It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Plotting Tactical Nuclear Strike on Iranian Nuclear Facilities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
From another source:

Link

Israeli and American officials have met several times to consider military action. Military analysts said the disclosure of the plans could be intended to put pressure on Tehran to halt enrichment, cajole America into action or soften up world opinion in advance of an Israeli attack.

Some analysts warned that Iranian retaliation for such a strike could range from disruption of oil supplies to the West to terrorist attacks against Jewish targets around the world.

I get the feeling this could be more serious than many may believe.

The fact that this original story was leaked, to me speaks volumes about it.

The above source also says:

Israeli pilots have flown to Gibraltar in recent weeks to train for the 2,000-mile round trip to the Iranian targets. Three possible routes have been mapped out, including one over Turkey.

Air force squadrons based at Hatzerim in the Negev desert and Tel Nof, south of Tel Aviv, have trained to use Israel’s tactical nuclear weapons on the mission. The preparations have been overseen by Major General Eliezer Shkedi, commander of the Israeli air force.

I think there is more going on here, than just sabre rattling.

Only time will tell, and I hope the feelings I have are all proven a false alarm.

It will be interesting to hear the Iranian reaction to this news.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the US has contingency plans for war with every country on the planet. that doesnt mean we are actually going to go to war. it's called planning ahead, and i seriously doubt israel is dumb enough to go through with it. i was wrong a year ago when i said israel will attack iran in march 2006, and i predict gazz will be wrong here as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
How does a bunker buster nuke work? How does it bust the bunker any more than a standard nuke? Isn't it just a nuke with a hardened conventional tunneling munition ahead of it?

The benift (in theory) I think is that a larger blast would set up a massive pressure wave through the material above whatever facility it hits. You would also basicaly destroy anything in the immediate blast zone / crater that developed. The other benifit if you used this type weapon on a Bio/Chem site is the potential destuction (again in theory) of the agents at the site.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Secret nuclear strike plans leaked? Hahahahahaa, yeah sure.

More like Iranian leaked some propaganda to gain some time, or someone poisoned Mossad's water with lead and they all now have the IQ of monkeys.

Leak of Israel’s Plan to Nuke Iran Smells Like BS

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The articles above speak volumes of what can happen but actions of course speak louder than words. Now all plans of contingency are strategically made from every aspect of the military. Yet if any of these reports rain true it is much of a warning to the Iranian officials or just a scare tactic used to stir up a reaction from Iran.

First sign of the apocolypse is peace in the ...middle east which seems so far..from this lifetime.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This can't be very surprising to anyone who has been listening to the pres. if Iran.
I mean, come on, I bet the US and more than a few allies have plans drawn up too.
Drawing up plans and acting on them are two very different things.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Okay, I would bet if they are going to attempt this they will use the F-15I which is basically a F-15E/F Strike Eagle.

Taken from www.globalsecurity.org...

The F-15I has a range of 4450 Km. In pure ferry mode the F-15E has a range of 5745. In that mode it would be possible to cover that territory, but those ranges require fuel loads that already put the aircraft at almost MTOW and unless im wrong the max ranges are for a clean aircraft with only cannon rounds, 3 drop tanks and Conformational fuel Cells. You add bombs (even streamlined bombs) and the drag increases quite a bit. Plus A2A for self defence etc, I would be surprised if they could get close to that range. The max combat radius (full weapons load) For an F-15E is 1270 km. Its quite a stretch. They will have to fuel somewhere.

Based on the ferry range most target could be at least flown over but with a meaningful payload like a 2000 lb bunker buster? or even a tactical nuclear weapon? doubtfull

external image Taken from www.globalsecurity.org...

While it sounds far fetched, it does make sence to have a bunch of commandos secure a field in a isolated part of the country to refuel and continue back to Isreal

[edit on 1/6/07 by FredT]

[edit on 1/6/07 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Someone asked; why leak this information?

One possibility... scare tactics aimed at generating an expected response from Iran.

Another... Israel is actually preparing to do this, and some inside the Israeli military are against taking such provocative action, worried enough about the consequences that they leaked the information.

These are the only possibilities I could think of as reason for Israelis leaking the information now available in breaking news reports.

Any other possibilities?

