It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hello sleeper,

What was the "mothman" which terrorized point pleasant in the 50's?

Made a great movie.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12
Nice imaginative work, though I'd ask forum members to use a little common sense and enjoy fiction for what it is.

Hello Lightworker12.

Thanks for your comments, and thanks for you sincere concern for us. You seem to be a decent sort of fellow, and most folks can appreciate that.

However, what Sleeper is saying here is nothing new. The same kind of story has been told countless of times in various different forms over the span of ages, here on earth and elsewhere all throughout the universes as well. Religious and philosophical speculation is a topic of infinite magintude. There is no end to it.

(The difference here being that instead of reading an old dusty book, you get to interact with an experienced Author and actually get to ask a few questions.) But anyway, what Sleeper is saying here is nothing new.

Apparently you are not aware of that, probably because you are uneducated regarding all of the other similar literature that abounds all around us and is usually sitting right under the noses of most people who think that they know everything about what they see, but they don't.

What are the similarities and differences between the Hindu, Chinese, Tibetan, Japanese, Korean, etc., religions and philosophies? If you can answer that question then you know more than most, and would probably be able to give a somewhat adequate critique of Sleeper's material.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate your comments, and can understand the level from which you are coming. Read a thousand-and-one books on philosophy, logic, and comparative religions (like I did), then come back and tell us all about it.

(Incidentally, I made a post similar to yours about 150 pages ago.)

Thanks again.

PS: The journey up to the top of the stairway to heaven is a long and interesting climb, and each step along the way can be like a different level of understanding. If we step upward we reach a 'higher' level of understanding. If we step downward we get to a lower level of understanding. No step is completely and absolutely perfectly 'true' or 'false' as the complete picture only awaits us way up at the top, etc. So journey onward and upward if you can. And don't be in such a great hurry, because the journey may be an everlasting one, so why rush?

[edit on 9/21/2007 by Rudolph_X]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

Originally posted by hihorizon
sleeper...

When we move on after death do we remember our loved one's?

We do

If we were to express love in a long term relationship would we have that relationship in the next life or remember who we loved or in the free zone before we take on another life, etc?

You would remember until you entered the next slice of time.

hmmm...this is all pretty interesting. (life and death.)
Having grown up in an evangelical milieu (I was a Christian missionary for a couple of years and worked with some of the top people in the Christian industry...what a term, but appropriate, I suppose) - anyway, obviously I had some pretty set thoughts about death.

But after my own experience with N.D.E., and O.B.E. (there all discussed somewhere in threads on this board to some extent...), I have begun to question my perspective on the whole concept of death and dying.

Its easy for anyone to speculate and have an authoritative opinion on what happens after death, as no one knows until they die if their belief was right or wrong.
(Even Solomon said we go to the ground to be eaten by worms...and who knows if a mans spirit rises and an animal doesnt after death - old wise Solomon)

Once you see the dead body laying there, there is just no proof to say what that person may be experiencing - beyond the deterioration of their body.
(Again, the N.D.E.s experience says nothing at all, and I have expanded upon why this is so in another post around here at ATS)

I know for many, who have set beliefs...this is a hard concept to swallow.
Its hard for anyone to think that once they die, they disperse and 'reincarnate' (not how you think) as food for worms, etc. Sounds down right depressing - I dont blame people for trying to believe in something.

Science, is the closest thing that we can know as a fact, that will eventually allow people to extend their lives. In what manner is yet to be seen. But there are many promising technologies on the horizon. Yes, again, for religious people it may appear that science is trying to be God...but this is another can of worms altogether.

I appreciate peoples view points on the after life...and have not closed off to the idea - after all, we do know for sure that we feed worms...not a promising career in the after life - but if there is a soul that remains intact, thats cool.

My point is, can someone actually bring proof to the table, or will we continue to have what we have had for centuries, stories and great tales of fantasy which cannot be proven (again, proven in the here and now) - and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

That is the tricky part, until we understand and master how the brain operates.
I will go ahead and say this. Imagine that someone dies...really dies, I mean a brain dead person after 4 days. When they wake up they may recount to you what seems like an eternity.

But think of this...your heart dies, then your brain (last thing to go)
I have seen (father in law) die. With this, I have seen different 'stage' of death.
When the brain goes, it is 'empty' indeed...quite a sobering experience.

The brain shoots off its chemicals giving you 'what you deserve' or at least what you believed. Heaven or hell. Like a dream that last seconds but seems like days, years, and months (a day is like a thousand years) - you get your afterlife.

