It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: What if nothing happens?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I post this in the General Conspiracy Discussion because the 2012 theme seems to find its way into most of the subforums. Everywhere from Aliens and UFOs to Ancient Civilizations to Survival has at least one thread dealing with 2012.

We have many people who feel that 2012 will bring about a change to our planet. Some find there way into the camp that believes that 2012 is a year of ill dealings and negative change while others believe that it is a year of positive change for the betterment of mankind.

F rom what I can gather, the year 2012 is picked because of the Mayan calender -with that there must always be a seed of doubt about how certain this coming change will be. So, like the title of the thread suggests, what would be your reaction to a 'nothing year'; a year where aliens don't make themselves known public, the NWO does not gain full control, WWIII does not envelope our planet, humanity does not reach a higher consciousness, the apocalypse does not begin to turn its wheels, etc...

I know some are planning to bug out in the years approaching. Some are preparing themselves for the worst or the best. So it would be nice to hear their thoughts.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Nothing out of the "ordinary" will happen in 2012. At least nothing that couldn't happen any other year.

It's only 5 years away, so there's plenty of time to prepare for the nothingness.

2 cents.

Me, I'm going to do probably what I am doing now. Wasting my free time away on the 'net.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Spines,
I feel that 2012 is another ambiguous year in many predictions! I am sure many things will happen in that year but nothing out of the ordinary.

Wait, in fact I do have an idea what will happen. In the year 2012, the people who put all their money on the Mayan calendar will have a breakthrough year!! They will discover that their calculations and reading of the calendar was incorrect and that in fact the Mayan calendar now ends in the year 2021, so in fact they were correct all along but we will of course have to wait and see.

Seriously though, doubt much....for I believe that we are not to know the dates of things such as these.

Peace, Mondo

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
They will discover that their calculations and reading of the calendar was incorrect and that in fact the Mayan calendar now ends in the year 2021, so in fact they were correct all along but we will of course have to wait and see.

Ah, I agree. I see 2012, in my humble and uninformed opinion, being just another year. People banking alot on an ancient calender and hoping or fearing a change. That is why I think it appears on so many subforums...it is a convienent and 'well known' date.

But who knows, maybe there is something to it. Maybe something will happen and alot of people will be for more prepared then I.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What if they guy who made the Mayan calendar just got tired? Or assigned to a different job?

Someone looked at it and said...."dude you took the calndar out to 2012. Its only 512 now. Take a break. You are as anal as the guy working on pi."

Then the next thing you know the Spanish show up....they gets syphyllis....and never got to finish.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Personally, i somehow hope nothing will happen. No wars, no useless bickering over some land on a planet we all live on, or worse, our personal beliefs. No transformations, just our development in getting humanity back to its senses.

We should all stop doing things "In the name of god", stop praying, step out, and give the world some color. I hate awaiting for things when i could be doing just that.

How about you?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mammoth

We should all stop doing things "In the name of god", stop praying, step out, and give the world some color. I hate awaiting for things when i could be doing just that.

How about you?

I agree to some degree with your thoughts Mammoth but I do most things in the name of God, praying is a s much a part of me as breathing. I really wonder what the Mayans thought though.

Probably, "Hey these goofballs in the future are really going to be freaking out and confused...ha ha"

Anyway, peace for now...Mondo

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

How about you?

I agree to some degree with your thoughts Mammoth but I do most things in the name of God, praying is as much a part of me as breathing.

Aye, you just called out problem number one, when we do things in the name of god or any entity of any religion, face it, its what we want ourselves. We cant possibly understand the will of god, what god wants, and how god wants it done. There have been enough of such occasions where humans really wanted something done, whether good or bad, and used the cover of the name "god" to do it. I would rather take responsibility for my own actions and let god out of it.

As for praying, it's good, yeah. Maybe we use some kind of positive energy to shield what we hold dear. But i think life sometimes requires more than that. It requires our personal power to defeat what we hate about this world.

And that, is the thing that bothers me most. We wait too much, we let things slip, too much. Infact, religions let the most important things in the hands of unseen forces. I mean, heck, we didnt get our awareness of our world for nothing.

I think humans can be their own saviors, if they want to.

As for what will happen... i dont look at a positive future ahead with all the conspiracies popping up left and right, and concidering the willingness of how some among us want to wage war, for nothing. In the end, it doesnt matter, nothing matters. How rich we get, how popular we are. Its a shame todays society is based on just that. Any logical human thought would be enough to give you a realisation of what you are doing wrong, but a part of our population doesnt seem to be doing that, so we talk ourselves out of the trouble we caused.

Life is too much worth to throw it away by wars, suffering, inflicting pain. I hope the larger part of humanity will get their blindfolds removed, or something will happen in 2012, or much, much sooner.

Ah well, atleast i still have my Sax to trust.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
At the end of 2012 some crackpot 'seer' will proclaim he (she) had another revelation and some other future date will be picked.

This seer will write a book about the next apocalyptic scenario, which millions of the naive and gullible will buy. Plus fat fees from the lecture circuit.

There's some real money to be made in the conspiracy/doomsday racket.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I think humans can be their own saviors, if they want to.

