It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocolypto...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm not much of a movie go'er, but this looks decent enough.

Any opinions about the upcoming movie from members here?

or

Trailer

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Gear]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well, it's not "upcoming", it's been out for a while. I thought it was excellent. Jaguar Paw is like freakin' Rambo at the end.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Really? It's released in about a week where I am.

There's no cliffhanger, right?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I saw "A" today and was disappointed.
The story was pretty lame, the characters were only semi believable, the CGI was pretty good.

Typical Mel Gibson

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I personally will be boycotting this, and any other movie Mel Gibson puts out. After those comments he made when he was drunk? Sh**. He doesn't deserve my hard earnt money.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well, I went to see it last night.

I was expecting to be disappointed, but it was actually done pretty well. (Up until near the end, that is.)

Originally posted by TheDesigner
I personally will be boycotting this, and any other movie Mel Gibson puts out.

I'm actually one of those people who think it was just an angry drunken rant. But in this movie everybody has those 'classic' style names. Flint Sky, Jaguar Paw etc. There is one Character who's name stands as an odd one out. His name is 'Hanging Moses.' This makes me wonder...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think the name was "hanging mosses" not Moses. But who knows with Mel; he does like to put A spiritual/Catholic/Fundy/moralistic slant on things.

I'm one of those people that think Mel is an antisemite, drunk or sober. But that does'nt mean he can't make a good film. Apocolypto, IMO, was'nt one of his better ones.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I think the name was "hanging mosses" not Moses.

Yeah, That makes sense now.

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm one of those people that think Mel is an antisemite, drunk or sober. But that does'nt mean he can't make a good film.

True. Very True.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Ha!

I forgot to add...

Mayan people + Apocolypto title... What do you expect the movie to be about? Regardless, the title was misleading. They should have named it 206 ways to kill a man.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
man this moovie was crazy if was a nonstop run for your life movie and it had plenty of plenty if you know what i mean teehee

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I liked it, whatever else you say about old Mel, the bloke can spin a good yarn.

top topics

join