It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palastinians upset at Saddams capture.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
As usual these guys back the wrong horse and threaten to attack the US for capturing Saddam.
www.alertnet.org...

Palestinian President Yasser Arafat and his government made no comment. But Abdel-Aziz al-Rantissi, a senior leader of the militant Hamas group, said the United States would "pay a very high price for the mistake" of capturing Saddam. "What the United States did is ugly and despicable. It is an insult to all Arabs and an insult to Muslims," he told Reuters.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
they are mad cause they now have ni one to shoot SCUDS a isreal now

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well, if they think they can take on the U.S. in a 1 on 1 war..they got another thing coming, I can tell ya that..

-wD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hamas and others may be upset or taken back by this event, but Iran is quite happy over his capture:
"IRANIANS "HAPPY" AT THE CAPTURE OF SADDAM HOSEYN"
Link:
www.iran-press-service.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Why would the Palestinians be upset at the capture of Saddam? Do they believe or know that their struggle is attached to Saddam's operations?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Saddam's government, prior to his fall, was paying Palestinian 'martyr' families 15,000 to 20,000 dollars, if not more.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think they saw him as a role model for their own struggle - oppressed leader fighting against oppressive others.

Now how can they ask - again - for US help after making that statement, they are often their own worst enemies politically.

Hey seekerof, good point I forgot about that ....

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Seekerof,

thanks I needed to be reminded of that.

they say money can buy you friends but not lovers.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think Arafat will be "captured" soon, and the Palestinians crushed. The US will invade Iran. All before Bush is re-elected.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Netchicken, you beat me to the punch on this one.

Stirfry, Israel can capture Arafat whenever they want to. His location is not a secret, it would be just a matter of sending some soldiers to fetch him. They don't do that for political reasons.

You may want to consult a map before you speculate on any Palestinian-Arab role in Iranian pipeline theories.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Mycroft: sorry to break this to you the Israel can't touch Arafat. They've been warned. The US isn't going to stand for that. They'll face heavy sanction if they remove on little hair off his slowly balding head.

Let's not pretend Israel is an independant nation. They don't move unless we give the nod. It's pathetic.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
But think of the alternatives Saphronia, would you want to see Israel with all restraints lifted? ....

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice the irony in the Hamas statement?

"What the United States did is ugly and despicable. It is an insult to all Arabs and an insult to Muslims,"

Saddam was NOT muslim. In fact on the bedroom wall of the hut he was "living" in they found a picture depicting Noahs Ark (A Christian story).

Just found it a bit odd.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If I was Palastinian I would be upset too, for selfish reason to be sure but still. Not that they should have any great love for the man, but it is possible to hate a mans actions in some respects, and love others.

I'd be hateful and wary of ANY U.S. action in the middle east, but then again I already am.

Go here is learn a bit about the other side set forth in a constructive and supported manner

www.jatonyc.org...

It's the Jew's Against the Occupation website

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"senior leader of the militant Hamas group, said the United States would "pay a very high price for the mistake" of capturing Saddam. ""

This coming from a man that targets jewish children.

Then celebrates because he has done a relgious honour? to kill cilivians and children???

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
palestins..

I don't care anymore on them, they keep bombing and killing innocent ppl

It's time for israel to strike back once and for all

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
some people here turn things around so that they fit their thoughts and then even take consequence out of it..thats not very cleaver, like strinking back, back ?? or forth...i gues forth he..
did u ever liked others then people from the states that think like u do jasper....

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph
some people here turn things around so that they fit their thoughts and then even take consequence out of it..thats not very cleaver, like strinking back, back ?? or forth...i gues forth he..
did u ever liked others then people from the states that think like u do jasper....

ofcourse i do like other ppl then ppl from the states
lol

It's just that the palestins are going to far, they keep bombing and arafat can't and maybe won't do a bit about it!
fight fire with fire

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasperaldo

Originally posted by jozuph

ofcourse i do like other ppl then ppl from the states
lol

It's just that the palestins are going to far, they keep bombing and arafat can't and maybe won't do a bit about it!
fight fire with fire

thx for the answers, ow ja the palestines are fighting fire with fire ....

top topics

join