It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Bear-like Creature near Terre Haute, IN, US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't know if someone was dressing up or if was a monster boar. I've seen it once. It was pretty scary.
Discription:
Dark, thick-haired creature. Walked flat-footed like a bear. Had a large hump on its back that sloped down to its rear. Bear-like face but with a longer muzzle. Makes a strange, hollaring noise at night every great once in a while, sounds kind of like a hyena's "whoop". Reports of it attacking and mutilating my neighbor's dogs.
That's all that I know about it. Haven't seen it since 1996 and haven't heard of it since 1998. I think that it could have been a lose bear, I'm not sure though. It's probaly dead.
Speaking of animals, wildlife in my region get pretty big. The coyotes are almost as big as wolves. I saw a 15-point buck once, thought it was a horse until I saw the rack. The does get big, too. One time a hunter shot a boar that was about 4 foot at the shoulder.
The creature I saw was probaly a bear, I must admit. The nearest circus I know of is up in Indy. Gives you some thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This happened back in 1998? Its 2007, most likely whatever it was (my guess a bear) is probably either dead or long gone. Why did you wait so long to tell us?.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Interesting story, thanks for sharing it with us.

I am curious, have you seen any bears in the wild before? Perhaps it was just a bear, the description sounds like one.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Woah. Perhaps another hogzilla or an undisovered species of bear. How tall was it? was 9+ feet? If so it was probably a short-faced bear. These bears are supposedly extinct but would explain 90% of large bear/wolf sightings because they are excptionally tall and have a face similair to that of a pug, hence the name.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Is there any particular reason why the animals in your area would seem bigger than elsewhere?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Now, that's what I'm talking about. A beer-liking creature.

Does he like the domestic/imports/dark/light/lager/pilsner...? What...?

new topics

top topics

join