It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 billion dollars lost?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
[edit on 6-3-2007 by malakia]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Maybe they should check down the back of the sofa.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My Dad fought as a Marine in Guada Canal WWII and he spend almost 2 years in a V.A. hospital near Cleveland, Ohio. I saw first hand as a child going down the hall ways of the V.A. hospital of soldiers with shell shock and missing limbs from Korea and WWII. When they say war is hell it is an understatement. My heart would pound seeing all of the wounded in wheelchairs as I walked down the hallways and it was scarry for me to see. I can still remember the smell of the V.A. hospital and I will never forget.

My Mother had to work 16 hours a day making .80 cents an hour at a canning factory when my dad was in the V.A. hospital. She had 4 kids to feed and take care of and one being myself. My Mother would come home crying with bandages and gause wrapped around her bleeding fingers and hands from cutting bad spots out of tomatoes all day. One day she came home and said I do not know what I am going to do I may have to give you up and can not make it finacially. My Mother had to pay for a baby setter and we ate alot of peanut butter, butter and salad dressing sandwiches.

I am not complaning my grandmother lived over 2 hours away and was our lifesaver. Her financial support kept us together as a family. What I am trying to say is with each War a price is paid and has a trickle down affect on society. Rik Riley

[edit on 9-3-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
ECHO4ALPHA I have a general idea of what your jobs were even though alot of choices are present lets see ECHO 18E Special Forces Communications Sergeant, 18A Special Forces Officer,180A Special Forces Warrant Officer I memorized most of the MOS's a long time ago and since you said secret missions thats what Ithought of am I close.

To the point of this thread $120 billion is the 2007 budget in Iraq. we will use this money to build schools and stuff now how much we waste is up to the insurgents who keep blowing it up. I dont think were giving them the money to buy weapons to shoot us with I think it in Iran and Syria who give them all their stuff. Peace 19 Kilo for life.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Listening to a top radio talk show a lady called in and said her husband in the armed services told her when a bomb or car bomb exploded payment in the form of cash by U.S. military was paid out to Iraqies families that were killed. Maybe that is where some of that 12 billion dollars is going. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Andy1033, that is how our government pays for things. No accountability, money out of thin air and just print more money. We in this country have worker bees that will keep on working and paying taxes. Who will miss a trillion here or a trillion there? Ever heard the term not worth a Continental? Rik Riley

Oh geeze no more checks- I think the main thing Bush didn't do was to try to keep the budget balanced. As a leader that has to be done. We're in so much debt now its up to 8 trillion dollars.

America is already feeling the sting of the national debt. With the paper money no longer backed up by gold it will only be a matter of time before the money will bottom out. With the Federal Reserve privatly owned and not by Congress. The United States only exsists in name. Trying to think back but signing this emergency bill in 1933? caused the great depression. Someone correct me if I'm off a little but I think I'm close.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
leyla, You are right on about your thinking it is just a matter of a short time we as a country will have to pay the fiddler. When China cashs in thats when the bottom falls out and remember before the great depression everything was going along fine and then the crash came along. Real Estate is a barometer of things coming it is at it's lowest ebb in many years.

Before WWII we sold the Japanese a great portion of or scrap iron and steel from the U.S. railroads and trolly rails. Guess what happened the Japanese used that surplus iron and steel and shot it back at us. Do you really think China will stay our friend when they are going after stronger Euro dollars now? Remember what I say things will turn on a dime and beware set back and watch you are already seeing the beginning signs. Rik Riley

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There is roughly 7.2 barrels per meteric ton of Crude Oil, at a temperature of 68F. It can vary depending the on specific gravity and impurities.

Most crude oil is denoted in barrels, other M100 which is heavy fuel used mainly for boiler and heating applications, Diesel, and a few other select fuels. these are expressed in Metric tons usually

Saudi light crude ( SLCO), Russian Export Blend Crude Oil ( REBCO), Jet Fuel ( JP 54, A1, etc) which are mainly used for transportation are expressed in Barrels.

There are massive amounts of fuel traded daily, there are contracts available for hundreds of millions of barrels of Rebco, and SLCO.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thank you El Fuego for clarifying how many barrels of crude oil per metric ton. In other words that is alot of oil and money to buy the oil for North Korea. I used to work in the oil exploration business as a Junior Observer and was a seismograph computer operator years ago. The oil industry has come a long way in todays oil technology extraction processes when it comes to extracting more oil from an existing oil well then it had many years ago. Rik Riley

[edit on 5-5-2007 by rikriley]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
When our troops lose their lives in Iraq it is very saddening especially for the families back home. We hand the Iraque citizens cash money when they lose a loved one during bomb attacks. How about our troops, yes I know they have upped their death benefit but it does not even come close to compensating these brave soldiers for sacrificing their lives.

The real question is did these brave troops that lost their lives give their lives for our freedom and country or Iraqs freedom. The 2 questions also asked have the troops given their lives for our oil or for an administration? You be the judge or all the above. Rik Riley

[edit on 5-5-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You are the 1st "was there " that Ive heard offer this exact accounting. I know We in America have had Our Treasury robbed by this Whitehouse and it's insider's. They are all Criminal's. Halliburton is saying they can't account for 20 billion and not a word in the Main Press or Media. They must be tracked down and held responsible. I owe My Kids and Grandkids this much. AFVET

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
iwilldefend, the robbery started when we went off the Gold standard. Billions? More like Trillions are missing inside the gov. As far as Halliburton why not move the headquarters overseas where less accountability comes into play. Think of the billions in bribes that are paid thru out the world to do business. Rik Riley

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join