually HELP US induce this chaos?

RIP THE BLINDERS OFF!!!! YOU DESERVE TO SEE THE TRUTH!!!

*evilgrin*

SPout

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackCash

Like Atlanteans for instance. Some could have escaped earth with their spacecraft and recolonized elsewhere in the universe and later come back to earth to reseed the population and let them be and advance as a species on their own. The government could know about this and the aliens that we call today could actually be the Atlantians of ancient coming down to bring technology, knowledge to the government.

If you could escape why would you come back? Other than for an experiment. That's like escaping a war zone and coming back to take pictures.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Altanis and Leumaria were very real. Humans have been here alot longer than our current history tells.

The difference between today, and Atlantis/Leumaria, is that this time, the outcome has already been decided. The ascension will happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join