So if you woke this brain dead person up after 4 days...what would he/she tell you?
Could you verify it was the afterlife, or just the last shots of chemicals that went off in their head.

Also, of all the N.D.E.s it amazed me how each N.D.E. got what they believed.
Christians got heaven, non-Christians (raised in a society whose 'milieu' to some extent is Christianity) gets hell. Hindus, Buddhist all get whatever it is they believe.

Infact, its interesting. A rabbi I have listened to quite a bit once said something along these lines. And it stuck out to me. "A Christian gets a Christian heaven, Buddhist see Buddah, etc. - and after awhile they all 'merge' with the one"

I take that merging as the end of all illusion...you are not energy back in the universe...like obi wan could no longer keep 'his place in the force' (the online extended version of the series...)

So all of this is fine, but in the end, it may behoove us to look more closely into science.
And while we are at it, put down our guns and stop killing one another, that is, if we want to live.
(I say that as I just saw another thread that asked if we are ready to fight.
Sure way not to have immortality...pick up a gun and fight, you will be feeding the worms sooner than you anticipated.)

But in the end, it is as it is.
I expect many will continue down the line of thought that they have had.

Some nice sayings I picked up through listening to Eckhart Tolle:
- is that so?
- maybe
- that to shall pass

Life would be a lot simpler if we had that kind of response when faced with a 'crisis'.
Death to the ego is one thing that wouldnt be a 'bad' thing...but the one thing that does appear to be immortal.

But while I am on it, I suppose Ill add this, since it is in the E.T. section.
Lets say that the 'gods'/elohim in the Bible were some kind of advanced life forms.
We see what happened when man started advancing at the tower of Babel.
"Look, whatever they set their mind too, they can do...let 'us' go down and confuse them."

So I suppose if it happned once, it could happen again.
But time is an interesting thing...'time is relative'. Wouldnt it be a mind trip if that account is about us...as if we are reading our future, thinking its the past (make a great story/movie anyway)

So sleeper, perhaps after all this rambling (as I know for now there is not much more you can say on what I wrote, as you believe what you believe now, and I have stated what I thought...) but it would be interesting to see what your take is on the aliens/god/elohim of Genesis and their interaction with mankind. Was it for our good? Or were they up to no good?

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
Hello sleeper,

What was the "mothman" which terrorized point pleasant in the 50's?

Made a great movie.

A wayward extraterrestrial with an evil fetish

Sometimes ETs drop in to forewarn of impending catastrophe, sometimes they create such.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Rudolph_X

Hey there Rudolph - - just gotta say how much I always love your posts.
----------------
. . . . and All this Jesus talk is always interesting to me.

For me there is a difference between the "Christ Consciousness" and the physical Christ (IMO man-made religion).

There is an interesting website - - that looks and interprets the bible from the perspective of a "light-being" (energy consciousness and/or higher evolved intelligence). Of course I lost the link when I did an upgrade.

QUESTION: there are many who do what they think is the right thing to do. But what are their real thoughts? What is their real reason for doing all the "right" things?

"Pure of Deed" is not necessarily the same thing as "Pure of Thought". You can't fool the Mind Probes.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Annee]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hey Sleeper,

Most of your responses simply click as "knowns" for me,,,and I smile.

ATS posters on this thread are seeking answers. All of us coming from different directions and experiences and all of us feeling frustrated as we reach for that unreachable star--cue:Man of La Mancha score...lol.

I am beginning to understand.

The notion of stealing paper clips/stuff from the office has me wondering--how important is that "stuff"? if I know it is being used for some project that I am doing now or in the future for others...
Integrity?

If I have to pay for this at the end, I am stopped.

If you feel like it, explain stealing?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Rudolph_X

Hey there Rudolph - - just gotta say how much I always love your posts.
----------------
. . . . and All this Jesus talk is always interesting to me.

For me there is a difference between the "Christ Consciousness" and the physical Christ (IMO man-made religion).

There is an interesting website - - that looks and interprets the bible from the perspective of a "light-being" (energy consciousness and/or higher evolved intelligence). Of course I lost the link when I did an upgrade.

QUESTION: there are many who do what they think is the right thing to do. But what are their real thoughts? What is their real reason for doing all the "right" things?

You can't fool the Mind Probes.

Hello Annee.

Thanks for your comments.

Some say, the conscious 'reasoning' mind does not really control very much of any individual's behavior, it controls perhaps 1/10th, they say, whereas the subconscious mind controls 9/10ths of a persons behavior. But people are different so the percentages may vary according to genetic and environmental factors.