[edit on 6-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
FredT: That's why they'll need the USA with them. Alone, they can't do it because Iran will strike back. Because if anyone want to attack Iran, they need to take out all strike back capability of Iran AND his nuclear installations, and it's not with a few F-15I that the job will be done.

And Iran have at least 500-1000 missiles able to strike Israël. Biological, chemical and conventionals ones.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This could drag the whole world into war given the pact that Iran has signed with russia & china both which have a keen interest in seeing Iran stay stable for the energy they supply them , this is a very scary thing happening here.

I guess Isreal didnt care to much for the holocaust conference Iran hosted...

[edit on 6-1-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There needs to be a more potent threat for this to be carried out. Threats are one thing but actions are another. What I can see triggering this would be another 9/11 and it wouldn't have to be limited to US soil. I can't see israel carrying through on this, the international community wouldn't accept it and if it did it would be the end of modern civilization.

brill

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
now the world for the most part is watching the right hand (iran/isreal). My question is, what is the left hand doing??????????

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think the real leak is people's IQ in this overhyped garbage, cause the Times posted this same propaganda almost 2 years ago. Just ad the word nuke, remix and watch the apes go wild. Oooo ooo aaah ahh.

Revealed: Israel plans strike on Iranian nuclear plant
The Sunday Times-March 13, 2005

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Since both Russia and China have had plans to attack Europe and the USA with nuclear weapons for a very long time now, I am somewhat more concerned by that.

Everyone with any sense prepares detailed contingency plans for every likely scenario.

This isn't even news.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And Iran have at least 500-1000 missiles able to strike Israël. Biological, chemical and conventionals ones.

Its about 25-100 depending on source of theShahab-3 which has a reported CEP of 190 meters that can hit Isreal. The PAC-3's and Arrows would put a dent in those esp around high value targets.

the other missiles could put US targets at risk in Iraq though.

Here is a map of missile ranges
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Someone asked; why leak this information?

One possibility... scare tactics aimed at generating an expected response from Iran.

Gazz, Based on the tactical limitations of thier A/C assuming no US help, this may just be an elaborate move/countermove to see how they react or perhaps overreact giving an excuse for broader action. Or if Iran reacts badly, perhaps even as a goad into further UN sanction or even action by the US or even the UN.

It could also simply be an elaborate psychops geared towards forcing Iran to move facilites etc and perhaps generate a short term disruption in what they are doing to allow for more time for santions / world opinion to put pressure on Iran.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
This could drag the whole world into war given the pact that Iran has signed with russia & china both which have a keen interest in seeing Iran stay stable for the energy they supply them , this is a very scary thing happening here.

No chance the Chinese economy would collapse if they had a war with the US and Europe. China doesn't want war with the US they are both too interdependent with each other.
I find it interesting how uninformed and how simplistic views people have of the relationship of China and the USA. All this complete and utter BS that China will go to war with the US over Iran is complete bollocks.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Huh? I hope this was a typo.

Correct me if I am wrong.

yes you are right, is Israel.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by the_sentinal

No chance the Chinese economy would collapse if they had a war with the US and Europe. China doesn't want war with the US they are both too interdependent with each other.
I find it interesting how uninformed and how simplistic views people have of the relationship of China and the USA. All this complete and utter BS that China will go to war with the US over Iran is complete bollocks.

why is it so hard to for people to grasp that Iran has been beefed up through the support of china's technical assistance and a pact signed with russia for military support in the event of an attack.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here's the link read it for yourself, I dont see how you think that china & U.S. can't live without each other, remember it's russia with whom china conduct's it war games with, not the U.S., sure our economies are intertwined with each other but the future of the chinees economy is at stake when Iranian oil is so precious to them.

Sorry to all for taking this little rabbit trail taken here

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Could it be possible that someone within the IAF ranks possibly has a conscience? Surely if something like this were true countless innocent people could fall victim. Possible fallout could affect neighboring countries if something should go wrong.

Israel is getting way ahead of itself on this one, and I hope other people will realize that if we become involved (America) because of Israeli insistance, that once again we will be putting Americans at risk for the sake of Israels wants. In this case their wants would be a real or imagined nuclear hegemony in the region. At this point no one knows if its real or an imagined nuke program.

As long as its not with my or my childrens blood, feel free to support/help them. Ill sit on the side with a bucket of extra-buttery popcorn.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join