It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news:Hostages held in Russian school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here you go...
idsnews.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
117 DEAD

650 ALIVE

Though we don't know in what state the hospitalised ones are.
15% have died in the action- isn't this the average for CT operations?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Link!

Russian SOBR or OMON marksman with Dragunov SVD.

MOSCOW, Russia (CNN) -- Eleven hostages taken by rebels from Chechnya in two Dagestani villages have been freed and at least six of the rebels killed, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov told Russian news services.

Seven other rebels were reportedly killed in a separate incident.

"At the current time, we have an organized pursuit to find the remaining criminals," Ivanov said Tuesday.

At least three groups of rebels crossed into the Russian region of Dagestan just before dawn Tuesday, according to Sergei Livantsov, a spokesman for the Russian border guard service. Livantsov said the guards detected one group but were ambushed when they went to intercept them.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
thanks for the info Fulcrum...

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Wish that would happen here!

Your comment is the essence of idiocy. I had you on my ignore list and I have no idea why I saw your post. You need to grow up, or a brain and think before you post.

Oh and welcome back to my ignore list....

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
you are really something..

You explode at and judge people without knowing anything about them..

Drunk is a teacher, teaches little kids..

And that was a J-O-K-E!

(Quite harsh one, but still a joke..)

To the topic:

Russian security forces 'own'!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
www.kavkaz.org.uk...

Kavkaz..

Mujahideen beheaded the chief of the border patrol.

�If somebody in Moscow thinks that we will only keep fighting inside Chechnya, they are totally wrong. The time of patience and hopes that the world would ever stop Putin?s gang of murderers is gone. On our behalf it would have been stupid to refuse to conduct strikes on the enemy?s rears. There will no longer be peaceful life. The war will keep expanding and sooner or later it will reach Putin?s office in the Kremlin, Insha Allah (God Willing!)�

And funny how they dont mention that they took hostages..

Bastards..

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, Russia once shot down a plane full of civilians rather than give to terrorist demands. Not suprised they gassed the whole place.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The Moscow theatre incident was handled the way it was because it seems that the price of a life in Moscow is much less than in other parts of the world. Witness the payouts by the Russian government to force families to shut up.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Well, Russia once shot down a plane full of civilians rather than give to terrorist demands. Not suprised they gassed the whole place.

Russia did shot down or USSR did? (KAL 007..?)

Well anyhow..

Gassing was a good and wisest thing to do.

Not telling the doctors nothing about the gas was another..

Many people taht could have been saved died because doctors didnt know how to save them and from what..

(Had the authorities told the gas used they would have incriminated themself, and having Putin in charge rather than in jail is good..)

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well, if whoever handles this situation, uses something that will poison the kids, they shouldn't be doing that job, thats for sure.

Hopefully it will be quick, maybe even the gunmen will give up, after they see they are overpowered. One downside that has a %40 chance of happening - Kids taken as human shields. I dunno how likely, but that is a guess. If they do, the Russians will have a tricky situation on their hands..

EDIT: Saw the updates - good job..but were those 170 alive and 650 dead stats for this mission?

-wD

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
price of a life in Moscow is much less than in other parts of the world.

Best to talk..

Its not Russians killing Iraqi children over nothing..
(in Chechenya there is least a good reason and cause..)

And anyhow,

Russians have the right mind set:

You dont # with them and live.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny
117 DEAD

650 ALIVE

Though we don't know in what state the hospitalised ones are.
15% have died in the action- isn't this the average for CT operations?

But this is not issue at hand..

This is history..

That Dagestan thing is the topic here..

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
you are really something..

You explode at and judge people without knowing anything about them..

Drunk is a teacher, teaches little kids..

And that was a J-O-K-E!

(Quite harsh one, but still a joke..)

To the topic:

Russian security forces 'own'!

Fulcrum,

First of all I really don't care what drunk does for a living. Wishing death upon innocent people is idiodic. I 100% sure you agree with me. Also, I do know a little about Drunk's personality and from the past posts i've read from him he really doesn't contribute to ATS except in a humorous way. Now I'm all for a little humour. however, his post on this thread was WAY out of bounds. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you but I know that my post is justified. Oh, and by the way, what exactly do you mean by I " am something"

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29MV29

Originally posted by drunk
Wish that would happen here!

Your comment is the essence of idiocy. I had you on my ignore list and I have no idea why I saw your post. You need to grow up, or a brain and think before you post.

Oh and welcome back to my ignore list....

he is just drunk...

he still deosnt know what he is talking about...

forgive him....

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Fulcrum,

I believe that the Russians handled the Moscow theatre incident very poorly. It was also a bad image to present to the rest of the world. Showing that even though Russia has changed so to speak it still does not value the life of an average citizen very highly.

In regards Iraq, I am not aware that US soldiers are being sent their to deliberately kill children nor would they want to.

As a student of war and warfare you are aware of collateral damage and you know that the US is probably better than anyone these days at reducing it. Unlike the Russians for example.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join