It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Of Maimi Locked Down (Possible terror Alert)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Three men hae been arrested after the Port of Miami authories became suspecious when one man an Iraqi National stated he was alone and asked for a day pass to enter the port. When police determined the drivers answers did not seem right they then searched the truck and found two other indivudals of middle Eastern Descent hidding in the sleeper cab of the truck. The Miami bomb squad is now enroute to the scene.

www.foxnews.com
The container truck was stopped near the cargo-area entrance to the port around 8 a.m. and the driver of the vehicle, who had valid port identification, was questioned by authorities.

Police became suspicious and discovered two men hiding in the sleeper cab of the 18-wheeler. All three men are of Middle Eastern descent. The men are believed to be in the country legally and were being questioned by the FBI.

"At this time we don't know why they were here, what they were planning to do, or quite honestly even if the driver knew that the two men were back there," Harmeyer said.

The driver reportedly is of Iraqi descent and one of the other two is a Lebanese national; the third is also believed to be Middle Eastern and early reports stated authorities have a warrant out for one of the three but none of the detained is on a terror watch list, sources said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Fox news is now reporting the bomb Squad is expected to arrive on the scene within the next 10-15 minutes tune into Fox for further breaking details.

Very few details are available e at this time, so it is hard to comment on it.

Note: The story is now updated and one of the individuals had an outstanding warrant for his arrest. One Fox reporter is now also stating they are not here legally as was thought, but I think he may have said that buy accident???

[edit on 1/7/2007 by shots]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Fox is now reporting that the bomb squad has arrived and a full press briefing will take place that includes the FBI, Customs, Dept Homeland Security and local offcials within the next hour.

Fox is the only network carrying the event at this time and it seems rather odd they cut to normal news for a short while, so I am wondering if this perhaps could have been all part of a test to see if Port Authorities in Miami would catch them?

Fox is however reporting that the three men have been arrested and what alerted police that something was not normal was the fact the driver did not have a manifest for any cargo.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here's a bit more; One of the 2 men that were hiding was also an Iraqi national, (as was the driver), the 3rd man is Lebanese national. All are said to be in the country legally. One report says an x-ray of the truck, (not the cargo container) has already been done.

Questioned After Security Scare At Port Of Miami

When he was questioned, the CBS4 sources, say, the truck’s manifest didn’t match the information he was supplying security.

There was no immediate threat to the port, but its cargo area was closed while authorities used an X-ray machine to search the truck.

The case is being turned over the FBI which is routine for them to do. At this point do not know what kind of cargo was in the truck.

Suspicious truck stopped at the Port of Miami-Dade

A second Iraqi national and third Lebanese national were found hiding inside the truck, the official said.

She said the incident began when the Iraqi driver tried to make a delivery at the port and was told he needed a day pass. During the questioning, inconsistencies surfaced as to the cargo. The two men hiding were found during a search of the truck, she said.

Among the agencies responding was the Center for Domestic Preparedness, an agency that deals with suspected weapons of mass destruction.

Orihuela said the men appear to be in the U.S. legally and have resident status. They are not on any watch list.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
interesting.

I remember something similar happened at another American port a while back in August, i think, and that story just vanished. No British news company is following the story either, and it just seems to be Fox.

Odd that there will be a big press conference with so many Agencies sending representatives. I wonder if there's been quite a discovery in that truck

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Peyres]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
Odd that there will be a big press conference with so many Agencies sending representatives. I wonder if there's been quite a discovery in that truck

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Peyres]

Couple the large press conference add one outstanding warrent and add what the reporter is now stating that they were not here legally but illegally sure sets off a red flag here, yet I wonder if this is just part of a test?

Fox now stating today is not a busy cargo date yet it is the busiest day for cruise ships, so who knows perhaps they and their passengers may/might be targeted had they made it through the gate. Several Cruise wships are said to be due in port at various times today with thousands of passengers on board

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Once this unfolds we should compare it to the August Seattle incident:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps this is a test of both ports/coasts?

-Sour
[Hi Shots! It's been a while, buddy!]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
Once this unfolds we should compare it to the August Seattle incident:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps this is a test of both ports/coasts?

-Sour
[Hi Shots! It's been a while, buddy!]

Yeah sure has nice to hear from the udder side of town

I was thinking the same about this being a possible test but still have doubts

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just saw this when I turned on CNN.

I think I missed the press conference, just caught the tail end
of someone from the port answering questions.

I am curious as to exactly what is going on.
Was it a failed terrorist attempt, a test as has been speculated
on, or just some idiots who get their kicks by breaking the law
or perhaps something else completely.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
press conference hasn't taken place yet. We are still waiting. Could be at 4:00pm for all we know.

(21:00 GMT)

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
No press conference yet. Awaiting that now. Not sure what time it will air but Fox and CNN are standing by to go to it. Speculating a little after 4pm EST.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Just saw this when I turned on CNN.

No you did not miss it it is pushed back until around four CNN seemed to have almost reversed much of what FOX was reporting. They are taking the matter serious and all three have not been arrested as claimed by FOX and all three are here legally and are US citizens.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Fox now reporting that a reporter overheard Police saying at least one fuel tanker truck en-route to a cruise ship was turned away from the port so this may affect the 6 cruise ships scheduled to depart in the next few hours and could cost millions, but I tend to think that is over hype on their part.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Fox reporting no arrest but detained and questioned and unsure whether the driver even knew he had passengers.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Next thing you know Bush gets on tele stating:

See, Iraq had to be invaded because they are terrorists and they tried to commit a terrorist attack on US soil even now, we need to stay there and send more troops.

Even if he dares to say that to claim he was right, the CIA have shown that the Iraq war spread the terrorist mentality like wildfire, between people that would never and especialy, under Saddams rule, could never have done anything against the US.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm in Europe and just saw CNN's update..not a word of this news

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Apparently the press confrence is in 30mins around 9.45 - 10.00pm GMT

Just to update those without Fox (you lucky people).

apc

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio something possibly related. I am unable to locate an online source to verify. Radio has reported a large number of CDL applicants in southern Missouri that submitted the same address. The address turns out to be a gas station that claims to have no knowledge of the licensees. They are reported to all have Middle Eastern names.

Could this be the tip of the iceburg?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yep, news confrence (sp?) is at 4:45.. Department of Homland Security, FBI, and I belive the Coast Guard and other agencies will be there

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I just heard on the radio something possibly related. I am unable to locate an online source to verify. Radio has reported a large number of CDL applicants in southern Missouri that submitted the same address. The address turns out to be a gas station that claims to have no knowledge of the licensees. They are reported to all have Middle Eastern names.

Interesting... would that mean that the people with the lisences could go in and take the gas?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Is this what you were reffering too.
CDL link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join