It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barry Goldwater and UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is almost as good as it gets! I find this very interesting and I'm sorry if this has been posted before. But I feel that those who don't know about this should have the chance to know...

For those who don't know about Barry Goldwater:

Barry Morris Goldwater (January 2, 1909 – May 29, 1998) was a five-term United States Senator from Arizona (1953–1965, 1969–87) and the Republican Party's nominee for President in the 1964 election. He is the American politician most often credited for sparking the resurgence of the American conservative political movement in the 1960s.

His interest in UFOs:

Goldwater was one of the more prominent American politicians to openly show an interest in UFOs.

On March 28, 1975, Goldwater wrote to Shlomo Arnon: "The subject of UFOs has interested me for some long time. About ten or twelve years ago I made an effort to find out what was in the building at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base where the information has been stored that has been collected by the Air Force, and I was understandably denied this request. It is still classified above Top Secret." Goldwater further wrote that there were rumors the evidence would be released, and that he was "just as anxious to see this material as you are, and I hope we will not have to wait much longer."

The April 25, 1988 issue of The New Yorker carried an interview where Goldwater said he repeatedly asked his friend, Gen. Curtis LeMay, if there was any truth to the rumors that UFO evidence was stored in a secret room at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, and if he (Goldwater) might have access to the room. According to Goldwater, an angry LeMay gave him "holy hell" and said, "Not only can't you get into it but don't you ever mention it to me again."

In a 1988 interview on Larry King's radio show, Goldwater was asked if he thought the U.S. Government was withholding UFO evidence; he replied "Yes I do." He added:

I certainly believe in aliens in space. They may not look like us, but I have very strong feelings that they have advanced beyond our mental capabilities....I think some highly secret government UFO investigations are going on that we don't know about-and probably never will unless the Air Force discloses them."

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 27-12-2006 by classified material]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Barry Goldwater was, IMHO, the best Republican the party ever produced. And I'm not a conservative or Republican but I would vote for him today in a heartbeat if he was still alive. He had a reputation for honesty, integrity and an open mind. In my mind, this defintiely adds credence to the ever growing evidence of aliens.

join