It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Court Orders Man to Be Blinded with Acid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
From the article, and I would appreciate your comments on this one. With understanding to the fact that "Humans Rights" are different based on what Country punishment is to carried out in.

What are your opinions on this "ruleing"?

"A Pakistani man has been sentenced to be blinded by acid after a judge found him guilty of doing the same to his former fiancee, court officials said Friday."
"Acid drops will be thrown into his eyes in line with the Islamic laws," Mohammad Shahid, a court official told Reuters.

An eye for an eye, huh. Now personally, I find the punishment appropriate, but is it right, no. He should be locked up in metal box and forgotten.

Human rights are violated every day. They will continue to be until it is taught violence isn't a way to solve anything, even as a means of punishment. Don't get me wrong, do unto others as you would have done to you.

That guy asked for it, the female however didn't. Violence is rampant beyond reason these days. video games, movies, cartoons, almost every aspect of todays media is revolved around the worst of things. MANY people have called it "Desensitizing".

No matter what someone calls it, something has rapidly changed social standards for the worse.

abcnews.go.com...

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by ADVISOR]

that's islamic justice for ya.

<< 1   >>

join