It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a Stand?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sorry been gone awhile and sorry if some one has posted somthin like this but I would just like to get some rantin' off my chest and would like to get your guys opinions...
Ok first off if you have seen the movie Sword Fish it would help in my discussion...
but in the movie travolta is a patriot that works secretly for the US government to make terrorism so horrible that no one would want to mess with the US... but i would also see why we wouldnt beable to claim that either or we would be just as bad as like hitler or who we see as horrible, but they would get the hint that if you mess with us you would pay right...
WELL IF THEY HAVE THAT OUT THERE SIGN ME UP THEY COULD COME GET ME TODAY FAKE MY DEATH SEVER ALL TIES AND START TAKIN A STAND...
how many would join somthin like that if they would show up on your door and offer it to you?
i mean the enemy is only a paper target with a little more mess to clean up...
and if you think about it wouldnt that kinda work internally for countries aswell? I mean take drug dealers for instant... a secret group could even be vigilanties witht he right ties... go to a big city... could do it all over... find a big time drug dealer and hang him from a street light... yah just another one would move in his place, but do the same to the next one... would they eventually get the hint? same with wife beaters etc. you see the government couldnt have any connection or at least look that way but they could make it look like they were really huntin for the ppl but just never get em you know what i mean like black op type stuff to fix inner and outter terrorism like in sword fish... i am not sayin i am that smart but i certainly would die doin it cuz its the right thing in my opinion... truly patriotic.. you would have to have the sense like in the movie though that you have to sacrifice a few for the greater good...
so i guess my question is... how many agree?
WOULD YOU TAKE A STAND AND JOIN SOMTHIN LIKE THAT... not the military that has to abide by the morality laws so we dont look like Nazi types... but the actual ones that would preserve our way of life by fear... you think if we had a huge op like this 911 would have happend? or if we do have one maybe we need more...
what would you guys do and what do you think?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The only problem I have here is who is actually going to determine the victims that will appear on your hit list? Who will ascertain their guilt? I am all for kicking ass on terrorists though, and if I see one I will waste him immediately.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
your leader would... leaders are much smarter than the soldiers they are leading... say the government had a group like this they would decide... i am sure it would have political pull just as well as the legal ways would... but the point would be like the movie to make it so terrible to attack america no one would... so there for if someone bombed one church here bomb 10 in there country if a drug dealer here killed on child with his drugs kill 2 of his family, whatever he/she calls it.... hang him/her in the street same with the next one till they all get the point...
as for the hitlist... the leaders with the intel would make the decision... I would just be honored to carry out the mission... would you?

join