It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Assistance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
2) Have you ever hired/promoted someone who was either a known Mason or made themselves known as a Mason over someone who may have been more experienced or better-qualified than the Mason applying for the same job?

I've actually been more critical of fellow brothers, than of non-members. There is a certain level of 'jackassery' that I expect from the everyday Joe. But when you say 'I am a mason', I equate that to a certain moral and ethical standard... and when you raise the bar, you'd better be prepared to jump that much higher.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Somthing has been bothering me since I've first read this thread, and I just figured out what it is.

"Masonic Assistance" is just that. Help. When a brother has come to me and said " I have a terrable tooth ach but I can't pay you because of XYZ." I will help him because it is the right thing to do as a brother. (obviously I'm a dentist) I don't expect him to return the favor. The word charity means just that "from the goodness of my heart".

Bartering services is a seperate thing. So is choosing to use the services of a brother over a nonbrother. When we decide who to do business with it can be based on many factors, friendship, brotherhood, reputation, whatever. Personally I would reather give my business to a friend or a brother rather than a strainger, assuming the quality is the same. But that is a diffrent topic from masonic charity.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Masonic Student]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I',m not a mason but my some of my friends are and some aren't but we are all in the trades , We do work for each other for barter all the time as long as nobody takes advantage of the situation it works out very well, and my masonic friends have no masons on there payrolls just because they are masons they are hard workers or they get laid off just the same as a non mason,

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The trade of carpentry for electrical services has nothing to do with Freemansonry and is very common among all types of people. People have been bartering services since before recoprded history. The government does not like it because it is hard to regulate and threrfore tax.

A man or woman should get a job based on ability not friendship of any type.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Favortism on jobs and such would probably be because the candidate and the employer would have a common bond and shared level of moral conduct. I believe this would be true of members of the same church, country club or any other common ground. The tenants of Masonry charge a person with certain codes of conduct that would be known to a fellow Mason and be considered desirable as opposed to a total stranger.Not really bad or good just reality.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join