It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OPEC: Keep oil prices high or we destroy US currency!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That is the obstensible message being delivered by OPEC to U.S. policy and energy makers today based on my reading of this article.

This also continues my thesis that there is an undeclared war against the U.S. dollar currently taking place across the globe as nations antagonistic to US foreign policy and hegemony exert financial pressure on this country in order to tailor the administration's actions or decisions going forward.

You can read that thread here.

Remember everyone, this is all our making -- and will be our undoing. US consumers' unprecedented spending free-for-all has placed the health of the U.S. dollar into the hands of some of our worst enemies. And they now can potentially control our fate.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by behindthescenes]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
sounds like it can be a lame excuse to keep oil prices high.
It seems a bit paranoid to say there is an undeclared war on the dollar, but if some countries did take such an approach you could harldy blame them. I know Venezuela and Iran were suggesting trading oil in the euro instead of the dollar, hardly surprising when USA organised a coup against its leader and they have threatened to nuke Iran. USA's foreign policy has disgusted many other nations of the world, so maybe a rethink of declaring illegal wars on other nations through lies (WMD) would be a good thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Its not the US consumers spending that is at fault, its the US government. How do you think they maintain $400 Billion deficits?

With screwball political BS programs like welfare, social security (which we wouldnt need if it werent for the inflation caused by the over-expansive fiscal policy of the federal reserve needed to keep up with US government spending), medicaid, and illegitamite wars... the only real surprise is that our currency has lasted this long.

I think the corporatations that control our government are purposefully trashing our currency so they can bring in the North American Union under the "Amero"

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am not fully sure, but I would not be surprised if the low oil price is part of the Western strategy to further isolate Iran.

ROME – Israel's chief rabbi on Wednesday accused Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of 'trying to imitate Hitler' and urged the international community to isolate him.

Source

As I suggested in another thread, Iran might very well have a plan on the table for a regime change in Saudi Arabia, which would have two major consequences: - an Iranian supporting Shia Saudi regime and a catastrophic effect on the world oil supplies / monopoly.

US military support...

Countries such as Israel and the Gulf states are being equipped with advanced Patriot missile systems, in preparation for missile counter-attacks that Iran is expected to launch, after it has been bombed.

Source

in exchange for low oil prices:

Thursday, 18: Another volatile session today with the price of light sweet crude going as low as $49.90 during the day. An over-supply of crude and lower demand has caused crude prices to fall. Also easing prices is a statement by Saudi Arabian oil ministers that there is no need for an emergency meeting in February.

Source

Result: Iran rapidly becomes further isolated, its economy badly damaged and local discontentment even worse.

[Ahmadinejad:]“A friend told me that prices had gone up and a kilo of tomatoes cost 12,000 rials ($1.3),” he said — before being interrupted by MPs who shouted that tomatoes were being sold for 30,000 rials (3.2 dollars) a kilo.

Unimpressed by the heckling, Ahmadinejad replied: “Come and do your shopping in my neighbourhood. Why shop in expensive places?”

“The government is proud of controlling inflation,” he insisted.

Source

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's one interesting theory....

could Iran and certain Middle Eastern nations be trying to devalue our dollar and spiral our economy as a preventative measure against our possible attack on Iran later this year?

It's a thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well we have oil in the US so lets take it away from the privatization and to the rightful owners the people.

Like that we do not need their oil anymore, lets used what is ours.

join