It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"A great event that will shake the world"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Another al Qaeda - Osama bin Laden Tape Expected

9 December 2003-- A message posted on a monitored Islamic jihad forum suggests the release of yet another videotape prepared by al Qaeda and featuring Osama bin Laden. The taped message will purportedly contain a message from Osama bin Laden about a "great event that will shake the world" (terrorist attack) that will take place before the Bairam (feast 70 days from Ramadan). The taped message will reportedly be broadcast after this large scale attack.

Northeast Intelligence Network

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ah the robot is still working!

He will inspire the many million Islamic robots to rebellion!

they will gleefully follow.

hate the westerner and not that filthy rich sheik over there!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
more empty threats?

it's a repeat of the "Boy who cried wolf"

they haven't backed up any substantial threats yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't know, they were pretty dead on about the release of the last Al Qaeda video tape. (last tuesday I think).

We'll just have to wait and see, nobody can prove what is going to happen either way. The only people that know for sure are the ones set to carry out the task.

What I find weird is OBL usually gives a statement shortly BEFORE and attack not after. Let us not forget he has said he wants to die as a martyr in a "spectacular" attack. Maybe he'll do our job for us and kill himself in the next attack.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't think he has the balls to do anything himself...the man's an ailing individual...his health will give out soon enough.

I'm suprised we haven't found him yet

have we tried looking for a tall bearded man, the only one with a dialysis machine strapped to his camel

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Oddly enough...I'm not frightened, as Ramadan started October 15th, hehe...
And Bairam was Nov. 13-14....hehe.....

Doh!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Osama (or his handlers) have to keep up the public image to fuel the "defiance of the infidel heroic model".

Right, Wrong, Indifferent the heroic imagery of Islam is that of the warrior king/prophet. By keeping himself in the eye of the public he maintains his relevance for his constituency (the fanatical Muslim male).

He doesn't actually have to do anything other than keep up with this campaign of bluff, bluff, bang! because the heroic model is not one based on actual results, but your ability to affect the infidel.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Uhmm....as I mentioned, the date for this supposed attack....has already come and gone...

Nothing to see here folks...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Bush (or his handlers) have to keep up the public image to fuel the "defiance of the Neocon Christian heroic model".

Right, Wrong, Indifferent the heroic imagery of Fundamental Christians is that of the warrior king/prophet and cowboy. By keeping himself in the eye of the public he maintains his relevance for his constituency (the fanatical American male).

He doesn't actually have to do anything other than keep up with this campaign of bluff, bluff, bang! because the heroic model is not one based on actual results, but your ability to affect the masses

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Bai`ram�
n. 1. Either of two Mohammedan festivals, of which one (the Lesser Bairam) is held at the close of the fast called Ramadan, and the other (the Greater Bairam) seventy days after the fast.

would that not mean there is another early next year?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
^^
Yes, Gazrok does not know what hes talking about.

The date has not come yet. We are still about 50 days away until that muslim holiday. Which occurs 70 days AFTER the end of ramadan. Ramadan just ended late november.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by U.S. Patriot
bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belive me,

You dont want it 'Mr.In god we trust'..

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Bush (or his handlers) have to keep up the public image to fuel the "defiance of the Neocon Christian heroic model".

Right, Wrong, Indifferent the heroic imagery of Fundamental Christians is that of the warrior king/prophet and cowboy. By keeping himself in the eye of the public he maintains his relevance for his constituency (the fanatical American male).

He doesn't actually have to do anything other than keep up with this campaign of bluff, bluff, bang! because the heroic model is not one based on actual results, but your ability to affect the masses

Actually your comparison is an apt one if you examine both parties from the outside. Both religions share a great deal of origins and traditions.

To many in the Muslim world America's excursion is just the latest attempt at the crusade.

It's easy to point fingers and lay blame (as we all do on this list) but when it comes down to it, it's a world at war.

From the fundamentalist Muslim point of view, whether you like it or not, but the fact that you can participate on this thread you are considered the infidel, worthy only to be a servant in the afterlife. (They're not really big on religous tolerance or social freedoms).

At least you have the right to say what you want, and do what you want within the guidelines of the law, and the constitution.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Greater (Kurban) Bairam, the holiday referenced in the first link, falls on 2/1/04.
Lesser (Ramadan) Bairam is the holiday that marked the end of Ramadan in November.

I think we can still worry.

-B.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Greater (Kurban) Bairam, the holiday referenced in the first link, falls on 2/1/04.
Lesser (Ramadan) Bairam is the holiday that marked the end of Ramadan in November.

I think we can still worry.

-B.

Good because I was getting worried that I had nothing to worry about.

top topics

join