It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush accusing Iran & Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
President George W. Bush accuses Iran and Syria for the latest violence that had occured in Lebanon. Mr. Bush also claims that "Iran, Syria and Hezbollah are working to destabilize the Lebanese society". Iran and Syria deny these accusations

www.alertnet.org
WASHINGTON, Jan 29 (Reuters) - President George W. Bush accused Iran, Syria and Hezbollah on Monday of fomenting the latest violence in Lebanon in a bid to topple its government and said "those responsible for creating chaos must be called to account."

"I am deeply disappointed by the recent violence and bloodshed on the streets of Lebanon," Bush said in a written statement.

"Those responsible for creating chaos (in Lebanon) must be called to account," Bush said.

"Syria, Iran and Hezbollah are working to destabilize Lebanese society," he added. "Their goals are clear."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What do you people think? I'm a little speechless...

But one thing I can point out is: "Their goals are clear." sounds like a cliche.

I don't think going around and accusing people of certain things, that might not even be true. Looks like a war's about to start soon. It's only a matter of time, before someone becomes P-O and decides to go to war (or provoke one, I think Iran is waiting for the first "punch", IMO).

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In the next few weeks, it's gonna blow up. It's more obvious everyday, especially in the last few days.

IMO, a terrorist attack during the superbowl would be well placed... Bush is suffering attack in congress, people don't believe anymore in the terrorist BS, the second battlegroup will arrive in Iran during the superbowl, Bush don't have to worry about his ``security`` policies because he lost the congress... But I don't think it will happen, even if it would be big, because it would attack another big sign of the american society, just like the WTC was for the economy.

And remember 9/11 was an inside job.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I wonder when the next "9/11" is going to happen. IF Bush planned it (remember IF, I don't want to get into sh#t for this statement)... then he will probably try to hold on to his power by bombing something else and blaming it on terrorists again, and people are going to vote for him again... I'm going to take a guess...

The statue of Liberty is next. Just a guess.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I really don't think this is what the baker group meant when they recommended to engage Iran and Syria.... but then English has always gotten the best of bush minor.

A couple of additional things... this administration have never had faith in diplomacy which in part is why the mid-east is in such turmoil. The destruction of the Iraqi state has sent reprocusions throughout the region and it is only getting worse. They wanted to influence the whole region but not as they envisioned it.

Condi rice is the most ineffectual sec. of state we have had in a very long time, she is no diplomat and never had been... if she were to actually engage the powers in that region, including Israel and Palestine in some serious talks we could possibly reign in this unraveling... but again this administration does not believe in diplomacy.

Add to that bush minors saber rattling and tough guy talk, not to mention Bolton's and Iran has abosolutly no incentive not to arm themselves to the hilt.

As for another 9/11... it would blow up in bushes face... it would give proof to the lie that he is tough on terror or that he is protecting us like nothing else would.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by grover]

[edit on 31-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I gree with you all the way, Grover. Bush is a little more brawn than brains. It may sound repulsive, but, it would be funny if another terrorist attack (planned by him of course) happens. I think everybody will want his head on a pike (literally), lies can only strech so far and thin.

Well, I got to hand it to him... he fooled the whole world.

and almost got away with it.

top topics

join