It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Religious Forum is for Religion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is a bit of a rant rather than an informative statement or inquisitive post. *insert mod intervention here*

There was a time when people in this topic would post a religious thread, only to be hijacked and bombarded with athiests saying that it was nonsense. This was regardless of what was presented by the poster.
I always defended you, regardless of my opinion of the thread.

Behaviour like this from athiest members has ceased quite alot.

However, I have noticed that christians are starting to hijack threads more frequently.
For example someone posted a neo-pagan thread, only to have it hijacked by christians saying "that is not the will of god" etc.

The Religious Forum is for Religion, not Christianity.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Amen, in one sense and its also for open-minded spiritual talk... lets not be close-minded by the past/present dictates of Religion and its fascist followers...

Just my simple view-point ! Enjoy 2007 ! Infinity

[ Open ur minds to the real JC in us all, may He play Himself ] mercy !

[edit on 26-12-2006 by georgejohn]

[edit on 26-12-2006 by georgejohn]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just a few points I have to make.

Originally posted by Gear
The Religious Forum is for Religion

Notice that nowhere in the title of this forum does it say "Religion Forum". The word "religion" isn't in the forum title. People mistakenly think of this as the religion forum, but it's for all thoughts on theology, spirituality and faith of any kind. Not just religion.

There was a time when people in this topic would post a religious thread, only to be hijacked and bombarded with athiests saying that it was nonsense.

In nearly every ATS and PTS (and many BTS) threads, people who disagree with the original post are free to come in and say so. Strongly if they wish. As long as they follow the T&C.

However, I have noticed that christians are starting to hijack threads more frequently.

As long as it's on topic, it's not a hijack.

For example someone posted a neo-pagan thread, only to have it hijacked by christians saying "that is not the will of god" etc.

If a thread is hijacked, you can ask that it be returned to the original topic and/or report it using the complaint feature and the mods will handle it.

But someone saying that paganism isn't the will of God isn't a hijack. They're just giving their opinion. And people are allowed to be close minded if they wish, too.
We don't have to like it or approve, but it's allowed...

Having said all that, I understand that your post is a rant and I hear you. I just wanted to share a few thoughts of my own on the subject.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well,I am like GeorgeJohn, in one sense I can say "amen" and then in another sense, "huh."

With this being a Discussion Board you are always going to get someone who disagrees. However, you alluded to the "Pagan thread" that some "christians" came in and basically downgraded "Pagan beliefs." Well, can you say that you are surprised? Is that not the modus operandi of most "Christians," Jews and Muslims?

There are certain posters here, not mentioning any names because it's not polite, that I have put on ignore because of their degradation of what I personally believe or think. If the heat becomes to much for your taste, Gear, you always have the ignore option.

new topics

top topics

join