It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something i'd like to say.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hello,

ATS has to be one of the most coolest sites on the net. Its a huge board, and that means they have to have stricter rules.

People need to realise... Membership to ATS doesn't cost anything. Its free.

So, before people start saying that the site is bias, look around. Find something that interests you (and you will) and stop bickering that the rules are too strict.

But the point im trying to make is that Its Free, and moderated by by kind volunteers that devote their time to ATS. That needs to be reconized and appreaciated.

Enjoy ATS, peeps. Its a great site to be a member of.

Thank you for your time.

-TheDesigner

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Heck!!!!

If it really was a strict as some would like us to believe, I would have been banned a long time ago...

I'm really not kidding...

Semper

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You Know, I Was Just Thinking The Same Thing!

But then again, I might be biased.

(And yeah, if ATS was really all that uptight, I would have been banned -- justly, I might add -- in my first couple of weeks here.)

[edit on 1/27/2007 by Majic]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I would have been banned a long time ago...

I always feel threads like this are some sort of mutual masturbation session, but yes, ATS has a good thing going.
I've been around for a while, and I've violated the T&C, and stepped on a few toes from time to time.
But I've yet to get a "WARN", and you can see I'm not banned.

It's the moderation of this board that attracts me because it maintains a certain focus in the threads. We don't see a topic descend into a series of posts that serve no other purpose than to degrade the person that posted last.

ATS members are forced to stay on-topic in a thread, personnel insults are verboten, and the boards run smoothly.
What more could we ask for ?

EDIT: For the purpose of editing.

[edit on 27/1/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Here's what gets me, and yesterdays attempt to provoke the Administrators is what has inspired this.

The members that create a thread, ranting and raving, over how the "No Good" Administrators/Staff of this site are out to censor, silence, etc. the "truth". In this blatant attempt to silence the member, they are given ample opportunity to vent and express any frustration. To top it all off, the member is awarded the ability to vent, with no reprimand or punishment, and their thread is not even trashed. It is only closed which remains within the forums for anyone to view.

Maybe this is the "Eastern Canadian" coming out of me, but am I missing something?

We bitch about these guys on a power trip who are out to silence us, yet we have ample opportunity to remind everyone how pissed off we are. Do we not comprehend the true meaning of silenced? Rather than quickly trashing the thread, post banning or placing the member on Global Ignore, and telling the gathering crowd to move along, they stop and take the moment to acknowledge the member's frustration and try to reason.

For anyone who is whining about silencing on this site, Do you not see the hypocrisy?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
To top it all off, the member is awarded the ability to vent, with no reprimand or punishment, and their thread is not even trashed. It is only closed which remains within the forums for anyone to view.

Just to get that situation out in the open, when it came to my attention that this user intentionally tried to put fake information onto ATS in order to hoax members and guests, I quite swiftly banned this user.

We are here to enjoy ourselves and collaborate, we as a community do not need people trying to purposely cause problems. Hoaxers as far as I am concerned can look forward to an immediate ban.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Just to get that situation out in the open, when it came to my attention that this user intentionally tried to put fake information onto ATS in order to hoax members and guests, I quite swiftly banned this user.

We are here to enjoy ourselves and collaborate, we as a community do not need people trying to purposely cause problems. Hoaxers as far as I am concerned can look forward to an immediate ban.

Awesome, I am sometimes penalized for my rather rash ideas and comments but I hjave found that if you express them intelligently and not profanely you will be alright. Also, I dont believ in posting false or deceptive information. I think this undermines the entire idea of what ATS stands for, and thats to deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDesigner
Enjoy ATS, peeps. Its a great site to be a member of.

Thanks designer, I agree!

It's a good point you make. ATS is free, and the barely intrusive ads might even eventually allow some of the hard working people who run it to make a car payment or two with the profits. As it is now, it's more a labor of love methinks. The people who run ATS are lovers of information at their core, and I respect every one of them for that reason. Information is the lego(tm), and it is we whose hands choose those legos and what creation will be built. Each thread is like a lego. For example, WyrdeOne's threads are like the grey jet-engine lego, which every kid coveted (because how can you ever have too many engines on your lego ship?) whereas my threads are more like that green six-button lego which is rarely used (who builds with green legos?). I know the analogy is imperfect, but you get the idea. With enough cool threads, you could build a really cool truth.

I have a feeling that what we write as members of ATS will be read for many years to come.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I had just noticed that the member actually was banned, but I do not believe it detracts from the message whatsoever. Members who whine of being silenced, are given the opportunity to vent their frustration. If it is done in accordance with the T&C, it seems that action is rarely taken. With the aforementioned, it was almost frustrating that nothing had been done with this character. A member who was voicing his displeasure on being silenced was allowed every opportunity to trash those who permitted him to be here in the first place. The hypocrisy in his posts was literally spewing from the corners.

Yet, he was permitted to stand on his own two feet. As staff rolled into the thread and tried to reason, he still would not come down off the soap box and talk respectfully.

I get frustrated when I see people, with a blatant agenda, criticizing the neutral position we see on ATS.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

That guy was dumb. There is a thread on BTS which is specifically designed for fakes, and everyone who posts there has a whole lot of fun laughing at some of the things posted. There are some true masterpieces in there.

Your Hoax Pictures

top topics

join