It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam had ordered Atta training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Link:
www.indianexpress.com...

Also here:
www.worldnetdaily.com...

news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2003/12/14/wterr14.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/12/14/ixnewstop.html&secureRefresh=true&_requestid =23174

www.worldpress.org...
*"Czech Spies Still See Iraqi Connection to Sept. 11"*

www.opinionjournal.com...

www.frontpagemag.com...

It seems that when it rains, it often times pours, or does it?

Accordingly:
"LONDON, DECEMBER 14: The mastermind of the September 2001 attacks in the US, Mohammad Atta, was trained in Baghdad by a Palestinian terrorist at the instance of deposed Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, a media report said today.

Atta, who was trained by Palestinian terrorist Abu Nidal, visited Baghdad just weeks before the terror attack, The Sunday Telegraph reported. The details of Atta�s visit are contained in a secret memo, written to Hussein by the former head of Iraqi intelligence service Tahir Jalil Habbush Al-Tikriti, it said.

The handwritten memo, a copy of which has been obtained by the daily is dated July 1, 2001 and provides a short resume of a three-day ��work programme�� Atta had undertaken at Nidal�s base in Baghdad. In the memo, Habbush reports that Atta ��displayed extraordinary effort�� and demonstrated his ability to lead the team that would be ��responsible for attacking the targets that we have agreed to destroy.��

Although Iraqi officials refused to disclose how and where they had obtained the document, Ayad Allawi, a member of Iraq�s ruling seven-man presidential committee, said the document was genuine.

��We are uncovering evidence all the time of Saddam�s involvement with Al Qaeda,�� Allawi said. ��But this is the most compelling piece of evidence that we have found so far. It shows that not only did Saddam have contacts with Al Qaeda, he had contact with those responsible for the September 11 attacks.��

This picture, again, springs to mind:

Comments or thoughts anyone?

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Personally I dont buy it. To me it seems that things are coming to surface rather rapid after the capture of Saddam, Too rapid. Almost as if they are trying to justify the capture of him and take the peoples eye away from lack of capture of the WMD's that they claim he has. Now I am not supporting Saddam in any way but I do not agree with his capture for the reasons they stated. Bush says he will be tried for 3 decades of tyrany, thats past references and has nothing to do with Sept 11. They should have done this the first three times when they had the chance and not wait till years later when nothing has evolved from him.
He may have had contacts with Al-Quida but that doesnt mean he was a part of it, I know lots of people that do undesireable things as far as I am concerned but that doesnt mean I am a part of what they do. My thoughts have been and still continue to be that there are several people who planned Sept 11 and are still planning future events that we wouldnt even think of. I think its alot bigger than Saddam, or even Osama for that matter. People such as government officials of various nations, or those who havent been heard of in a while like Arafat. You can never count those guys out and the pefect timing for them because they are kinda forgotten about in a sense. As far as the ordering of training goes(which I dont believe) it is possible that there is truth to this but if it is I would guess he got orders from someone else to do this, If he was part of everything I think he would have been on a need to know basis due to the fact the problems we had in the past with him, so his superiors would figure the U.S. would be having their eyes on him from just about the beginning. Remember, theres no room for mistakes....the more people you tell something to, the more that will find out. Well thats my thoughts about it.

P.S. Be gentile when bashing me people..........I am fragile(isnt that French)

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
No bashing intended Dip...
I thank you for posting your comments.
Thats what I was really after anyhow, was anyones comments or thoughts, and I certainly apprecite yours ..thanks.

regards
seekerof

new topics

join