It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Interests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi All,
I have a question. There is this whole theory/idea that special interests have their hands in govt, specifically big corporations. For instance, I read somewhere once that big corporations will set up charities, or other types of organizations (company funded) that lobby law makers. Where would one start if one wanted to do research on this stuff? Is there a watchdog group out there already doing this research? Just looking for a little direction here. Hopefully this is the right forum.

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by postings]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Found my own answer. I wonder if there are any other forums that would be interested?

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by postings
Found my own answer. I wonder if there are any other forums that would be interested?

www.opensecrets.org...

Interesting Link postings!! Good find!! They are kinda like the ConsumerReports of the Political World. Let's hope that they really are as balanced and non bias as they say they are.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thank you, it was a pretty interesting site actually. It kinda got me fired up, because up until this point, I found it VERY difficult to vote for our leaders because it is difficult to tell what are lies and what isn't. How do we know we can trust that the next president, or whoever will do what we elect them to do? This site helps a little because it gives us insight into what contributions candidates have received, and therefore what their biases are going to be. I don't see them voting for anything that would threaten the interests of those who back them unless they truly have balls. It is kinda like research into whether a particular soap is toxic being conducted by a third party, but funded by the same company that makes the soap. You can pretty much gaurantee that the company doing the research will find in favor of it's biggest source of funding, know what I mean?

-p

Originally posted by mOjOm

Originally posted by postings

www.opensecrets.org...

Interesting Link postings!! Good find!! They are kinda like the ConsumerReports of the Political World. Let's hope that they really are as balanced and non bias as they say they are.

top topics

join