It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Ejected from Flight Due to Unruly Toddler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

AirTran Airways on Tuesday defended its decision to remove a Massachusetts couple from a flight after their crying 3-year-old daughter refused to take her seat before takeoff.

AirTran officials said they followed Federal Aviation Administration rules that children age 2 and above must have their own seat and be wearing a seat belt upon takeoff.

"The flight was already delayed 15 minutes and in fairness to the other 112 passengers on the plane, the crew made an operational decision to remove the family," AirTran spokeswoman Judy Graham-Weaver said.

Good.

If parents can't control their kids, why should the rest of us have to suffer?

This 3-year old child was unwilling to take her seat, and the parents were powerless to resolve this situation.

How much of a twit do you have to be, if a three-year old can browbeat you into submission, and then proceed to pummel you with tiny fists? These parents ought to be ashamed of themselves, but of course they perceive the problem to be the airline's lack of tolerance for their uncontrolled child.

Pick the kid up, put them in the seat, fasten the belt, and tell them in no uncertain terms that the result of further misbehavior will be unpleasant. End of problem. If the problem persists, remove yourself from the plane and deal with the problem, then get the next flight.

This kid was attacking the parents! What utter garbage! Adults have got to re-learn their responsibilities, primary among them are asserting dominance and demanding respect from children.

Seriously though, is this rash of uncontrollable kids the result of too much touchy-feely love nonsense on the part of parents, and a lack of physical discipline? I think so...

If you bring a dog onto an airplane and it starts mauling the passengers and pissing on the seats, what do you expect the flight attendants to do, smile wistfully and say "They're so cute when they're that age", or something to that effect?! They'll call animal control, and rightly so. Should it be any different for kids?

NO!

If you can't control your child in public, I suggest you stay at home until you've found a way to remedy the situation.

I'm sick of kids running rampant through neighborhoods, stores, theaters, and restaurants. If nothing else we need to have a supply of soft, but strong, nets readily available in public places, along with hooks bolted to solid walls about four feet off the ground.

If someone else has a kid that's totally out of control, just net 'em, hook 'em, and go on about your business. The child is unharmed, ready and waiting to get picked up whenever mom and/or dad decides to get back to the business of parenting.

Sounds like a solution, eh?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I agree 110%!
I have asked people to leave my store before for the same reason. Why would any parent want to let their child grow up with no control?
It's actually better for the child to learn to obey rules.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Good for the airline.
Now if restraunts amd movie theatres did the same.
Dang brats.

new topics

join