It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic flying saucer on Google earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
well here is a waffle images address for what ive stuck in there...
hope it works.....[http//ft.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/99/99f840f394e3def0873a3b91750f1907088da35f.jpg)if it does perhaps a link could be posted??please
thanks...guys.n gals

[edit on 19-2-2007 by bergle]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have to admit, your preface to the reason why you were posting this thread did amuse me, as if a clandestine CIA farm or entranc eto hollow earth would be found so easily, and in Antarctica of all places.

After reviewing the picture, I would say that in my opinion, the find is the result of an overactive imaginiation. The image could look like a stereotypical triangular TR-3B that we have all seen in the Belgium sighting photos, but then again it could just be a rock formation that resembles a UFO of sorts.

Keep in mind that this is Antartcica, which is roughly 5 million square miles of ice, so chances are there are probably hundreds more anomolies out there that bear some sort of resemblance to something that is unknown/alien to us.

I do commend you on your find of this object, and a good eye to find it. Although this does bear the shape of a UFO, the chances of it being an actual craft are slim to none.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
OK i give up...i was having a bi%ch of a time getting the address right anyway....
Still i find it curious that the darn thing looks so airborne in the pic i have saved....

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oh My GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD please someone check these coordinates and tell me what u think? it looks like 6 saucers circling an entrance

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The overlays on Google maps/earth can cause things to look odd anyway, especially at the poles, with the world being round you cant simply place images in straight lines. Some manipulation or overlapping has to occur in order for it to look right, I guess this could cause tops of mountains/high altitudes to appear to float. Just a thought.

Cheers

[Edit - Jees, this post was old, sorry. It was near the top of the list, weird, I'm tired]

[Further Edit - Even weirder - Blowfish responded before me thats why i saw it in the list, yet i managed to get my post in first. I do feel odd today.........]

[edit on 24/11/2008 by Jab0rnal]

[edit on 24/11/2008 by Jab0rnal]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Could somebody please post a picture of this???

I have heard much about a massive metal object in the Antarctic which is of massive interest to the US Military.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stoo

Originally posted by bergle
that isnt the pisture i have saved by the way...

Well, those are the co-ordinates you posted, right slap-bang in the middle of the lump of rock in the middle.

It's just rock and ice chap

Hmmmm well the image you posted Stoo is not the same coordinates mentioned in the OP

What's in the yellow box looks interesting but the resolution is to poor to evaluate.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
Please post it for him as the coordinates he as written down are no good to me as they need to be in degrees without the East/West stuff in it!

Your kidding right? Are people really that lazy on here these days? The OP posted (72deg10min18.75secSouth by 68deg38min55.29secEast)

Gee how hard is it to do this... 72 10 18.75 S, 68 38 55.29 E

That's all you need Google Earth is smarter than you and will fill in the degrees etc

Now on Stoo's image it shows 72 08 30.67 S, 68 30 53.15 E

Are you using an older version of GE?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer When we claim UFO, we need to have solid, irrefuatable evidence... nice and clear, no blurs, no mistakes.

Like this one?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is the coordinates from your opening post. Is this what you're looking at?

If so it looks like mountain rocks & snow to me.

[edit on 11/24/2008 by Solarskye]

I can't see photobucket pictures at work so sorry if there's a picture and I don't see it.

[edit on 11/24/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That's a neat picture. We are all interested in it's source.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Outside of the curious example Zorgon posted as example, I can only see natural features.

Check your coordinates and describe how you are seeing "skimming", which implies movement. You might be misidentifying random alignment of natural ice and rock formations.

We need to remember GE is a static record of the Earth from several satellite sources, times and conditions.

Also our species has a keen "pattern recognition" ability that fools us quite easily, so you need to have a healthy skepticism of your own observations.

The professionals know sciences like Geology, Photography, Meteorology and physics for light, reflection, refraction and so on and bring this knowledge to these investigations.

Sometimes something real will look fake, other times the inverse is true, so you need to be able to test what you see against the scientific model. Sometimes however this is not even enough. So take heart.

I do not see anything other than natural features. Can you tell us anything specifically you are seeing?

Do a screen-grab or print-screen and clip the area you are finding the evidence of your claim and post it on another free picture site. There are many that will work for Canadian locations.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, but so far I do not see anything anomalous.

ZG

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bergle

yo i got the coordinates and i dont see any ufo here they are

top topics

<< 1   >>

join