It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New measures to tackle gun crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

New measures to tackle gun crime

Source Link: news.bbc.co.uk

Tony Blair is planning urgent measures to tackle gun crime and target gangs after a series of fatal shootings.
(visit the link for the full news article)
Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Here is an interesting insight into youth gang culture in the UK:

Inside the mind of a young gangster

I guess it was only a matter of time before UK teens started gunning each other down.

I find it disgusting.

"I think that's what's motivating young people, where a gun has become almost a status symbol demanding respect and power."

Source.

Anyone can squeeze a trigger. It takes no skill, no strength. What is there to respect about a coward hiding behind a firearm?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
And you say Americans give into terror by changing they way they live because of terrorists?

seems to me that this is the M.O. of the british and most of europe.

You live in fear of people with guns, so instead of punishing those people, you just inact stricter gun laws and give in to these "terrorists."

I thought it was nearly impossible to own a firearm in england if you didnt have a ton of permits? I also thought handguns were illegal in England period. Of course, it's not the criminals gun laws hurt, its the people who abide by the law to begin with that it hurts. This is why gun legislature is a waste of time.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
And you say Americans give into terror by changing they way they live because of terrorists?

WTF?

This is about teenage gangsters carrying guns in the UK.

Not everything is about America.

Get over yourself FFS.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
right it's about UK teenages and gangs

i thought it was some half a**ed attempt to sway a bunch of opinions based on some emotional story

oh and your other thread questioning the rights of citizens to even have the right to have guns kinda gives your motives away

www.abovetopsecret.com...

good work

also congratulations on closing the latest denver international airport thread by showing links to 6 other threads about the matter ...seems to be reasonable on the surface till someone checks the links and there is no ACTIVE thread within a YEAR among the six. and other topics seem to get unlimited thread allowance if not there own sub titles with thousands of threads hmmm what were the last couple posts talking about in that thread oh ya the DIA murals of gasmasked figures with women with dead babies in the background and the possible relation to chemtrails, genocide of the black women, indian women, and the judeo/christian women as well as biological weapons being later blamed on terrorists ...nothing to see here move on

new topics

top topics

join