It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experiences with Astral Projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
**IMPORTANT**: This is a personal experience of mine which I have decided to share with the people of this forum, whether you believe it or not is not my concern, I am just here to tell my story and see if anyone has had any similar experiences to my own...

This is my personal account of my experiences with Astral Projection both voluntary and involuntary (I'll explain in a minute). I noticed a similar thread in which the author was asking for help with astral projection, so I decided to tell my own experiences with Astral Projection...

I first became interested in Astral Projection when I was about 15 when I was talking to a friend and the subject coming up in a random conversation. I was immediately interested in what my friend was telling me about the procedure and the experience. I have always been interested in weird things like this, but the whole idea of projecting my "soul" from my body seemed a bit strange. Several years before my conversation with my friend about Astral Projection, I learned how to perform self-hypnosis on myself as a way of coping with my PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). I realized that using certain forms of self-hypnosis makes Astral Projection much easier (at least for me).

The first time I ever tried Astral Projection, I was lying in my bed preparing my mind with some of the self-hypnosis techniques. Before too long (I would assume about 45 minutes to an hour), I felt my mind slip into a calm sense of tranquility (which is quite normal if you perform the self-hypnosis technique correctly). After that, I felt mentally prepared to make my first attempt at Astral Projection. I wanted to start off small, and not project myself too far, for fear of having difficulties returning to my physical self, so I decided to project myself outside of my parents' house (which is where I lived at the time) and into the front yard. I basically created a mental picture of my front yard, picturing myself standing in the middle of it, trying to keep it as specific as possible to make sure that I wouldn't project too far. Before too long I felt a slight tingling sensation throughout my body and a slight pulling feeling on my waistline (much similar to a "trip" from ingesting Salvia, but mind you that I was very much sober during this experience). Before I knew it, I was outside in my front yard, seeing it as I would if I were actually standing there. I experimented for a little bit (I don't know exactly how long I was out there) , moving around my yard, making sure not to move out too far (at the time I didn't know how hard it would be to return to my body). I noticed that "moving" was awkward at first, because I wasn't using my body to move myself, I was using my mind, and the adjustment was a little difficult at first, but over time became more easy. After a few minutes or so, I decided to return to my body, I quickly learned that to return to your body, you kind of have to do some "reverse Astral Projection" in a sense, concentrating on your physical form and moving yourself back into it.

I came out of the whole thing some 4 hours after I had initially attempted the Projection. The odd part about the whole experience to me was that the actual experience seemed to be over in a matter of minutes, and when I snapped out of it, I looked over to my computer (which was right next to my bed) and realized how much time had passed.

My next post on this thread will be another Astral Projection experience, however, this was an involuntary Projection that I had not planned on doing on that particular night.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'll have to post that other experience after I get off of work, I have to leave here in the next few minutes, so I don't know how much time I'll have, so I will just post it once I get home from work tonight

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow, This sounds very interesting. Although i can only wish to have an OOBE, even if im standing in my own room would be enough to amaze myself. Maybe you can teach me how to preform this method?

join