But the subconscious mind itself is controlled by other sundry factors such as, hormones, hunger and thirst, split personalities, alter egos, instinctive curiosity, etc., hypnosis, advertising, ET thought waves, TV programming, ATS threads, drug addictions, educational and religious institutions, political mind-control, peer pressure from friends and family, or comes under the influence of mob mentality or Sesame Street, etc.

So who can really say why what folks think or do might be right or wrong? It is a very complex topic and touches upon a whole lot of various subject matter, most of which is commonly misunderstood.

Some say, human behavior seems to come from a combination of both the conscious and subconscious minds. Some of the behavior we can consciously control, but most of it is beyond our ability to control. In a sense we may actually be sort of 'automatons' with very little real 'free will'? So sometimes the best we can do is to try programming our own subconscious minds to behave in a way consistent with our conscious desires.

Can you blame someone for clucking like a chicken if they were hypnotized to act like a chicken? Life is like that. Most folks shoot first and ask questions later, so in a sense much of human behavior is preprogrammed. So how can you blame someone who is not in their right mind when they commit a heinous act?

The Crusaders of old were all religiously brainwashed to go to the 'Holy Land' and slaughter the Saracens. Do you blame them or the ones who brainwashed them?

To fully analyse topics of interest in minute detail it would take a lot of time and effort, and tremendous expertise and expense. We don't have the time or resources to do such an extensive investigation here on ATS, so it might be better to ask Sleeper.

Sleeper is the expert here so maybe he can answer your questions, if not more fully, at least more susinctly.

Thanks again.

PS: Sometimes we just have to accept that life is full of mysteries, and that in the fullness of time (or timelessness) some of these mysteries will come to be understood.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by Rudolph_X]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That was great Rudolph.

Hey I'm only Me. I only know what goes on with Me.

I've always felt like my head is plugged into some network like the Matrix - - and Im fed voice commands.

Some people are led around by the nose - I'm led around by the head gear

It really kinda sux - because it never shuts off. I feel like a mind-meld robot.

I'd love to just go out and kick soccer balls around a field and be completely oblivious.

Hi Sleeper

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
I take that merging as the end of all illusion...you are not energy back in the universe...like obi wan could no longer keep 'his place in the force' (the online extended version of the series...)

So all of this is fine, but in the end, it may behoove us to look more closely into science.
And while we are at it, put down our guns and stop killing one another, that is, if we want to live.
(I say that as I just saw another thread that asked if we are ready to fight.
Sure way not to have immortality...pick up a gun and fight, you will be feeding the worms sooner than you anticipated.)

But in the end, it is as it is.
I expect many will continue down the line of thought that they have had.

Some nice sayings I picked up through listening to Eckhart Tolle:
- is that so?
- maybe
- that to shall pass

Life would be a lot simpler if we had that kind of response when faced with a 'crisis'.
Death to the ego is one thing that wouldnt be a 'bad' thing...but the one thing that does appear to be immortal.

There is no real death, to the horror of those who wish there were---knowing that they have not lived a virtuous life perhaps---

Obviously we can believe whatever we feel is convenient, or to spare our minds of the guilt should every second of our existed be recorded as it most certainly is.

Fear not, we are allowed many indiscretions, and remedies for them

But like the existence of extraterrestrials life after death is privileged knowledge that few will get to indulge in while here on earth.

So sleeper, perhaps after all this rambling (as I know for now there is not much more you can say on what I wrote, as you believe what you believe now, and I have stated what I thought...) but it would be interesting to see what your take is on the aliens/god/elohim of Genesis and their interaction with mankind. Was it for our good? Or were they up to no good?

Come on dAlen, 200 pages in this thread are about aliens/god/elohim and everything in between---they are good, bad and ugly----which has nothing to do with why we humans are here---

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muse801

Originally posted by muse801

If you feel like it, explain stealing?

Hi muse,

Thanks for your comments they are always appreciated!

Stealing is a funny thing unless it’s your stuff that’s getting lifted---

We feel it most when some thief has the audacity to enter our home and trash our treasured valuables and personal belongings----for a few items that will be sold for a few dollars on the streets for drugs or booze.

Even law abiding folk can justify stealing when it’s small like a paper clip from a filthy rich CEO, or an apple from a small mom and pop grocery store for a hungry mouth.

Robbing Hood is popular more so in our day than in the past when the need was more real.

When I was growing up in my very tough and rough neighborhood some of the food on our table was provided by one of the dons in a “social” club across the street from where we lived. My parents didn’t take charity from the government but they did take it from some shady characters now and then, perhaps they made them a deal they couldn’t refuse---lol

So where do we draw the line on the hot merchandise?

