It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario Ice Circle! Whodunit??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Here is a pic of a mysterious ice circle, 40 to 60 feet in diameter, with a two inch deep v-groove surrounding it.

Pic Courtesy: David Chevrier
Brian Vike

The river comes in from the left, goes out the right, unsure how deep the water is. The photo was taken on December 10, 2005. Still investigating possibilities.

What do you think made it?

Is it a lid/cover for an underground missile silo?
Is it a 'crop circle' made on ice?
Was it the effect of a UFO landing?

I haven't the faintest idea. What do you think it could be?

More

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
My cellphone takes better photos with better zoom than that

Someone should tell him to bring a REAL camera up there to photograph it. Something with better than 0.15mpx resolution.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I have seen rivers/streams do similar things with foam during the spring/summer/fall. If this one had appeared in the middle of a large deep lake i would have been puzzled but smaller streams do this movement all the time. One lump of ice start to twirl slowly and eventually it will grind itself and it´s borders into a perfect circle.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
I have seen rivers/streams do similar things with foam during the spring/summer/fall. If this one had appeared in the middle of a large deep lake i would have been puzzled but smaller streams do this movement all the time. One lump of ice start to twirl slowly and eventually it will grind itself and it´s borders into a perfect circle.

OK. But how about the 'V' groove running around it?? That's the mystery!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
My guess is that some local wanted to go ice skating in the winter and ringed off this section of river to prevent water flow so that it would form a nice little ice circle so they could skate on.

I believe what you are seeing is a picture of a turn in a river when it is below freezing where someone made a physical ring and inserted it into the water to prevent flow. This made them a nice skating rink in a river that would not allow it otherwise.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
My cellphone takes better photos with better zoom than that

Someone should tell him to bring a REAL camera up there to photograph it. Something with better than 0.15mpx resolution.

i imagine it's melted.. canada isn't cold ALL the time.. lol

new topics

top topics

join