It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roman Empire Crucificxions Methods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Okay... I need help with this post as well. Why does it belong in a forum with an intended purpose of discussing how religion has an influence on political conspiracies?

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Jesus = Religion, so , I did this topic in the forum religion. Do you see a better forum ? Chit-Chat may be ?

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I hope they used the rope one on jesus...look's like they could have alot of fun with that one.... UP! DOWN! UP! DOWN! etc...

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 08:28 PM
link   
People might not realise it but you actually drown when you are crucified....

Beause your arms are higher than your head (I think and the way your lungs are stretched,] your lungs fill with water. That is why when they stuck a spear in his side Jesus bled water and blood.

If they want you to die faster they break your legs, that stops the person from lifting themeslves up on their legs and clearing their lungs....

And that is exactly what happened with Jesus, they were going to break his legs, but didn't need to as he was already dead.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thank you for posting that UP. Unknowingly, you have helped me with my writings on the Roman Empire.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
And that is exactly what happened with Jesus, they were going to break his legs, but didn't need to as he was already dead.

Only physically, that is...

Spiritually he was more than alive...

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just out of curriosity...Do the romans have anything outside the bible written down about jesus? Would make sense that they would, considering they killed him, right?

Same applies for egyptians and the exodus, do they have anything written outside scripture about that?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inspectah
Thank you for posting that UP. Unknowingly, you have helped me with my writings on the Roman Empire.

If I can help.....

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 12:13 PM
link   
No, they wouldn't take much notice, to the Romans he was just another troublemaker, no one special, there were many around at the time as the bible says.

To the romans he was just a minor rebel, in a small part of the empire... As they didn't WANT to kill him, there probably wasn't any reason to record it.

There are ex-biblical accounts of Jesus by people but I don't have them on me at present.

Originally posted by JamesG
Just out of curriosity...Do the romans have anything outside the bible written down about jesus? Would make sense that they would, considering they killed him, right?

Same applies for egyptians and the exodus, do they have anything written outside scripture about that?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh...something tells me that some guy who walked on water and did all sorts of other so-called miracles would've been mentioned by the people who killed him...

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Actually if a person can raise the dead that kind of ability could be applied as a weapon (This in the sense of creating an indestructable Army) If you were able to kill a person with that kind of power, you really would want to keep the whole thing as quite as possible.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Nah...someone somewhere along the lines would have said something eventually...He was supposedly very well known...as far as the bible is concerned... Unfortunatley...that's the only thing I know of that he's even mention...religion. No other documents AFAIK...

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well James one argument which might suport that something was said. Is the conversion of Rome to Chritianity to the extent it was.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yeah...That whole thing bother's me... They kill christ...then convert to his teachings...Why?

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There's a lot of reasons why a religion forms, and it has to do with the people receiving the message, the message, and the times.

Why did a religion form around Buddha? Or Confucius? Or The Bab (Bah'ai faith)? Or Mohammad? Or Sikhism (Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji)? If he had lived long enough, a larger religion might have formed around David Koresh.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 01:43 PM
link   
They converted because after his death, the Romans feared God, and they realized that Jesus was the true son of God.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Why after though? I'm sure they heard of the thing's he has done prior to thier killing him. They should definatley have heard what had happened to the egyptians as well...Yet this dosn't stop them from killing him? And then ONLY until after that, they finally decide to fear god? I think it's more complex than that...just makes absolutley no sense...

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Politics...
Now it makes sense...

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Politics? I'm sorry...I'm not following well here...

What's politic's have to do with the roman's fearing god like that?

<<   2 >>

join