That’s for each one of us to decide.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

That was great Rudolph.

Hey I'm only Me. I only know what goes on with Me.

I've always felt like my head is plugged into some network like the Matrix - - and Im fed voice commands.

Some people are led around by the nose - I'm led around by the head gear

It really kinda sux - because it never shuts off. I feel like a mind-meld robot.

I'd love to just go out and kick soccer balls around a field and be completely oblivious.

Hi Sleeper

Hi Annee,

“Mind-meld” robot, good one---lol

Spock had it easy he didn’t have all these silly emotions humans “must” deal with---Spock is at higher levels than humans are here on earth, he is proof that humans do move up, or down depending on your perspective---

But Spock is as cold as a computer chip on a mega heat sink, lacking in all those warm fuzzy human feelings, the things that make humans unique and fallible, and the stuff the egocentric Captain Kirk, cherishes the most---yet the two extremes are the best of friends.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
LOL - I think I'm more like Spock

I am going through a difficult time right now (no details) - which is why I brought this specific subject up.

I am getting rather interesting messages. Such as: your life is perfect - your universe is perfect - stay focused - do not re-act.

Love ya Sleeper - oh wait we're both married. So meet you in the cosmos somewhere - sometime - we'll have a real good time - and all that jazz

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sleeper,
Does this line of reasoning hit anywhere close to the mark?

Anything I think, say, or do, that I am not willing to advertise on a billboard for all of the universe to see, is most likely something that will count against me or be added to my bill. Because in the end, this is exactly what happens and is the reason most are willingly return to places like earth to paint a new billboard.

If I steal a paperclip from work I should also be willing to put on a hat when I go to work that says “I steal paperclips”

If I cheat on my wife, I also need to be able to call her up and say “I am cheating on you”

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyknockers

Thanks for summing that up into an excellent question.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

LOL - I think I'm more like Spock

I am going through a difficult time right now (no details) - which is why I brought this specific subject up.

I am getting rather interesting messages. Such as: your life is perfect - your universe is perfect - stay focused - do not re-act.

Love ya Sleeper - oh wait we're both married. So meet you in the cosmos somewhere - sometime - we'll have a real good time - and all that jazz

We have to stop meeting like this Annee, people will talk

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
Sleeper,
Does this line of reasoning hit anywhere close to the mark?

Anything I think, say, or do, that I am not willing to advertise on a billboard for all of the universe to see, is most likely something that will count against me or be added to my bill. Because in the end, this is exactly what happens and is the reason most are willingly return to places like earth to paint a new billboard.

If I steal a paperclip from work I should also be willing to put on a hat when I go to work that says “I steal paperclips”

If I cheat on my wife, I also need to be able to call her up and say “I am cheating on you”

A tee-shirt would be more appropriate---

That’s about right---we think no one knows our deepest secrets and actions---that’s the biggest illusion of them all---not everyone in the universe will know our business but those we affect negatively or positively will be among those that do know.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hi sleeper,

You'll have to ask Milton some time about your little social experiment here on ATS. How's it going? Is it doing any good? Is the world changing any of us yet? When are you getting a raise? Oh, and let us know! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hi Sleeper,
If I take what you say at face value, some more questions come to mind. Forgiveness. Am I required to forgive everyone who does me dirt? I like to forgive and move on, however I think the transgressor should ASK for it. I fail to forgive those who don't show some remorse or continue to behave badly toward me...am I wrong in this attitude?
Last life. If I (or anyone) has progressed to a higher level, do we come back one last time in a hellish situation just to test our mettle? Do we truly have to become "perfect" while here on earth before moving on?
Does your pool table have pockets or is it a real billiards table & does Milton play? (frivolous question, but I had to ask)

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There are no such things as Aliens. Scary though that would mean we are the only intelligent life in the universe.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyexplorer
There are no such things as Aliens. Scary though that would mean we are the only intelligent life in the universe.

LOL I would like to differ on the Intelligent part. (Beam me up scotty there's no intelligent life down here)
It's very egotistical for humans as a whole to think we're the only ones out there. That means all eyes on us. Look at us tap dance! Look at us play our parts, and fight in our "wars".
Intelligent can mean many thinks In my opinion. Like here on earth, you can be knowledgable, or street smart, and those I think, are both good examples of intelligence. Why can it not be applied to the cosmos?
It's rediculous to think we are in fact the only things out there. Including dimensions. To every question there are universes that answer both yes and no, Like schrodingers cat. Just food for thought

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Chiiru]

new topics

top topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join