It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Kenyon - we didnt buy title

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
what you think? is it a case of buying the title? how much of it is cos they spent so much money?

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has refuted claims that the club have bought their way to the Premiership title.

The former Manchester United chief made the comments after seeing The Blues edge closer to their first title in 50 years with a 3-1 win over West London rivals Fulham on Saturday.

Since Roman Abramovich's takeover of the Stamford Bridge club in the summer of 2003, Chelsea have spent millions in assembling a squad that has been able to compete with the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United in the past two seasons.

link

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Havn't Arsenal and Man United been doing the same over a number of years?

Just becasue Chelsea have been able to do it much quicker, doesn't mean they bought the 'title'. Man United have spent quite a few million pounds on players the last two seasons and they never won it this year. So it shows money doesn't buy the 'title'.

Another thing is that Chelsea have made some duff signings asell. So it hasn't been plain sailing for them.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What a load of rubbish, Kenyon is saying what some people most prob think. So what if they spent a bunch of money. They still had to sign the right players, get them to gel and on the winning ways. You could buy a team of world stars and still not win anything, look at Real Madrid.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i think they have won it cos they deserve it.

man utd spent much more than arsenal during the summer yet arsenal are fininshing higher than them.

money does come into it to a certain degree but mourinhos buys have all been good and done a job.

and i agree with the stuff speadfreak said above me, about geling as a team etc

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
He didn't buy most of them. Duff, Cech and Robben were Ranieri signings. The three Portuguese signing have been solid enough, not convinced about Drogba.

Jose is a top manager, Ranieri got them to 2nd in the league though and had a great Champions League run so he deserves credit as well.

Sir

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Kenyon came after most of the signings had been made, so whats this 'we'..

I say good luck to them, the manager still has to get them playing together as its already been said. I expect a big clear-out in the summer and a few new faces. League title no.2 next season!!!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
They won't have it as easy as this year, although they have been great alot of luck has been used up in games and teams won't be as suprised by their tactics.

top topics

join