It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Boils Water With Bare Hands

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
this guy is amazing..
I suppose you have to see it to believe it... but I could really use those magic hands.. the ladies would LOVE that..

Google Video Link

Maybe someone should let him know about that reward for "super-natural" powers...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Does anyone ever need any more proof of mind over matter? Amazing video, great find!

One thing that caught my attention was the foil and towel wrap, which is essentially an "orgone matrix". I don't believe it was coincidence, and i think ancient chinese practices may contain alot more truths to reality than people realise.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
oh please... bleach in the water, chemical reaction with the aluminum foil, releases heat and steam. Just another faith healing scam.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Now that's awesome!

It's true, Telekinesis can do some pretty amazing things once you get up there in ability. He's making the atoms of the aluminum foil and the towel move faster, causing heat.

That just makes me want to practice more.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
While there may have been something funny going on with the paper towel and aluminum foil (don't know why he specifically needed those), I don't know how he walked on paper. It did seem thicker than normal paper, I don't know what was up with that. But the people there verified it was real so I dunno. I watched carefully and he wasn't standing on the frame.

Maybe I do this accidentally.... one time I was playing darts with my friend, and when I handed them to him, they were scorching hot somehow

I dunno, if you tense all the joints/muscles in your hand and concentrate on the center of your palm, you can definately feel an excess amount of heat being generated. I don't know if this is just extra blood flowing because you are tightening your muscles or what.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
oh please... bleach in the water, chemical reaction with the aluminum foil, releases heat and steam. Just another faith healing scam.

Im no chemist. WOuld this work?

ONe thing I do know about 'Believe it or NOT' is that they are known to have aired false stories. They admit that not everything they represent is real and they advise the viewer to 'believe it or not', its up to you.

I dont believe it.

By the way, does he need his costume to do his paper walking stunt, or could he do it in street clothes?

Edit to add that I didnt see him boiling water.
Did I miss it?

[edit on 28-1-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Whilst the water heating mite be shrugged off easily, the walking on paper demonstrates his talent perfectly.

"if you believe you can walk on water, with every single part of your being, you will walk on water".

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
. . . By the way, does he need his costume to do his paper walking stunt, or could he do it in street clothes?

. . .Edit to add that I didnt see him boiling water.
Did I miss it?

Obviously he should be able to do it in normal clothes. It's not like he has magical garments that contribute to his abilities. If they are real, then they reside in him. But if you were on television, wouldn't you want to dress up nicely, rather than show up in torn sweatpants and a t-shirt?

He didn't literally boil water in the video, the title is slightly misleading. He got the water to within 10 degrees of boiling, hotter than you should be able to do with your bare hands. "Man boils water" sounds much better than "Man near-boils water" though. Also, just because they didn't show him boiling water, or stopped before he did, doesn't mean he wasn't capable of it. If it kept going, assumedly he would easily be able to get the temperature up another 10 degrees.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Im no chemist. WOuld this work?

Yes, absolutely. There are several chemicals that will cause a strong reaction with aluminum and give off heat and steam. Chlorine, Bromine, most acids.

By the way, does he need his costume to do his paper walking stunt, or could he do it in street clothes?

In street clothes maybe but not in bare feet I'd bet. Look closely at his socks... it looks he has an innersole inside his socks to spread his weight over more area. Even the reporter thought he "almost had it" when he stepped on the paper - a small guy with big feet could stay suspended on the paper with some care.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Rats! I am out of aluminum foil!

I can't wait to try this at home and see if I can produce something similar with the chlorine method. If it hadn't snowed last night, I'd be on my way to the store.

Can someone give this a try and post the results?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
PLEASE Don't try this at home! The fumes given off from certain chemicals and household cleaners reacting with aluminum can be toxic or at the very least corrosive.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yeah, mixing stuff like bleach, chlorine, ammonia, and pool chemicals will create massive amounts of poison gas. Not exactly something you want to do indoors.

If you don't take my word for it, look under your bathroom sink for something that says "Warning: Do not mix with ________", and mix them together. Just do it in extremely small amounts, outdoors.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I didn't mean to advocate any dangerous behaviour. I just want to see if exposing aluminum foil to bleach will create heat.

I'll get some foil next time I am in town and see what happens. I'll do the experiment myself and assume the risk.

I used to use chlorine bleach to clean with all the time inside my house, and I know not to mix it with other cleansers. I'll be safe.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sounds like the recipe for a Drano bomb.... which we shouldn't be talking about.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
But if we must.. this explains it along with the chemical reaction.

everything2.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
did you all forget the fact they had a thermal camera? and it was clearly evident that his hands were actually increasing in heat...

as for the street clothes and the paper walking..

You obviously don't understand martial arts if you are asking if he can do that in street clothes..

Walking on paper is a method of Soft Qigong.... to do Hard Qigong you need to balance it with Soft Qigong... which is something like walking on paper, or painting while standing on eggs, etc.. stuff like that.

It isn't a demonstration of super-powers ... its a balancing act, it's a way to control and channel the internal Qigong (Chi / Energy)

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
guys you are all misunderstanding what hes doing. and that is pyrokenisis, the ability to heat up stuff to outstanding tempratures, and then there is cryokenisis, the ability to cool something down to freezing tempratures.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am not implying that this can't be done with one's own energy, I just think I should attempt to rule out the other, more obvious answers first.

Thanks for the link Dulcimer, I am going to check it out.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I like how people dismiss this guy so irrationally.

Bleach? Are you serious? Do you not think the guy he was doing it on would have not noticed? Firstly there would be the smell, and secondly the irritation caused by the bleach on the skin.

They also used a thermal camera which clearly showed his hand was heating up.

Soles in his socks? Hahah thats pathetic. And the guy who said "i almost had it" was being sarcastic! Can you not tell sarcasm by the fact he also said how little pressure he put on it before it broke.

Even with great video evidence, there will always be some who still can't except these things are possible

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with telekinesis period. It has to do with Chi and being able to direct energy that comes from the solar plexus area.

How do I know?

I have seen it first hand with a monk in Bali, in fact this guy could generate a electrical charge that if you touched his belly area it would shock the hell right out of you.

He also helped heal a couple of people with sever eye infections within a couple of minutes.

And I saw the fire trick as well, it was amazing and I am a believer.

And I asked many, many questions which he answered.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Realtruth]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join