It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Launches Probes... to test HAARP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — Five science satellites blasted off on a single rocket into a golden sunset Saturday on a mission to figure out the source of powerful geomagnetic substorms in the Earth's atmosphere.

SOURCE | Fox News

NASA (and the DoD) has 5 new toys in orbit to measure geomagnetic storms... that occur in the ionosphere. HAARP is designed to mess with the ionosphere. Coincidence? Could these probes be a way for the DoD to measure the effects of their toy HAARP, under cover as a legit science project?

I am reaching a bit on this one, but at the same time, it does make a tad bit-o-sense.

What do you guys think?

= Yup. They are shady SOBs.
= Dunno. Maybe, maybe not.
= Ninja, you n00b... nothing shady here.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by damajikninja]

Dae

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It is in my opinion that no one thing has only one reason attached to it. There will be multiple uses for this tech, for 'legitimate research', military and private use - its just so much more cost effective!

That aside, woohoo! Im looking forward to whatever comes from this.

Did you know that geomagnetic substorms tend to create these things called plasmoids... a "plasma-magnetic entity" OooooOoo

Interesting stuff. To me it seems obvious that geomagnetic substorms are triggered by solar activity, but Im sure they are looking for specifics

Dae

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Successful launch by the way!

The spacecraft is called Themis. Now at the nasa site it says this about her:

Themis is the goddess of justice, wisdom and good counsel, the guardian of oaths, and the interpreter of the gods' will in Greek mythology. The daughter of Uranus (Sky) and Gaia (Earth), she was Zeus' second consort and the mother of the Horae (the Seasons) and the Moirae (the Fates). Legend also holds that Themis was the mother of Prometheus.

Now I go look at several sources to see what they say about the goddess Thermis. The first thing they ALL mention is that she is the goddess of Law and Order and the rest which nasa mentions. Another less NWOish description of her is the goddess of Divine Law. However, Wiki seems to make it clear that she was law of nature as opposed to law of man.

From what I can make out the satellites are rather simple it was getting a spacecraft to launch all five of them that was the hard part. After they are done measuring the substorms, they can still be used to collect data from elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
perhaps these satellites taking data on the Earth's ionosphere
will also compile data on those 'Sprites'
that bluish 'lightning' seen by astronauts, that shoots from the top of thunderstorms out into space,
sorta reversed from the normal lightning which
either goes cloud-to-cloud or strikes the Earth.

maybe those 'sprites' are whats charging up the upper atmosphere
rather than HAARP...or even contributing to the ozone depletion
rather than CFCs exclusively.
that's what the scientific instruments are for, to clear up understanding

5 at a time, good shot

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Could be short for Themistocles, greek leader during Persian War.

Sats could be to guide bunker busters

top topics

join