By your statement, humans can be their own gods then??

Anyway, I guess we shall at least agree to disagree

Back to then topic now then.......Spines raises a good point in the thread topic and I do not think much will happen except for the obvious above posted thoughts. Interestingly enough though, there are no oppositions to them so far...where have all the Mayan believers gone to on this topic??
No doubt they are recalculating their calendars to make sure.

Peace, Mondo

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

By your statement, humans can be their own gods then??

Since when does the word 'savior' classify as being a god? What i meant, is that when you throw your materialism aside, your greed, your desire, it can be fairly easy to solve most problems on the world. If i can do it, imagine everyone doing it at a certain point.

We dont need to be gods, but in a way, we can truly 'save ourselves', if we find the motivation, the attitude, respect, honesty, understanding and love to do so.

The world would be a better place, if done in the way described above, immediatly afterwards, we would've 'saved ourselves' from some kind of selfdestruction. That is until mother earth decides she has enough of us.

Anyways, yeah, its always fair to agree to disagree, i can live with that.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hey Mammoth, by the way, who is that on your avatar?? Just curious, but back to topic. Sorry bout my response clarification, I think I was still a bit out of it from sleeping. After I re-read it, sorta did not make sense to me either. Anyway, yeah, I suppose we'll have to respect each other's opinions on some issues of course....what do you make of the beehive of activity to proclaim that 2012 is the end??

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If nothing happens.. man are a lot of people's faces going to be red.

2012! The Cosmic April Fool's Day..

I will be glad when its over, so we won't have to hear about it anymore.. save for the people that WILL say that the date was disinformation and that the real date is.. yadda yadda yadda.. just like that John Titor chap.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hey Mammoth, by the way, who is that on your avatar?? Just curious, but back to topic. Sorry bout my response clarification, I think I was still a bit out of it from sleeping. After I re-read it, sorta did not make sense to me either. Anyway, yeah, I suppose we'll have to respect each other's opinions on some issues of course....what do you make of the beehive of activity to proclaim that 2012 is the end??

That dude in my avatar is the all-too mysterious Gman from HL2. And about your question. To be honest, i'm not the kind of guy to believe in dates. To make it even better, i honestly dont care for dates. I know how futures can be changed and postponed, if we all take action and responsibility. And some things are inevitable, either its 2012 or today... I hope nothing will happen, i care too much for this world to let it go so easily. I'd hate to see it torn apart by wars or anything else.

But if it must happen... *Deep breath* I will have to accept that, but i wont panic. Infact, i would be right here, doing the best with the time i have left.

Reality has come this far that everyone jumps and even 'hope' this world will come to and end. Its like people grasp for the nearest date of destruction and start the countdown process all over again. Think people, what can you possibly gain by doing that? You should enjoy life, or whats left of it, you pick.

Cant deny the fact that something major will hit us, and affect everything. I just hope that after the rainfall the sun will shine. I've seen enough developments on ATS to notice that our future wont go without some bumps on the road.

Still, i have trust in our future, and i'm quite positive that humanity can change whatever threatens it in the future. Other than that, i cant make predictions, its just random thoughts, hope, and my own life to continue.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
something cud happen but it wouldnt be something that wud stand out it wud be happening without ppl suspecting anything

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullet Proof
something cud happen but it wouldnt be something that wud stand out it wud be happening without ppl suspecting anything

And what exactly would that be?

You seem to have some thoughts hiding behind the vague text.

What are you thoughts. I am curious and interested.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Then nothing happens... I mean,
what can one say. It certainly won't be the first time that people have worked themselves up into a frenzy..I personally think that we will spiritually evolve on that date,but that is just my hope,belief...whatever you want to call it.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
I will be glad when its over, so we won't have to hear about it anymore.. save for the people that WILL say that the date was disinformation and that the real date is.. yadda yadda yadda.. just like that John Titor chap.

Ah, but of course. If nothing comes to pass in 2012 we will hear a few things I am sure.

*The date was off a bit and they went back and found additional information within the mayan calender to show the real date.

*2012 is just the begining to the change.

*We, as a species, did not prove ourselves to be prepared and/or worthy enough for whatever change.

Hmm, I wonder what other excuses could come about.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Then nothing happens... I mean,
what can one say. It certainly won't be the first time that people have worked themselves up into a frenzy..

Very true ::remembers y2k::

However, with it being such a popular date and with so many people banking so much of their lives on that date -like DarkKnight- you would think that this one is the 'big one' as far as frenzy goes.

Not to mention that it is not restricted to just alien believers...or just NWO believers...it seems to pervaid everything in one way or another.

I am sure we will all hold our breath as the year comes and passes...and then find a new date to fear/look forward to.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would be dissapointed since I've always wanted to see some action (no matter which side, good or bad) and probably I'll be about to finish my graduation so, nothing much I guess.

But honestly? I don't know, oftenly when I used to think about my future, what would I do, where would I be, I used to have a pretty good notion about it and the thing is, I don't see myself in a near future. That's what freaks me out.

EDIT: God save the grammar.

[edit on 5/2/2007 by tunin]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join